Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Unshakeable Stronghold

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 8, 14 7:25 AM
I just did a search of this forum and only found reference to the stronghold in one thread, so forgive me if I missed this question in another area.

I am nearing the end of making my first bow figurine. I need two Unshakeable Strongholds to finish it.

I just got a Symbol of Holy Fire from the chained chest. I thought that the 'find' path was fixed. I don't see where I would need the Holy Fire.

Any bow figurine pros know what I'm missing?

PS- I'll be gone most of the day but I'll check in later this afternoon. Thanks!!

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Unshakeable Stronghold

[Post New]by basmith12 on Apr 8, 14 8:23 AM
absolutely not a pro on bow figurine but to the issue with the stronghold, I experienced the exact same thing. I think I am in my fourth one at this time but at the beginning of pete's quests I could not achieve the stronghold and few of the holy fires. I have a second game but do not like gifting myself, I consider it cheating (just my quirkiness) but I gave in and got a couple strongholds and gifted to myself. After I crafted the first one, seems the other holy fires and strongholds came pretty regular but no extras. At least in my games, you will be able to use the holy fires later for the remaining quests. If I had a stronghold, would send to you but as it happens, I have been playing for two days in two games trying for this item. I am ashamed of my gift lists, all I seem to need is grasping handles and wreaths! Good luck, sorry could not help more. Maybe someone will have an answer for us to help with the frustration. Happy gaming

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 8, 14 9:17 AM
I keep getting these and not the holy fire thingee. Am not gifting at the moment as the Friend's tab loses connection, and nothing is updating on it. If this is ever fixed, I will share my stock of the Strongholds.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Apr 8, 14 9:22 AM
Amerzone...I had the exact opposite happen to me when I first started on the Bow...every time I was trying to get the Symbol of holy Fire I would get the Unshakable Stronghold, I would recommend if you have(or can get) everything to craft the Amulet of Challenge go ahead and craft one...leave it sitting in your inventory and then try to open the Chained Chest to get the Stonghold.

After trial and error I also found that once I had the crafted item in inventory I would get different items(when I did my 1st Bow I would use the crafted item as soon as I got it)...Later I would always try to get a Fine Buckle, Bouquet of Fear and Dust, and Amulet of Challenge all crafted at least once before I even started opening anything for the Six Paw or Bow...once you open one of the 'chest' areas you will see what item you are getting and what the "find path" is telling you to craft. If you are getting Unshakable Strongholds you need to craft the Fine Buckle...if you are getting Symbol of Holy Fires you need to craft the Amulet of Challenge. Just as a note and for example: once you open the Cauldron if you get a Golem's Heart you need to work on the Pang of Conscience if you get the Bloody Hex you need to work on the Soul Selector and not to be disappointed if you dont get the one you think you need...it all seemed to come out in the end. But I did have more success by having all the items crafted to open the Cauldron, Rune, and Bag all finished prior to opening them.

I hope this helps a little...
Bedazzle
PS you can also get a Unshakable Stronghold for only 5 diamonds which is a bargain!!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 8, 14 10:12 AM
To do one Bow Figurine you need 6 Unshakable Strongholds and 5 Symbols of Holy Fire in total. Unless you have printed the list and crossed things off as you progress there is no way to tell what else you have to do in the quest. Have you been following the list in the topic "Items needed for the Bow Figurine - you won't believe it"?

Edited on 04/08/2014 at 10:13:39 AM PST

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Apr 8, 14 12:37 PM
stalk up on those blue tickets. Trust me you will need them. I can't advance because I have no tickets.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 8, 14 1:25 PM
Thank you everyone for answering!! I truly appreciate the advise and help.

Bedazzle, ...I wasted 3 diamonds to buy one grasping handle..duh. Could have had the stronghold for 2 more diamonds.

As suggested, I 'm going to print out the list of needed items and cross off as I go. I'll also try gaining the items needed before crafting, then have the crafted items ready to go.

I'd been having no issues until this point in the game. I did read the thread 'Bow figurine you won't believe it'. My eyes were crossed by the time I was done reading, lol.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 8, 14 1:46 PM
My eyes were crossed by the time I was finished writing it too!

I started writing it a couple of times and quit because it was so massive. Finally I went back to it hoping that it would help some players not be so confused. We are lead so many places in this one quest that I wanted players to see that it was ok to be lost but that eventually they would find a way through it.

Go to: