9.4 HELP

[Post New]by yokutwoman on Apr 8, 14 9:46 PM
Anyone have any tips for this level??
I know that there is a walk through on YouTube and i have watched it several times but i still am having no luck with this level.
It might be a bit easier, not much, if it didn't take so many time to get rid of a certain color each time.
How in the heck did anyone get out of this level.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:9.4 HELP

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 9, 14 8:06 PM
This was one of the last really tricky levels for me to figure out. There's a ton of gray blockers and the colored blockers are super reinforced where they take 5 match fives each to clear. In the very beginning I M5 the colored blockers higher up by rotating tiles in ring 6, which gives you a couple of small bursts. Drop one of the small bursts into the gap in ring 3 on the left side, where there are a pair of gray blockers (one is in between the four lower blue blockers and the other is underneath a set of purple blockers higher up). This opens up ring 3 so you can slide colored tiles in between all the lower colored blockers for M5s or M3s of the ones that are just pairs. However, the small burst also creates another gap in ring 2, which you need to plug up first (I typically put a red tile there since the reds don't match any of the blockers).

Then keep rotating tiles in ring 3 or 6 as the right colors come up from the free columns to make M5s on the blockers that are arranged in sets of 4 until they're all gone. Don't use the small bursts just yet and ignore the change bursts. Use the column bursts on the columns that are full of gray blockers to open up some more columns. While you're working on the 4-set blockers and blasting out the grays, try to also make M3s on the blockers that are just pairs. You'll need to use the gaps to shift tiles around as necessary. It takes a LOT of M3s to clear the paired orange and paired blue blockers and the orange is usually harder to get rid of, so if the bursts are piling up too much, use a small burst or two on the paired oranges or blues to help you out.

Eventually the bursts will start rising to ring 6. I believe the YouTube video shows using a ring burst on ring 7 after small bursting out some gaps in ring 7, but I use small bursts on all the grays in ring 7 and drop the ring burst to ring 5 with the gaps. Then I set up a M3 in a free column with the ring burst in ring 5 and the M3 above it, so that the ring burst will get pushed all the way out to ring 8 and explode the ring burst in ring 8 to get rid of all the top blockers.

Once all the top blockers are gone, start making M5s lower down, so the bursts will land on top of the gray blockers in rings 1 and 2. If the bursts are created somewhere else, use the gaps and clear tiles as needed to drop bursts on top of the grays and clear the rest of the blockers. It takes about 10-11 minutes total to finish this level. Hope that helps!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:9.4 HELP

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 12, 14 5:15 PM
Oops, forgot to add in the first paragraph of my last post: After you drop the small burst into the ring 3 gap, you have to explode it to get rid of the grays on either side of it and also create that new gap in ring 2 I was mentioning earlier. Then you can plug up the ring 2 gap and start spinning rings 3 and 6 to clear out the 4-stacks of colored blockers.

Go to: