Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Removing request items

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 5, 14 5:39 PM
Hi everyone, I did something recently that I'm not sure if it upsets others or not. I'd like your opinion.

I removed all my gift requests and I've been sending all the people on my list gifts without recieving any back.

Everyone should note that if a friend removes all their gift requests you will not see them in your gifting area. You can still see them on the left side area that lists all your friends. They are still your friend but you can not send them gifts.

I think I may have confused some of my friends by my absence. I've gotten two messages about it. I wanted to give everyone a gift before putting request items back up so that no one felt the need to gift back. I thought I was doing everyone a favor.

I will put items back on my list but continue to make sure that every friend that I can gets a gift. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Nancy

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Removing request items

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Apr 5, 14 6:26 PM
I find it big-hearted that you made that choice. and it adorns you as a person imo.

But its your game, you can play it the way you like the most. And because you are still helping your friends, you have NOTHING to feel bad or insecure about!

I can understand that your friends were maybe abit worried/scared that they lost you, but thats not the case is it. So please dont feel guilty or uncomfartable, no reason for that all.

well, just my 2cents

Edited on 04/05/2014 at 6:31:56 PM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Apr 5, 14 6:48 PM
just wanted to chime in and say "this is one of the main reasons that I like this game so much! Everyone is so positive, kind and helpful to each other even in the midst of frustrating "greedy ole pete" Happy gaming everyone!

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 5, 14 7:00 PM
Thanks for the responses.

I think that some people thought they had lost me as a friend. I wanted everyone to know that I'm still here. You can't get rid of me that easily

Figgy49
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Figgy49 on Apr 5, 14 11:37 PM
Nor do we want to.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Apr 6, 14 1:02 AM
I feel bad about not being able to gift all of my gifters, but I do the best I can.

pennyking123
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Removing request items

[Post New]by pennyking123 on Apr 6, 14 6:07 AM
Amerzone wrote:Hi everyone, I did something recently that I'm not sure if it upsets others or not. I'd like your opinion.

I removed all my gift requests and I've been sending all the people on my list gifts without recieving any back.

Everyone should note that if a friend removes all their gift requests you will not see them in your gifting area. You can still see them on the left side area that lists all your friends. They are still your friend but you can not send them gifts.

I think I may have confused some of my friends by my absence. I've gotten two messages about it. I wanted to give everyone a gift before putting request items back up so that no one felt the need to gift back. I thought I was doing everyone a favor.

I will put items back on my list but continue to make sure that every friend that I can gets a gift. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Nancy

that's what I have done on my second game is I have taken off my request and just giving things away to the friends on that game and to my main game

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 6, 14 7:30 AM
This is the best forum! Thank you all for being friends!!

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Apr 6, 14 10:33 AM
That is one heck of a good idea Amerzone! I am sure there are people on my list I have never sent to, now I can do five a day from the beginning and make sure they all get something! Thank you for sharing that

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 6, 14 2:41 PM
Make sure to spread the word that removing your request items mean that you can not been seen on the bottom row of friends. This is what is confusing other people.

I put items back up on my request but no one is expected to send me anything. I put simple items on the list, just in case

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 7, 14 3:12 AM
Amerzone,

I do that regularly with my 4 players. It helps me to catch up with all the great people here.

Go to: