bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 9, 14 12:29 AM
Long ago, Solitaire Kingdom was cursed by an ancient, evil spell! To lift the curse once and for all and return the kingdom to its former glory, you must embark on a great quest and defeat the dragons! Gather companions, trade coins for goods at the blacksmith’s workshop, and claim rightful victory against these ferocious beasts!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 9, 14 7:48 AM
'ello Flounder...

This is a super game. Suuuuuper game.

I am a huge Solitaire fan, especially when it's of the "one higher or one lower" type, and this is such a game.

I made a full review on my forum, but just wanted to say that anyone who loves this type of solitaire game should give it a go. This one is a keeper.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 9, 14 8:56 AM
I agree, Valdy - it's a really fun game. It's from the same developers who brought us Legends of Solitaire: The Lost Cards; if you liked that game, you will like this one, too. I recommend it.

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by vannojo on Apr 10, 14 11:45 AM
This game is good, but my favorite remains Sevan Seas Solitaire.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 10, 14 10:45 PM
"Seven Seas Solitaire" starts out really great, but later on in the game, there is nothing more to do where the canons are fighting is concered.

What I would have liked to see in this game "Legends of Solitaire", is more stuff from the store.

Also, not keen on the "wonderful" every few seconds, and although the requirements are getting a little more difficult later on in the game, they start out pretty easy - too easy for me: get 1 perfect, get a 6-combo. By the time the 6-combo requirement came up, I already had combos of more than 15.

I know there are 3 difficulty levels, but there isn't all that much difference. There should be one for the beginners, and one for the advanced, which means I start out right away with getting 3 perfect and not just 1, and a combo of 10 or more and earlier into the game as well. It's too easy for me.

However, I still really like this game, but hope that, if there will be another one in the series, it will be made so that those of us who are old hands at this game can enjoy a bit more of a challenge.

ETA: BTW, at what point do we get more helpers added? I am now on level 12 and still only have the one person to help me.

Edited on 04/11/2014 at 6:08:25 AM PST

[Post New]by nikshijay on Apr 11, 14 7:27 PM
I have the same question as some others did. When and where do we get the other super heroes? I am up to level 13 and only have one hero.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 12, 14 7:49 PM
I got a new companion added when I reached level 14.

ETA: On level 17 I got my third companion.

To be honest, I am not very happy with the cards that lie sideways. Makes me feel a little dizzy. Not dizzy exactly, but like someone who has vertigo. I prefer all the cards to be just upright.

Edited on 04/13/2014 at 12:42:56 AM PST

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Apr 12, 14 11:01 PM
I really like this game. However, I must have missed it in the tutorial, what is the pickaxe for? I feel dumb for asking but I really don't know.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 12, 14 11:34 PM
Ataloss... (love the name) When the card shows a pickaxe, you can use it on any of the cards on the table to get rid of.

Ash815
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Ash815 on Apr 13, 14 7:03 AM
I get achievement, but I can't find them anywhere in the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 13, 14 7:39 AM
It takes a while to see the achievements. Click on "Play", and then when the cards are on the table, click on "Menu", which will pause the game and give you tabs for:

Resume
Achievements
Options
Story Quit

Ash815
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Ash815 on Apr 13, 14 8:21 AM
Thanks, I see them.

[Post New]by Happishai1 on Apr 14, 14 4:46 AM
Great Game but how do you get through the last level? I can't seem to get my gold coins up to 2800, is there a method to this? Thanks!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 14, 14 5:26 AM
The best way to do that is to do long chains. Use your jokers, and buy more jokers while in the game. A few times I made a chain of almost all the cards on the table by doing it this way. Earns you a lot of money. And don't forget you still have your companions - at least 3 of them will be able to help you.

--- --- ---

I am on level 25 now and am a tad disappointed that all that is raised each level is the amount of money I need to have collected. Same amount of perfects, same amount of stars. A bit of a yawn...

--- --- ---

ETA: I just did level 28, and without even trying I got 3700 coins - far more than I needed for that level. It's really easy to get the money together.

Edited on 04/14/2014 at 11:25:35 PM PST

missnurse
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by missnurse on May 25, 14 6:15 AM
I have been stuck on level21 for days and I can't figure out what I'am doing wrong. I have never done this kind of solitary before but have enjoyed it up to here. but I'am getting frustrated

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jun 25, 14 7:42 AM
I love this game! The graphics are good. I really liked the story. What makes this game so enjoyable is the great music and best of all, the narrator (I think Matthew Pablo or Mark Alan Morris).These elements made the flow of solitaire sooo smooth. The challenge of a game is nice, but I'm one that plays for the relaxation and enjoyment.
I would like to say "THANKS!" to Revilles for that! I hope you have a part III of Legends with the same narrator!

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Oct 13, 14 9:54 AM
I went through this game the first time and no problem, was fun for a few days, played it again and not it wont go past the red Dragon, it was finished and told me it was unlocked then the same story started over at the red dragon level.

Go to: