Please post your TECH ISSUES for Violett here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 9, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/09/2014 at 8:34:32 AM PST

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Violett here

[Post New]by beckx020 on Apr 9, 14 8:12 AM
Downloaded, installed and got trial expired. So, I can't try it.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 9, 14 8:34 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Apr 9, 14 12:04 PM
I've tried to install this game, and on three occasions the installation gets part way through then says it can't connect to Big Fish. I'm then directed to a link to re-install Game Manager, which I've done, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Any ideas?

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 9, 14 3:40 PM
The game downloaded fine, but I got an access error/violation message when I tried to play. Does BF know what causes this?

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 9, 14 5:00 PM
dollyflower, an Access Violation is a non-specific error that may be cause for a number of reasons. I have a great help article below that may help troubleshoot that.

Access Violation

If that doesn't help, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can look into that for you.

bfgWendwater

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 10, 14 3:06 PM
Thanks for your help, bfgWendwater. I'm going to try again.

[Post New]by JandLee on Apr 12, 14 6:36 AM
Played the game for a while but then it froze. Quit and went back in but she's just walking on the spot (top of blocks before climbing ladder in caterpillar room) tried changing slots but no joy. Started again in the 3rd slot but now this one won't load and won't start a new game just keeps going to the load game page. I've deleted and reinstalled but no change, obviously doesn't delete the saved games when I remove it. Love the game as far as I've played it so would really like this to work. Playing on pc with windows 7

Edited on 04/12/2014 at 6:37:50 AM PST

[Post New]by oMelody on Apr 12, 14 3:38 PM
THE TEA ROOM:

I think this game is Lovely, and was so excited to buy it, because while I love hidden object games with the twist that there are challenges or brain teasers,,,THIS game looked visually stunning so I bought it.

I understand how to do most things to get Violett off to her next atsk, however, in THE TEA ROOM: I have the block that stands up between the bottle that must fall, and the strange (yet cool) "Venus Fly Trap Collander vise clap thingy".
And THEN, I kNOW what I am supposed to do: I am "supposed to use the spoon, to swing the bottle down, to have the "Venus Fly Trap thingy" GRAB the bottle and hold it.
*******I HAVE FAST HANDS, but as soon as the bottle swings down, I click (as fast as I can) the vise grip thing to hold the bottle.....yet I am NEVER fast enough....and I have tried this level like 40 + times.

************I REALLY HATE the thought of Begging BFG for my money back...when THIS GAME is a Game I REALLY want to play....but how much fun IS it, I Ask You, the people who play like I do......to try try try try try...just to get one action completed????????
and I love gaming...in fact I almost wish I had asked different companies to let me try their games/give reviews/ as a stay at home job.
But this Game really makes me sad, because I love the different games that come out, you know....the ones that look far from the usual. I HOPE someone has some ideas for me, because I have read almost all of them.

60+ games I own from Bigfish in 4 years, and I have only returned 1........someone please give me an idea on how to pass this level, because I REALLY DON'T want to return THIS game
~oMelody@att.net

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 14, 14 10:46 PM
oMelody,
I am very mouse-challenged. When I play hidden object games, getting the mouse to click correctly on the object is much harder than finding the object. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I had less trouble tipping over the pot than the You Tube video walkthrough. If you get the thing in the correct position, you don't have to be that fast. It can even be done without pulling up the green brick, although the green brick helps you see when you have it right. Don't swing your mouse all the way to the top and bottom of the screen, just try to realistically move the spoon.

I noticed a lot of people had trouble getting out of the bathroom. I had the same problem. I restarted the game, went to the library instead, and couldn't get the candy behind the Rubik's cube. That's when I realized that I was missing part of the picture on the left side. I contacted Customer Support and they suggested lowering the resolution you have to select when you enter the game. I dropped it down to 800 x 600 and I got all the picture. If you have a black bar to the right, you are probably missing stuff to the left.

Now I have the problem that I see stuff going into my inventory bag, but when I click on the bag the items aren't there. I tried scrolling to the right, but there is nothing there to scroll to. I'm hoping I can resolve the technical issues because this looks like a really good game. I fear that Customer Support has given up on this game, however, because they already sent me a coupon for a free game to replace it.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 15, 14 5:35 AM
I solved my inventory problem. If there is a mouse gesture that scrolls the inventory, I haven't been able to discover it. However, if I take something out of inventory that I do NOT need, the item in inventory that I DO need will appear. Then I can just let go of the former and grab the latter.

fnlalesi
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fnlalesi on Apr 20, 14 9:39 AM
JandLee wrote:Played the game for a while but then it froze. Quit and went back in but she's just walking on the spot (top of blocks before climbing ladder in caterpillar room) tried changing slots but no joy. Started again in the 3rd slot but now this one won't load and won't start a new game just keeps going to the load game page. I've deleted and reinstalled but no change, obviously doesn't delete the saved games when I remove it. Love the game as far as I've played it so would really like this to work. Playing on pc with windows 7

I'm stuck in the exact same place. Uninstalled then reinstalled with no change. I'm reluctant to go through the whole 'report a problem' since unless it's a widely reported problem, they won't do anything other than issue a credit and I really wanted to finish this one

Go to: