Edited on 04/02/2014 at 2:32:42 PM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for DinerMania here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 2, 14 2:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for staring the reviews thread pondprowler.

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on DinerMania here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on DinerMania .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Apr 3, 14 8:18 AM
I bought this game just because I was gasping for a halfway decent TM game. The graphics are cute and clear. You are to restore 4 restaurants, Italian, burger, bakery and Chinese. Your upgrades get more expensive with each restaurant. The tables and chairs have to be bought separate from one another. The money is generous, you can earn enough to completely upgrade each restaurant, and earn a star. There is a lot of clicking, and my click finger got very tired. The game is not long, I finished it in one afternoon and that included getting up and doing other things, not just sitting chained to my laptop.
You have to click on the patron, then an available table. A bubble appears above their head, telling you what they want. You then click on the appropriate stove/machine to get their order. There is a spice cabinet, and sometimes the diner wants a spice added to their dish. There are "outlaw biker" types that come in and don't pay for their meal, so you give them a hot pepper in their food or drink and that gets them out pronto. There is no timer, so you don't have to rush or go into stress overload. It was fairly satisfying to this TMaholic. A nice game to play when nothing else is there. I recommend the game. Replay, not for awhile, it isn't THAT good.

Edited on 04/03/2014 at 9:26:13 PM PST

[Post New]by anniemychihuahua on Apr 3, 14 10:44 PM
I started to play it until I realized the "gangsters" are actually Bikers. I would rather have a restaraunt full of Bikers than Business People!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Apr 4, 14 4:54 AM
I tried this game some while ago directly from the developer and thought it would actually get better so I bought it here with a PCC.

I was wrong. This should be called DireDiner. There is no 'Mania' about this at all, as in the other TMs that usually have Mania/Dash/Frenzy in the title. Everything happens very slowly.

It's a shame because this could have been so much better. It's the same premise as a lot of other cooking games - customers arrive, you seat them, take their order, get chef to cook the meals, serve, they eat, they pay and they leave.

The difference here is you have 'good' customers who do pay and you have 'bad' customers who eat but won't pay. These are apparently 'gangsters', except they are actually bikers.

You need your seats for your paying customers so you need to get rid of the bikers as soon as possible. You are supposed to do that by spoiling their food (adding pepper/chillies) when their mood is green or yellow. More often than not, this doesn't work. They ignore you and keep on eating.

Apart from that, your waitress can only carry one thing at a time, moves very slowly and clicking has to be very precise or no action follows.

There are the usual upgrades to different stoves, drinks, food etc but none of it makes up for the fact that this is just boring in the extreme.

Not recommended.

[Post New]by magentamom on Apr 4, 14 10:21 PM
I love time management games, but I made it through the intro and one level before quitting in total disgust. Mistreat your customers because you don't like how they look! Seriously? You need to get rid of the "gangsters" who seem to cause no problems at all in your restaurant because they ride motorcycles, because of no stated reason. They're just undesirables because they are.

Also, the game play seems pretty slow and boring, but I didn't play long enough to develop a strong opinion on that.

Really Big Fish, I have put up with some stereotypes in various games, even those that I find annoying, but actively removing paying customers because I'm supposed to know they don't conform to societal "standards" is pretty backward for 2014. I mean, I suppose you could have made them all black or something if you wanted to be more offensive, but this was plenty offensive.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Apr 21, 14 2:00 PM
magentamom wrote:I love time management games, but I made it through the intro and one level before quitting in total disgust. Mistreat your customers because you don't like how they look! Seriously? You need to get rid of the "gangsters" who seem to cause no problems at all in your restaurant because they ride motorcycles, because of no stated reason. They're just undesirables because they are.
...but actively removing paying customers because I'm supposed to know they don't conform to societal "standards" is pretty backward for 2014.

they aren't paying customers...the rough biker customers don't pay you. i know people are taking issue with the stereotyping of bikers, i'm honestly not sure which people group it would have been more acceptable to use however. the developers should have just made some of the customers less well behaved acting than others so you'd have to pay attention to their behaviors to see if they needed to be got rid of. i have no issues with motorcylce enthusiasts, my mom rode a harley lol.

also they will eventually go away if you give them pepper with everything. the smart way to do this is to just let them stand in line until their happiness bar turns yellow and THEN seat them and give them pepper. If you seat them when their bar is green you'll have to pepper them twice.

anyhow the game is ok, but not much in the way of challenging as there is no gold, silver or bronze to win based on performance...you just play until you are done with each day and then buy upgrades with your money. there's nothing really 'mania' about it at all. i thought the graphics looked nice and the idea was good but not always well executed. could have used a little more hurry up as everything seems to go kinda slow.

i think it's kinda sad people are having to buy this because there aren't very many good TM's out there. i have 4 credits sitting in my account because nothing super original or cute has come out in the TM games lately. i may have to cancel my membership AGAIN and for good this time if we don't start seeing something else besides hidden objects constantly.

this game isn't dazzling but you might, if you're a tm fan, find yourself getting it because there just isn't much else right now

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 2:04:05 PM PST

Go to: