temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

No Replies to Your Mailbox Messages?

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 5, 14 2:02 AM

If you've visited neighbors, clicked on the mailboxes and have sent out several messages and haven't received any responses, the problem could just be with your message settings.

Click on the gear wheel at the top right of your manor's window. In the Options window that pops up, if there isn't a boxed area titled Message Settings then click on Messages at the bottom. Receive Messages must be On. If it's not On, then your Inbox (click the envelop at the bottom of the first Neighbors screen) will never show a count to the right of Messages and clicking on Messages will just bring up a window saying 'Visit Neighbors to send messages'. Even if messages have been sent you and are waiting for you to receive them they will not show until your Message Settings is On. Once it's turned On these messages will appear.

Re:No Replies to Your Mailbox Messages?

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Apr 5, 14 5:36 AM
Thank you so much for this tidbit. I wondered why I stopped getting messages. I guess I somehow turned it off because I changed it to 'on' and now I can see messages again!

Plum_crazy
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Plum_crazy on Apr 5, 14 9:55 AM
I'm finding it difficult to type in messages. It does say "for a better experience use windowed mode" but I don't know what that means or how to do it! Could some kind person enlighten me?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 5, 14 10:01 AM
Information about in game messaging -including questions and observations in this thread- can be found in the Dark Manor 101 stickied thread, page 4.

Edited on 04/05/2014 at 10:02:52 AM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 5, 14 11:10 AM
Hi Plum_crazy,

A search through the Dark Manor forum for 'windowed mode' brings up a response by LaReinaGitana in the 'People locked out of their manor' discussion:

'I also found that it helps to use the windowed rather than the full-screen format. You do that by clicking on the gear/cog at the upper right, and getting the pull-down menu. It will give you a choice to turn full screen off or on. Turn it off to message (giving you the windowed mode) and on to play (giving you fell screen).'

In windowed mode it's easier to change the manor name and to create messages. I personally use Notepad to create my message and then cut and paste into the Dark Manor mailbox window. Be aware that there is a 187 character limit to the length of mailbox messages.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Apr 5, 14 11:38 AM
Thanks, temp_89120!

I was just going to answer that, but you beat me to it.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 5, 14 11:41 AM
Sorry. I did give you credit though...

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Apr 5, 14 12:04 PM
I wasn't criticizing; I'm glad you answered. And thanks for the credit!

Go to: