the ending

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

the ending

[Post New]by j62janet on Apr 2, 14 2:12 AM
This truly is an awesome game, but the standard edition leaves the ending hanging in the balance, is there going to be a sequel to end the game properly, or is it a case of Buy the collectors edition to find out the ending, and the S/E, can't be left with an ending like that

roberta3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:the ending

[Post New]by roberta3 on Apr 3, 14 10:44 AM
i got to the end of the se after it crashed. i thought the crash might be part of the game.

now i am hooked. it is "adelantado "all over again.

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Apr 3, 14 2:45 PM
i like my games to have an ending, it is too bad since i really liked this game.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Apr 4, 14 3:47 PM
it said to be continued at the end

GramGram4
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by GramGram4 on Apr 10, 14 9:36 AM
It's really unfair to have the game end in ts manner. My game also crashed. I believe that Big Fish has an obligation to its members to let them know BEFORE a purchase that the game is part of a sequel. This way we have a choise to purchase or not.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Apr 14, 14 4:34 AM
Thanking for replying, it seems I'm not the only one who was unhappy with the ending!
Lets hope the sequel comes soon!

[Post New]by charob on Apr 14, 14 5:56 PM
I agree. I also likes mt games with an ending not a to be continued. it would have been nice to be told before I bought it it was to be continued.

[Post New]by K_Mac8 on Apr 15, 14 10:35 PM
I have read all entries about the coffin. I read the story moved accordingly. Did you have to do them in a certain order because other than that I have no idea how to complete this game. I am 62 years old and have been playing these games since they first came out and I have never not finished a game even if I did not like it particularly. Guess I cannot say that any longer I have worked on this for over an hour and I am done. I am still wondering why the R rating it was not any worse than others I have played. I think it was a way to get people to buy. Please refund my purchase I am completely disappointed.

wamp1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by wamp1 on Apr 19, 14 1:44 PM
I would not have purchased this game if I had had known that there was NO ENDING!

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Apr 21, 14 7:08 PM
wamp1 wrote: I would not have purchased this game if I had had known that there was NO ENDING!

me too...

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on May 2, 14 7:53 PM
Hopefully the developers are reading the feedback about the crappy ending. A trilogy is fine as long as you know about it before purchasing it.

[Post New]by baaholly on May 4, 14 4:31 PM
Has anyone else had items still in their inventory when the game ended? I still had the dagger and the crowbar.

[Post New]by Chattewoman on May 28, 14 6:52 PM
I did too.

[Post New]by Caroleonetwo on Jun 1, 14 11:52 PM
I didn' see it was written "to be continued" at the end of the game.I was so surprised too for the end of this game..I still had the dagger and the crowbar at the end.
Hope the following game will be out soon..
XX from France to everybody.

[Post New]by kycopmom on Jun 11, 14 1:07 PM
I reached an ending but I don't know if it was supposed to be the ending or not. It was where you're supposed to line up the four arrows correctly. I started this game over 4 times and got stuck at this part toward the end every time. I referred to the guide over and over and my arrows looked right, but nothing happened. I still had a dagger left, so I guess it goes beyond that point. Can anybody enlighten me?

[Post New]by GoddessofPain on Jun 14, 14 11:11 AM
kycopmom wrote:I reached an ending but I don't know if it was supposed to be the ending or not. It was where you're supposed to line up the four arrows correctly. I started this game over 4 times and got stuck at this part toward the end every time. I referred to the guide over and over and my arrows looked right, but nothing happened. I still had a dagger left, so I guess it goes beyond that point. Can anybody enlighten me?

There is to be a sequel so maybe that part is the "cliff hanger". I have played the game a few times but now my winch will not work to fix the tombstone, does yours? If so, how did you do it?

[Post New]by JACKIESAND on Jun 22, 14 7:56 AM
Re.the winch,it just stuck to the wall above the tombstone,a bit naff really as it just did it,nothing to fasten it to.I too was really annoyed with the ending,ok we all keep buying games and this did have quite a lot of playing in it (unless it was just me being slow cos I am old lol) but they should tell you if it is going to be one of a set of however many.
I also hope bf are taking notice of this as I am sure there are many more annoyed gamers out there who dont come into forums.

[Post New]by mglory67 on Jun 22, 14 2:06 PM
I have the collector's edition and it was very clear about the fact that a sequel was on its way this September. It would have been nice if everything had been wrapped up in one game, but I for one don't mind having a sequel to look forward to. The collector's edition had a pretty cool teaser also.

You can PM me if you're confused about the ending.

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 2:07:28 PM PST

[Post New]by shalomall on Sep 11, 14 11:37 PM
Well, that certainly was a odd way to end the game. Was this really necessary? Are we not purchasing enough games? Is this a new marketing tactic to make us purchase the sequel? I really enjoyed the game and the puzzles but I feel as if this was done to make me purchase chapters 2 and 3. Are you planning on giving a discount to those of us who purchase chapter 1 not knowing it was incomplete? I am sorry to sound negative but I am very disappointed. Will I buy the sequel? At this moment the answer would have to be no.

Jahak
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Jahak on Mar 6, 15 4:57 PM
I too am annoyed that the" ending" was confusing..not a come on for me to buy the next one. Regular game gave no hint as with those with the collector edition indicated .Jahak

Go to: