mollyal
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

This is ridiculous

[Post New]by mollyal on Apr 4, 14 1:41 PM
The time limit for gold is ridiculously short on most levels. I'm good at time management games, but find this one practically unbeatable. I finally gave up on one level where I couldn't even get silver in the time limit they gave (on the fourth farm). I won't even be finishing this one.

Time limits are supposed to be challenging not so frustrating and impossible that you want to scream after playing the level for the nth time.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

Re:This is ridiculous

[Post New]by ricoblade on Apr 5, 14 2:47 AM
Sorry but I disagree - I really like a challenging TM game and so far have got to level 27 with all on gold but I've had to redo some levels many times and/or look for help, often not getting anywhere near gold or silver on the first few goes.

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Apr 5, 14 4:56 PM
I disagree too, I am at 57 with all gold, this one I came here on the forum to see what the problem is with the patty machine. You can get gold; you just have to change the strategy and think outside of the box.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Apr 6, 14 7:38 AM
I think this game shows the worst of time management games. It is very hard and there only seems to be one way of winning it.
I think the peak of Time management games was most of the Royal Envoy Series where there are a number of ways to get gold, just some ways are shorter and more efficient than others. That suits the hot gamers that like a challenge.

If the game is too difficult to get the basic gold then it disenchants others that are a bit slower and there are a lot of us in that boat. Too much disenchantment and we stop buying, so you hot gamers will find that sequels of your favorite new difficult games become less.
Most of the farm frenzy games were playable, except one had a real arcade like quality to it in that one level you had to speed up the machines a lot to get the gold. Not good for arthritic fingers and if farm frenzy had continued to put out games with more levels like that I would have stopped buying.
The mechanics should be adjusted that slower players can still get gold, just not set records in doing so. You faster and hot gamers the challenge for you is to complete the level in the fastest possible time

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Apr 9, 14 9:13 PM
I got all gold and only a few levels were troublesome; I am now working on beating all the expert scores..really this has much to do with your strategy and I like that.

Justy1002
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Justy1002 on Apr 15, 14 12:21 PM
Someone said it best when they advised to "think outside the box". This game is more strategic than your average TM game out there.

Think about the following:

- What resources are available to you that you don't need? Sell them for quick cash.
- Do you really need to upgrade a specific item?
- Is it worth spending the time and energy making an item that you don't need over and over just because it awards more cash?

Yes, it's hard, and you may have to replay a level. However, if at first you don't succeed, plan differently the next time. Pay attention to where you fell short and adjust your strategy.

I was surprise at how easy some levels were after I changed my strategy.

Don't get discouraged!

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on May 11, 14 5:49 AM
Ricoblade please post some of your solutions. I am getting about half gold and half silver. Would like to do better!

GoldenMel
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenMel on May 11, 14 9:49 AM
I know that it could be a party spoiler for many of you hard core TM players but there is alwasy sipason´s youtube to rely on. I personally can´t get all gold without it and even then I still struggle and play over and over and over. Happy Mother´s Day!

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on May 12, 14 12:50 PM
elizaew wrote:Ricoblade please post some of your solutions. I am getting about half gold and half silver. Would like to do better!

Hi - let me know what level(s) and I'll see what I can do.

[Post New]by PKsDream on Sep 7, 14 5:54 PM
Hey RicoBlade Im having trouble with lvl 22.I have tried everything and still always come up 3 short on the cold cuts.Any advice?

Go to: