nancy2394
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

chocolatier

[Post New]by nancy2394 on Mar 22, 09 11:15 AM
OMG.... I passed this game by over and over again because I thought it looked stupid. But a few people were saying how good it was so I decided to get it. I'm totally HOOKED. But now I screwed myself because I just purchased my 3rd chocolate factory and didn't leave myself enough money to fly to another place and buy my ingredients... I hope I don't have to start the game over...

Re:chocolatier

[Post New]by incrediblyviolet on Mar 22, 09 11:21 AM
make chocolates, sell chocolates, travel

the other factories will make enough for you to sell

If I recall correctly, every factory place has a chocolate shop too

nancy2394
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by nancy2394 on Mar 22, 09 11:25 AM
incrediblyviolet wrote:make chocolates, sell chocolates, travel

the other factories will make enough for you to sell

If I recall correctly, every factory place has a chocolate shop too

The only problem is that I wasn't paying attention to my supplies and all 3 of my factories are out of vital ingredients and I have nothing in inventory to sell...lol I think I really messed up..lol

[Post New]by incrediblyviolet on Mar 22, 09 11:52 AM
Then start over - remember for next time - no harm no foul -

nancy2394
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by nancy2394 on Mar 22, 09 12:00 PM
incrediblyviolet wrote:Then start over - remember for next time - no harm no foul -

Yeah, I'm gonna have to start over... lol. Oh well, I just wasted about 3 hours on it, better I screw up now rather than later in the game when I've invested many hours.

hrslvr_paints
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,224 Posts

[Post New]by hrslvr_paints on Mar 22, 09 12:18 PM
Which chocolatier did you buy?

nancy2394
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by nancy2394 on Mar 22, 09 12:21 PM
hrslvr_paints wrote:Which chocolatier did you buy?

I just have the first one for now. But if the others are as fun as this one.. I'm gonna have to get them too..lol

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Mar 22, 09 12:22 PM
Yeah, when you run out of money, you are stuck. Game has to be restarted. My wife plays this game all the time and I have lost track of how many times she has beaten it. I am still on my 1st game. LOL

hrslvr_paints
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,224 Posts

[Post New]by hrslvr_paints on Mar 22, 09 12:25 PM
nancy2394 wrote:
hrslvr_paints wrote:Which chocolatier did you buy?

I just have the first one for now. But if the others are as fun as this one.. I'm gonna have to get them too..lol

I bought the 3rd the other day and I like it. The nice thing in that one is that gaining factories becomes part of the storyline and the way it's all set up makes it that you don't have to purchase factories. There's also a way in the game to be able to travel without incurring any costs.

nancy2394
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by nancy2394 on Mar 22, 09 12:49 PM
ok, this might be a stupid question... but how do you save your game?? I don't see a save option anywhere.

hrslvr_paints
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,224 Posts

[Post New]by hrslvr_paints on Mar 22, 09 1:04 PM
I can't recall for the first two. In the third, you click "menu" in the game screen and click "main menu." The main menu that you get when you start the game up has a "save and quit" option. Don't know about the first two games though.

nancy2394
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by nancy2394 on Mar 23, 09 2:38 PM
Ok, I figured out how to save the game. It doesn't have a "save" option you can click on. It just automatically saves the game and it picks up where you left off the next time you play the game. What I have learned by trial and error is if you mess up and you still have a little money left that you can do something with it like make a purchase or travel.. but not enough money that you can go any further in the game... you have to spend what little money you do have and then a box will pop up basically saying you messed up and you can't go any further and gives you the option to start over..lol

I forget what thread I was reading that sparked my interest in this game.. but whoever it was.. I just have to thank you again because this game has occupied my insomnia hours for 2 days now!

Edited on 03/23/2009 at 2:39:18 PM PST

[Post New]by HereticAcorn3 on Jan 1, 12 1:01 PM
I bought all three. By far Chocolatier Decadence By Design is my favorite. I play them all the time and try to beat my score. I like Decadence By Design best because of the three games, you have the most control over creating and designing your own decadent desserts. The key for me is to make and sell expensive desserts so I can buy ingredients and travel in order to complete tasks. I also spend a bit of time trying to make the most of the chocolate runs. The more you can produce in a week, the more money you make and the more ingredients can be purchased to complete tasks (orders). Two thumbs up!

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 1:02:59 PM PST

[Post New]by lemony_snicket on Jan 1, 12 1:02 PM
look at the date of the last post above you and you'll see how old this thread is this is a really old thread why dont you start one of your own instead

SierraNV
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,208 Posts

[Post New]by SierraNV on Jan 1, 12 1:06 PM
Welcome to the pond, HereticAcorn3! I have never played these and you do make them sound like fun!

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 2, 12 12:47 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by to let you know I'll be moving this thread to the Chocolatier Forum. This way it will be easier for other players to join in on the conversation! Please feel free to continue your discussion over there.

Happy Gaming and Happy New Year !
bfgKenai

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Jan 2, 12 3:14 AM
Well, Acorn, you talked me into trying these again. I tried the first one quite a while ago, but didn't get very far. Unfortunately, I accidently let the time run out, so I had to DL #2. So we'll see how it goes. I decided to eat some choc chips while I play. I thought it might give me better luck.

[Post New]by queenravenclaw on Jan 4, 13 1:02 PM
I can travel any where in North and South America but how do I get into Europe.

Go to: