Please post your TECH ISSUES for Northern Tale 3 here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 8, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/08/2014 at 8:44:31 AM PST

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Northern Tale 3 here

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Apr 8, 14 3:49 AM
This game cannot be played with a wide screen. Even when windowed mode is chosen in Options the objects on the bottom of the screen cannot be reached.

[Post New]by IlonaFerenc on Apr 8, 14 4:25 AM
On my PC the game crashes at the loading screen and stops responding. Won't load up at all

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 8, 14 4:53 AM
lindaa1 wrote:This game cannot be played with a wide screen. Even when windowed mode is chosen in Options the objects on the bottom of the screen cannot be reached.

I'm playing on a w/s monitor; the game does not display in true w/s, there are coloured panels down either side of the playing area but even so I've not experienced any difficulties with access to anything at the bottom of the screen. My resolution is set to 1920 x 1080.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Apr 8, 14 6:43 AM
angelfish106 wrote:
lindaa1 wrote:This game cannot be played with a wide screen. Even when windowed mode is chosen in Options the objects on the bottom of the screen cannot be reached.

I'm playing on a w/s monitor; the game does not display in true w/s, there are coloured panels down either side of the playing area but even so I've not experienced any difficulties with access to anything at the bottom of the screen. My resolution is set to 1920 x 1080.

My resolution is 1920 x 1080 also. On level two I can't pick up the food that is blocking the workshop.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 8, 14 8:44 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread up and running pondprowler!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

haolegirll
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Won't keep score beyond level 23

[Post New]by haolegirll on Apr 8, 14 5:34 PM
Hello:

I'm enjoying this game as much as I did the first two, but there seems to be a glitch in it: the game won't keep score or advance automatically beyond level 23. I can play other levels but the game doesn't think that I have done so. Assist, please? Thanks

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Bee921 on Apr 9, 14 11:29 AM
The game played perfectly for me so far. Including wide sceen. I use Windows 8.

Edited on 04/09/2014 at 5:26:30 PM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 9, 14 10:07 PM
on level 40 i can't rescue the dwellers or repair the 3 huts. i have the brother of fire and the druid tent but i click to rescue and repair and nothing happens. i even try to talk to brother of fire but nothing. i can't finish this level and go on.

eta i had to uninstall and reinstall to get to talk to the brother of fire so i could finish level.

Edited on 04/09/2014 at 10:36:42 PM PST

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on Apr 10, 14 7:52 PM

There is a display setting that needs to be set to display ratio: full screen. Usually the default is: Maintain aspect ratio. That's why it won't change.

Depending on your system, it can be tricky to find. It was quite easy on to find on my Dell, but had to do some digging to find it on the Toshiba.

If you're having trouble finding it, just let me know and I can try to help you find the right setting. If you pm me, I'll probably see it faster. I'm not a tech guru; but can usually get around some of the more advanced settings.

Happy gaming!

Level 20 -- unfixable bridge

[Post New]by Da_Wordmama on Apr 10, 14 8:19 PM
Level 20 includes one bridge (in the center of the screen) that is necessary to finish the level, but it doesn't have a hotspot that would allow me to fix it. Anyone else having this problem?

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Apr 11, 14 8:47 AM
If you mean the bridge that leads down (south), then that is a mechanical bridge that needs the Mechanic to fix.
If you look above the bridge, directly to the right of the camp, you'll see a sort of broken turnstile.
(a wolf stands in front of it when you start the level).

First fix the Mechanic's hut in the lower right - it has a symbol of a gear on the front, then send him to operate the turnstile. The bridge will lower for a time, and you need to be efficient when working on that island, as the bridge will raise again.
It also costs food and gold to operate it.

[Post New]by Da_Wordmama on Apr 11, 14 5:17 PM
BlueStarFish wrote:If you mean the bridge that leads down (south), then that is a mechanical bridge that needs the Mechanic to fix.
If you look above the bridge, directly to the right of the camp, you'll see a sort of broken turnstile.
(a wolf stands in front of it when you start the level).

First fix the Mechanic's hut in the lower right - it has a symbol of a gear on the front, then send him to operate the turnstile. The bridge will lower for a time, and you need to be efficient when working on that island, as the bridge will raise again.
It also costs food and gold to operate it.

Perfect! Thanks.

ShirleyB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ShirleyB on Apr 13, 14 4:50 PM
amj0963 wrote:on level 40 i can't rescue the dwellers or repair the 3 huts. i have the brother of fire and the druid tent but i click to rescue and repair and nothing happens. i even try to talk to brother of fire but nothing. i can't finish this level and go on.

eta i had to uninstall and reinstall to get to talk to the brother of fire so i could finish level.

I also am having problems with level 40. I've completed one of the tasks (get rid of wolves), but cannot activate the brother of fire to complete the other tasks.

I will try uninstall and reinstall to see if that will work.

Edit: The uninstall and reinstall worked. I was able to complete level 40.

Edited on 04/13/2014 at 7:37:58 PM PST

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Apr 13, 14 5:10 PM
After you play a level, the music stops when you go back to the map, sometimes it won't come back at all unless you exit the game and then relaunch it.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Apr 14, 14 2:53 PM
You all are lucky. My game plays so slow, and I have windows 8. My grandson cleared everything and checked speed. Seems like i wasted money on this game. All others of game 1 and 2 play just fine.

[Post New]by docdutton on Apr 14, 14 4:32 PM
Level 40. Can't get Brother of Fire to rescue the dwellers or work with the huts. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same problem.

HemiGamer
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by HemiGamer on Apr 15, 14 2:53 PM
I posted this on the regular section of the Forum, but I thought I'd try here in case it's a technical issue. On Bonus Level 6 all I get is a black screen. Someone else posted the same issue. Just wondering if it's supposed to do that.

[Post New]by hotelmom on Apr 18, 14 12:16 PM
I am also getting a black screen on bonus level 6. I played through the entire game fine, but this level doesn't load.

[Post New]by neeblio on May 1, 14 12:27 PM
amj0963 wrote:on level 40 i can't rescue the dwellers or repair the 3 huts. i have the brother of fire and the druid tent but i click to rescue and repair and nothing happens. i even try to talk to brother of fire but nothing. i can't finish this level and go on.

I am also having the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled and created a new profile. Can't get past level 40.

Go to: