molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

Get an Advertise for every page I open here today.

[Post New]by molla311 on Apr 6, 14 1:40 AM
Hei everyone.
(I am in Norway)

Today when I opend BF an advertise come up for every page I open in here.
It might just be on my computer.
[Removed by Moderator]

Never happend before, have sendt a note to BF.
Anyone else?

It seams as this is my comp. It shows on other places to. Now I have to try to figure out how to get rid of this.

Edited on 04/07/2014 at 9:47:35 AM PST

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Get an Advertise for every page I open here today.

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Apr 6, 14 2:04 AM
Never seen it on my PC. Must be your computer. Sorry I can't be of any more help!

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

you have a VIRUS

[Post New]by AirCoco on Apr 6, 14 2:41 AM
This is a MALWARE virus...do NOT click on any of the ads!!
You get this from sites that are hacked (I HOPE BF isn't hacked! I doubt it!) and places that jerks put these kind of links on - Facebook, nsughty-bit sites (which you should not be on in the firts place! . Who knows? CNN had one recently!
Linkbucks can be a "Redirect Virus" that is a browser hijacker - they specifically to hook into your browser or search engine. When you launch a browser or search engine,you will get ads and pop-up windows, they multiply the more you use your comp and likely will put a Trojan horse virus on the comp.
I don't know if BF would let me post links for programs that could remove it for you or give you the tech help to do so without removing this post....so Please put the name of the virus in a search engine and you will find programs that can take it off or (moderator don't remove this link please!) try a great free scan here: [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 04/07/2014 at 4:21:05 PM PST

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Apr 6, 14 7:09 AM
Same thing happening on my computer on the BF site also, AirCoco.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 6, 14 10:50 AM
molla311,
Run your anti-virus and your anti-spyware and if it still shows up, take a screen shot and send it with a Dr Felix report to customer service.

I haven't seen anything BUT, I update my anti-vi and spy everyday, and scan every other day or so.

Edited on 04/06/2014 at 10:51:06 AM PST

deeno2
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by deeno2 on Apr 7, 14 5:58 AM
I find the most effective way to deal with these unwanted sites that we inadvertently have downloaded, is to do a system restore. Right click on your start button and you should see "system restore' somewhere there. Pick a date well before you started seeing this problem, usually a week before and it will bring your computer back to where it was. This should clean up all these unwanted sites. You will have to straighten out a few things after but everything will be running smoothly.

The way these site get you is that they have boxes checkmarked that will put a new home page etc. onto your computer and if you don't uncheck them then you've given them permission to change your settings. Be very careful of any site that tells you that you have to download something for your computer to perform correctly. It's a trap!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 7, 14 8:52 AM
I actually got ads all over my screen - not BFG - but it was driving me crazy. I went into 'my programmes and features' - you know where you can install/uninstall. I found a name I didn't recognize. Went to Google to check it out - discovered it was bad - deleted it and solved the problem! Good luck!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 7, 14 9:47 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm really sorry to hear there's been an issue with these pop-ups lately. We definitely do keep our site safe and scan it daily to make sure there isn't anything harmful, but if you're seeing something like these pop-ups when going to our site, please feel free to contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and they can help troubleshoot the issue.

I hope that information helps!

bfgVaiya

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Apr 8, 14 10:46 AM
Hei everyone.

I have been busy and just came in to see here.

catbag (cat person? I have 5 )
I think might be my computer.

Vicalana I have looked there and there was nothing new that I could see.

Deeno When right click the green start button there was no system restore there?

Tookat I have run Avira, nothing there either.

Sollys (Sol-lys is sun light in my language, nice ha?)

Aircoco you really scare me

Well i have now sendt a DrFelix rapport and hope they can help.

Thank you eveyone. Hope those of you with problems that they will be solved to.

Edited on 04/08/2014 at 10:48:58 AM PST

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Apr 9, 14 11:35 AM
lol Molla I am very scary I am 17

they had to remove the link for the program that scans comps from their end that would catch everything.

These "ad" viruses and malware are usually easy to remove but they multiply and will take over your browser and comp and some have worse stuff in them. It's epidemic the last few weeks. You can also go to your ADD/REMOVE list on your comp and see if there is anything listed that looksfishy (sorry BF) and remove it. PM me for a list of helpful tools to remove or look for things since I get yelled at for posting it

There is also a rash of email address hijackers around now. they send out mail with a link to everyone on your mailing list even going into your comp and grabbing email you havent even used for 4 years, everyone on your network. it's bad out there. the whole world of retail got hacked in 2013. be careful!

Go to: