Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Riddles here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 3, 14 12:42 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/03/2014 at 8:29:27 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Riddles here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 3, 14 8:29 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 3, 14 12:05 PM

Upon the 3rd or 4th tutorial (which does NOT have a turn-off button), I can't get ANYTHING to work -- not the hammer that I need to delete the last row nor the hand to fill in more squares.

The tutorial will NOT let you do ANYTHING on your own so I am TOTALLY and COMPLETELY stuck. This game is NOT unfamiliar to me as I've got LOTS of these types of games (thank you, ) so I DO know what to do but for some reason, the game is NOT responding to my clicks OTHER THAN to move from the hand to the hammer tools.

MEnr56

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 3, 14 2:41 PM
You have literally got to grit your teeth and just finish the tutorial. Even though it's not highlighting anything, it is telling you (up top I think) to "get rid of that last square". As there were a couple of "last squares" I had to right click on each one until I "got rid" of the one it wanted me to.

Tutorial doesn't last long (I know it seems like it when you know how to play and just want it to leave you alone!).

Good game, well worth hanging in there.

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Apr 3, 14 4:24 PM
Too frustrating to get through the tutorial that won't let you click anything and move on. This feels very buggy if you can't get past the tutorial. Thumbs down Big Fish!

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Apr 3, 14 6:17 PM
I share your frustration! This seems like a good game and I was looking forward to playing.... but the #@&% tutorial won't let me proceed. For goodness sake, I've played these game a lot. Why on earth can't the tutorial be skipped.... Have tried to click on every square and cannot proceed - so, sorry, BFG this is a no for me.

I almost bought it without testing, knowing I would like the concept...would have been a rookie mistake!

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Apr 4, 14 8:23 AM
Same here barbaralbb,, got to about the 4th level I think and I too couldn't go any further, clicked on squares I thought it should be and nothing happened, so in the end i just clicked on any square and I still couldn't go any further, I to will not buy this game unless you can skip the tutorial.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Apr 4, 14 11:38 AM
I really like the game but it turns off in the middle of a puzzle. Very frustrating. I'm going to try uninstall/install.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Riddles here

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 4, 14 2:26 PM
New problem:

Once you've chosen your kind of puzzle--in my case, "Pic a Pix" because I've got lots of the other type (many World Mosaics, sold by Big Fish) and I wanted to try something new--you're apparently stuck with it.

I decided I didn't like the new puzzle type, and wanted to finish up my demo w/ good ol' Fill-a-Pix style. Well, I've deleted the previous players, started over coming in from outside the game, everything I can think of. Nothing makes it reset.

I'll be informing the Customer Support people, of course.

Later: Finally straightened out when they had me delete a file. Thx, Support!

Edited on 04/19/2014 at 6:24:37 AM PST

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on May 13, 14 6:02 PM
I am sad about this game. It had such promises. I could not get the buttons to work so I could finish the puzzle. Too frustrating. It would take the entire hour just to get through the tutorial before I can play the game.

I hope that they fix this....PLEASE!!

Go to: