A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 04/08/2014 at 8:45:18 AM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Northern Tale 3 here

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 8, 14 5:38 AM
Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I am not the best reviewer, but want to put my 2 cents in. I was ecstatic to see another TM/Strategy game on BF ! It is the typical good vs. evil, and the story line also is typical, "please help me rebuild my kingdom" etc, etc. Guess you can tell I am not much for all the storyline stuff or the music and noises, so those are always on mute for me, just a distraction on games, but there are those who like it. Glad to see timed and untimed options which allow those who don't like timers to play. I am so gung ho on timing, so hence, I love these games.
I like to be able to click ahead so I chose that option.
Very easy first few levels, then level 4 starts to ramp up, and takes the ole brain (strategy) to get gold. I tried to click on all the little gophers, which got me a message that said "all was found".
In the other Northern Tales, there usually was a place that sparkled and if you clicked on it, got credit somehow, (the ole brain doesn't seem to remember what, ,
So this will be a definite buy for me.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 8, 14 8:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Northern Tale 3 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Northern Tale 3.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 8, 14 9:44 AM
Another Irresistible Viking Adventure *****

BASED ON FULL DEMO

This and the Adelantado Trilogy are my all time favourite types of TM game. This game is much like the previous Northern Tales, so if you loved them as much as I did you are in for another Nordic treat. We still have our brave and sturdy Vikings, rushing against time to rescue the cursed kings of the neighbouring kingdoms.

There are few obvious signs of change. It looks and feels and sounds very similar. But there is no voiceover narrator – and of course there are new foes to overcome, new buildings, and some great new tricks. Like travelling by eagle (you’ll see).

Everything else you’d like is the same. Like:

*The 3 modes of play – normal, multi-click, no timer

I played normal for the first level, and was already in trouble, having run out of time. This is because, not only are you timed, but you cannot queue. In multi-click mode, I reached level 12, and was still operating in daylight. (One of the cool things about this game, even if you play timed, you can still continue after you run out of time). Multi-click allows you to queue up the tasks you set for your Vikings. Saves heaps of time and irritable waiting!

*45 levels, with 5 bonus levels which you can only play if you complete the main game.

*Top scores and Awards are kept in main menu.

*You can repeat any level you’ve tried before.

*The option to switch off the voices, the music, the sounds.

*Thor’s hammer, the “power ups”, and some of your favourite characters, like the druids, are all here as well.

I liked the way some sources of resources (*groan*) require you to spend time to collect them, while others must be picked up and your buildings can add to resources independently. And how you can exchange resources with the merchants. Keeping track of what you have and what is coming is a real challenge.

One thing made the early part of the game especially tricky, it occurs in the mountains and the snow did in fact make it harder. Don’t know whether I approve of it or not.

It is a fun little game, and worth scores of hours fun for a novice like me.

loniedoone
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Yep, Clownfish is right

[Post New]by loniedoone on Apr 8, 14 10:17 AM
Clownfish, you hit it right on the money. The Adelantado trilogy was great. Northern Tale 3 is wonderful also. I love these types of games. It is also up there with the Island Tribe 1-5 games. There is enough of a challenge to make you think, but not to frustrate you too much (although at the moment I am stuck with Level 5, but I will work it out hopefully with some help).

Keep these kind of games coming.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Apr 11, 14 2:46 PM
Some time back I purchased Northern Tale 2 and loved it so much I purchased Northern Tale. Northern Tale 3 does not disappoint in my book. My only gripes with the game was it was difficult to navigate (for me) on the map page. Also I found Northern Tale 3 a bit easier than the first two installments of the game but that might just be me since I am used to this type of game. The only level I had any problem getting 3 stars on was Bonus Level 2. With the other Northern Tales, I feel it was more of a challenge to get 3 stars.

Nevertheless, I greatly enjoyed the game and recommend it. For me, the entertainment value was worth the purchase price.

Wigi
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Wigi on Apr 13, 14 5:46 PM
I love this series of games but this one was a disappointment.

Far too easy and not enough of the quirky humour and variety that no. 2 had.

It's still one of the best TM games around, great graphics and good story,

But why oh why did they have to dumb it down so much?
And where were the mermaids, the daughters, the yetis, the dragons, ect?

I finished it straight through getting three stars on every level. There was no thinking involved and not one level where if you did it in the wrong order (or even better, one way looks the best but it turns out that you have to do some lateral thinking and work out how to do it differently) three stars were impossible.

Every level was packed with resources and far too much reliance on ladders and other ways just to slow you down.

3 stars from me.

Darkaddict25
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Darkaddict25 on Apr 17, 14 12:56 PM
Wigi wrote:I love this series of games but this one was a disappointment.

Far too easy and not enough of the quirky humour and variety that no. 2 had.

It's still one of the best TM games around, great graphics and good story,

But why oh why did they have to dumb it down so much?
And where were the mermaids, the daughters, the yetis, the dragons, ect?

I finished it straight through getting three stars on every level. There was no thinking involved and not one level where if you did it in the wrong order (or even better, one way looks the best but it turns out that you have to do some lateral thinking and work out how to do it differently) three stars were impossible.

Every level was packed with resources and far too much reliance on ladders and other ways just to slow you down.

I don't even know if were talking about the same Game. I know your entitled to your own Opinion. But this game has Ladders like the last one.

Darkaddict25
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Darkaddict25 on Apr 17, 14 1:07 PM
Sorry For Poor English.I am a very Slow Clicker but refuse to play on no Time or Multi Clickers Mode. It not satisfying Enough.

I am not the best at these types of games but play anyway. So I found Level 21 and up to be a challenge I did not find this game to be quite easy as others have said. But it ironic what some may think this game is easy perhaps there just too good at these types of games. So for people who don't play these games often find it hard. So I think it depends on who is playing the particular game.

I won't be able to say for sure this game is an easy game or hard one.
But that being said I did play the last two. For this one I found some
levels not too hard but some levels hard.

But I won't give a game a bad score because it hard or to easy. It has to be entertaining enough. Which this game is. But not every single game has
to be hard all the time. I like a challenge but not if I am pulling my hair out.
LOL. Who wants to be stuck on the same level for a couple of days. It
not Fun. It don't matter how tedious it gets I will get 3 stars did it for the
last two. It may take me more time to beat.

So this is a great game for great Series. It gets 5 stars and I recommend getting
this game.

netizen
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by netizen on Apr 20, 14 6:32 AM
Bought this game as soon as I saw it available! Thank goodness the devs have made enough changes to make it interesting, without taking away from the "feel". Unlike My Kingdom for the Princess 4, which I hate, as it lost that feel.

It was nice to see old friends return, too - like the ghosts, yetis, rainmaker and all, even though there were some new elements. Love this series.

Not sure that it's easy - I'm on level 31 and I've found the game challenging so far.

Great work devs.

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 6:33:00 AM PST

[Post New]by cflebvlasbgewr on Apr 23, 14 12:21 AM
i'm with those of you who have said this is too easy.

Way to easy. Seems the trend in recent sequels - all made easier - presumeably trying for a bigger market at the expense of a decent game.

Starting to wonder if we'll see a decent game ever again.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on May 3, 14 3:43 PM
I've finally finished all levels, including bonus levels, with 3 stars. Loved this sequel! I don't agree that it was way too easy - some levels were easy, some very difficult. Bonus level 4 had me replaying for about 6 times before I got 3 stars, while the 5th bonus level I got the first time.
I loved the flying between areas (new). This game was true to the others in the series, unlike My Kingdom for the Princess, which I bought without playing the demo because I loved the others so much - and was so disappointed it didn't follow the earlier games. So thank you developers for a great sequel that was different yet done in the same vein - LOVED IT!

Does anyone know the highest score possible on each level?

[Post New]by LosAngeHell on Jul 5, 14 6:09 AM
I love this game and want to find out the highest scores possible. Does anyone know the highest score possible on each level? Please post them. Thank you.

mapste
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mapste on Aug 8, 14 7:56 AM
I love the Northern Tale series, but so far (at level 20 + 2 bonuses) I find 3 to be too easy. I have yet to be threatened by "Quick!" The fact that I can just keep filling my resources up to 30, without having to strategize when I have to do something out of the linear course because I'm nearing 20 of something, or determine when to build a warehouse, loses an important level of difficulty. Love the eagles! Still lots of entertainment value.

Hometownk
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Hometownk on Nov 28, 14 1:47 PM
Maybe it's just me but I found Northern Tale 2 too difficult and still have a level with only two stars. This one was much more fun. I'm up to level 37, before asking for help. I love these games. And the little Vikings are adorable.

Go to: