bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Northern Tale 3

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 8, 14 12:29 AM
Northern Tale 3 continues the legend of brave King Ragnar and his family. Peace came to the lands of the Vikings. The cruel witch Gesta and her henchmen were defeated and no longer pose a threat, but there are rumors of a new evil on the rise. All four sorcerer-kings of the neighboring kingdoms have disappeared and their lands are plagued by a monstrous creature. An ancient Ether Dragon has cursed the kings and turned them into fierce elementals. In order to stop the evil from spreading, Ragnar will have to free them from the curse and defeat the Dragon himself!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:Northern Tale 3

[Post New]by ShazPG on Apr 8, 14 12:52 AM
Bought without trial. Downloading.

I didn't want to do any work for the next week, anyway!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Apr 8, 14 1:59 AM
ROFL, ShazPG.

I am with you on this one. It was a lovely surprise to see NT 3 popping up this morning, and even nicer to be able to put a PCC to use.

I can't wait to see what King Ragnar will do this time, but I DO know that 'my axe is razor sharp' and 'I'm already on the road'

Work and chores will have to be scheduled around this one...

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Apr 8, 14 3:02 AM
What I want to know is, do we need to play the other two first?

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Apr 8, 14 3:09 AM
Another one? Yay, What a great surprise. I love it.
LOL Tiger2010....your comment 'my axe is razor sharp' and 'I'm already on the road'
So true. Will buy immediately. Love this game.
Arrgh, too bad, will have to wait till I get off work, but after that 'm off to chop my way through this game

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 8, 14 6:16 AM
catbag8717 wrote:What I want to know is, do we need to play the other two first?

Not at all. It may help you understand how the game works and avoid a break-in period so to speak, but it's not necessary. It's a simple TM game.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Apr 8, 14 6:40 AM
Oh, goody! I'll be getting this one. It's got 3 play options: regular, a mode where you can chain tasks, and an untimed version for folks like me. The graphics are clear, and there are lots of achievements to work for.

dlk_shades
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dlk_shades on Apr 8, 14 7:34 AM
WOW !!!!!! Another Northern Tale !!!!! I love those vikings and all the weird things that have to do and destroy. One of my favorites after Royal Envoy (love that game series). I can't wait to get out and save this world, but other things have to come first - you mean I can't skip lunch ????? and I have to do laundry (who needs clean clothes anyway)?

As soon that I know it works on my PC off to buy it. Tho I may wait (HA HA) until next Monday - NO CHANCE.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Apr 8, 14 8:57 AM
There are a few developers that I buy their games direct from their site and then when the game comes to Big Fish I buy the game again so it is on my GM and I have the forums and the most excellent Customer Service at BF to help me if I have problems. This is one of those games!! So glad to see it here this morning and have just d/l and off to play it again. Thank you Developer for the RELAXED mode for those of us that can no longer click at the speed of light. This is a very entertaining game that I've already played through many times.

I highly recommend that you try it and purchase!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 8, 14 11:39 AM
Hi,

So happy with this game !!!

Enjoy it ,
M.

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Apr 8, 14 3:31 PM
I was DELIGHTED to find this on Bigfish this morning. This series is also one my all-time favorite games, right from the very first one which I played.....and played till I knew every detail. (I also HIGHLY agree about Adelentado) I had to go out today so played for a few minutes but hey, no brainer, it's mine now . I really need the distraction right now anyway.

Yes, it's familiar but that's one of the things I enjoy about it. I like knowing that while the story line is different, SOME things will be the same so it's not like breaking in a whole new game. I love the different modes for timing, the colors are always fantastic, and I really enjoy the animals. I never listen to sound effects or music, too distracting for me, so can't comment on those. I'd just like to add that I always play untimed (I like to take my time to plan my strategy, this ol' brain needs that extra time) but I can queue tasks with that mode as well.

Keep em' coming!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 30, 14 6:49 AM
lol....So many happy TM players!

I gotta admit....I love so many things with this series....I play relaxed, so I can watch what the animals and the villagers are up to....so I can click on random moles as they turn up.
I click every helmet and shield....it doesn't matter that the achievement for hamsters stops at three......but I have a secret longing that one day, we will have an achievement for "find ALL hamsters" I click every time I see Thor's Hammer as well.

lol....you would think with all the clicking one has to do in a TM that I wouldn't but...the more I fool around, the more fun I have.

Thank heavens for relaxed mode!

Oh, what really hooked me after I played the first time?
All the Vikings jumping up and down in celebration at the end of each level....
I cheer "Yay!" with them.

yes....I am a very silly Cheshire cat sort of person.

Go to: