jjjogram
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Kids jumping on the bed

[Post New]by jjjogram on Apr 4, 14 3:53 AM
I have a "thing" about kids jumping on the bed - I never allowed my own kids or grandkids to do it, & I just can't stand when my peep's kids do it ! I guess it's a pet peeve - anyways, touching them with the red hand, doesn't seem to deter them for the long haul - I do it whenever I catch them doing it, but it seems that they continue to do it, even when they are teens ! Is there any way to get them to stop doing the annoying things - like banging dishes, playing in the toilet, etc ?

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:Kids jumping on the bed

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on Apr 6, 14 1:20 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure, but it may be because they don't have anything better to do??? Like, when I first started the game and all I had was a tv, couch, and bed, not even the room that is like $400(the one behind the bathroom, that was first infested with bugs) and Not much for the Kids to do, most of the time they would jump on the bed, play in the toilet, throw rocks, etc., but once I'd gotten much farther in the game and they had many, many toys(definitely more than needed), they would sometimes do stuff like that, but not as much. So the problem may be they're bored,in that case maybe buy them a couple toys. Hope this helps!

jjjogram
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jjjogram on Apr 8, 14 12:35 PM
Thank you so much for replying ! I am playing 2 different families; 1 family is in generation 5, & 1 family is generation 6; so I have plenty of toys for the kids in each family - It sort of seems to me as if some kids are real brats, & some kids aren't ! I notice that some kids very rarely jump on bed, play in toilet, etc, & some kids just won't stop doing it, even when they are teenagers ! Also, whenever they do jump on bed, etc, I touch them with the red hand, and they run away, then I pick them up & put them on a toy or in the pool, & then touch them with the green hand, to let them know that this is ok behaviour - just seems like some kids are a bigger pain than others !

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on Apr 15, 14 4:06 PM
Probably. My last generation family actually had the kids doing bad stuff up until the age of 14(all of them... weird coincidence), and my generation now there is only 2 times that the kids do bad things, and I've got 3 kids! So maybe. But I can't be sure.

[Post New]by MissyGirl9 on May 13, 14 5:36 PM
I used the "salty" candy and it seemed to keep them off for a much longer time. When they went to do something that was not right, i distracted them by putting them on the water the flowers or dig up some bone or collect a collectible. it seemed to work much better than the "hand" : )

[Post New]by teetyteet on Jun 2, 14 3:17 AM
The poor little kids dont have a long stay with you and they do work hard picking up things,only one can go to the next generation,so l let them have a ball.Lol

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Jun 2, 14 12:33 PM
Seems to me when they jump--on the bed, down the stairs, on the trampoline, and when they are praised, it adds to their happiness. So I just once did the red glove to get the goal and from then on I let them do it.

kit1717
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kit1717 on Jun 2, 14 8:50 PM
Most of the time I ignore those behaviors, too. I am a number of generations down, so I do not need to use the red hand for anything. Sometimes I pick a kid up and drop them onto something I would rather have them do instead. Sometimes I just take them out onto the lawn and keep dropping them and picking them up again until it says they are doing something I don't mind them doing. Then I use the green hand on them and let them go off to do it.

However, I did have a particularly nasty little kid once that refused to do anything I dropped her on and seemed to want to do mostly "naughty" behaviors, so I sent her to boarding school. (I had enough money to do that since it was after a few generations with good salaries.) After that, I got two other children with those parents, and both of them seemed normal. I suspect that how headstrong the kids are is a random thing.

[Post New]by ChantalizingEyes on Jun 26, 14 3:22 AM
Scolding them would decrease their happiness little by little, so sometimes i ignore them. But I get annoyed because when they keep doing those silly things like banging dishes or switching the lights on and off, their parents get disturbed when they are supposed to be working on their careers.

tdunich
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tdunich on Jun 28, 14 4:29 PM
teetyteet wrote:The poor little kids dont have a long stay with you and they do work hard picking up things,only one can go to the next generation,so l let them have a ball.Lol

This made me smile! What a fun virtual mom you are!!!

Go to: