Edited on 04/09/2014 at 8:35:56 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 9, 14 8:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Apr 11, 14 10:52 AM
This game may SEEM like an easy card game....until Chapter 20. You can only play the cards the game gives you and at this chapter, they gave you all the "unable to match with anything" cards. After 1 hour of repeating this chapter (because you cannot proceed unless you meet their goals), I FINALLY WON! The only down side to this game is that as every chapter has 10 levels, if you know you aren't going to be able to get all the goals achieved, you still have to play the whole chapter and THEN start all over again. Would be nice to just hit restart. It is a good game though and you will definitely have to pay attention and think and use a bit of strategy to win. Don't know how long it is but I am on chapter 22 now. Worth the $$.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 13, 14 7:12 PM
I found that, so far, the levels after 20 were easier than some of those that came before level 20. I am on level 24 and so far have always been able to get to the next stage without having to repeat one.

What you have to do is make sure you have enough jokers - you can always buy more while playing the game - and then use them to make long chains, for the extra money.
You can also use one of the companions to add the best card from the hand to your deck so that you can continue after that.

--- --- ---

I like this game on the whole, but there could be some improvements: more choices of things to buy in the store, and not adding cards sideways - makes me dizzy - are just 2 of the things I can think of right now.

[Post New]by nickgma on Apr 27, 14 2:42 PM

Re lease post your REVIEWS for Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons here
by nickgma

I agree with casey mom. However, i realized that even when you have to restart a level you do keep the gold from the failed level. Most Solitaire games have more losing hands than winning hands anyway, so I will keep trying to get enough gold to buy lots of jokers. It would be nice though if, when you replay a level, you were getting new hands instead of the same hands over & over. Still, it is a fun game for anyone who enjoys Solitaire.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 13, 14 8:10 PM
I think I'm enjoying this game, however I have to admit, I'm not always 100% sure what the heck is going on.
I don't understand why I cant get back to the map area when I want to.
I don't understand why a particular (set??) that i'm on keeps repeating and/or doesn't
I don't understand which areas of the map are done or not done (there are different colors - green and something else, I believe?) and how to tell where exactly you should be, have been, etc...??

All in all, I guess I like the game but there's no doubt in my mind that I've never, ever, ever been quite so lost in any kind of card game before.

Can anyone explain all that? I see there aren't that many instructions in the game at all.
As for the other parts of the game such as the power ups, earning gold, spending it in the store... Its somewhat transparent, I guess? I'm not entirely positive I'm doing everything as well as I would if there had been clear instructions.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jun 19, 14 1:04 PM
agree ,, it is confusing and very little instructions, however I am enjoying the game and am at level 19 and seem to have loads of money !!!
Cannot find how to buy more jokers in the store...
do I spend money? or do I hang on to it ? will it be need later in the game?
or should I buy all the power ups I can...
oh well I will just carry on, as this is a great and addictive game !!

Rhowennah
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Rhowennah on Jun 23, 14 2:10 AM
I just finished the game and have to say WOW to the devs...What a story... I thought at first it was going to be a happy game and you just went around and cleared the levels... but at the story went on, I saw it was not for kids at all and that there was a dark side to the story... but it kept me wanting to know more of the tale so I kept playing... At times, yes, the levels are easy and some are hard, but that is the nature of a game like this... I had to replay 2 levels because I did not make enough money or perfects to continue... but that was okay.. added to the thrill of getting it the next time... I am looking forward to playing this game many times ... Thank you for a job well done... Hope to see more like this ...

Nice story, music, fun game -- in "Normal" mode

[Post New]by joeilvirago on Jul 8, 14 5:28 PM
I finished the game on 'Normal' difficulty, and tried playing it again. Once I figured out the nuances of its strategy, 'Normal' was far too easy. Tried 'Hard.' Good grief! It is the exact same challenges only with very severe limitations on the player (like King-Ace being dead ends - that is the worst!). I got to the 20th level working extremely carefully right from the start -- no mistakes, no extra expenditures... but I am not sure the 20th is even possible on 'hard' setting -- and of course the game goes up to the 40th level. I've given up on it now, but it was fun while it was 'fun.'

Hint (Not a spoiler, should be in the game description, but isn't): The last card in a pile is worth 10 extra gold. It took me quite a while to figure out how cards were being scored, but when I discovered that, it made collecting gold easier. I believe cards in a combo (after 5) are also worth more points, but I didn't notice how much.

Edited on 07/08/2014 at 5:29:43 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 22, 14 3:25 PM
My solitaire-playing skills are limited to Klondike and Clock with a regular deck of cards - the kind you buy in a pack and shuffle all by yourself.

So I decided to check out online solitaire games and this is the first I have run across except for the bonus content in Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate (and thank you for that because it did give me a much needed break in a very long and difficult game).

I've just started with Legends of Solitaire and I really like it. I know I'm at the very, very easy part but it's just plain fun which is why I play solitaire in the first place. I know there are strategies far more complex than the simple suit-matching and deciding if I should go up or down that I am using now and I am looking forward to learning them.

It seems like a great game. I've read the reviews here and I want to thank you for posting because you've given me an idea of what I have to look forward to.

I hope there are other games like this one because I think I can really get into this genre. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happy playing, fishies!!

Edited on 08/22/2014 at 3:27:02 PM PST

nanadaisy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by nanadaisy on Sep 30, 14 11:05 AM
Brilliant game. I have finished it at last. I had to repeat some of the levels 3 times, but I made it in the end. Love this game, the story and graphics were brilliant. Great game, and well worth the money.

Go to: