Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

If The Game Developers Can See This....

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 9, 14 6:17 PM
I am going to be honest - I have not tried this game yet. I am very, very interested in it, it looks Right up my alley! but there's no way that I'm going to play this since everyone is saying that there are no instructions.

There's a difference between challenging & aggravating. Cant you guys add a patch or something, do an update & change around what everyone is complaining about? Didn't this game get run in beta!?

I play games to have fun, not to be annoyed or stressed out. I can tell that this would cause me ot want to throw my laptop and/or cat across the room & neither would appreciate that.

Anyone ever known a game to be released & then heavily edited or whatever? Think its possible that they can do an update with some guidance or tutorial level or whatever? Seems like Violett makes no sense.

vernete
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:If The Game Developers Can See This....

[Post New]by vernete on Apr 10, 14 9:07 PM
i'm not a dev...but a compromise that i do is run the game in window mode, then switch back nd forth to walk through's i've found online. without that, i wouldn't be able to play at all...hope this helps.

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Apr 15, 14 2:16 PM
how do u run a game in window mode?

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Apr 19, 14 9:10 PM
This game gives you the option when you're starting it to run it in windowed mode. Just click the checkbox.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on May 8, 14 6:49 PM
The people who are asking for instructions are people who don't want to play THIS game. This game is designed as it is for a purpose. The whole game is a puzzle. People who don't like that style of game don't have to play it. Those of us who enjoy this style of game like it just as it is. Let us have our few little games, there are HOPAs galore out there with instructions out the yin yang if that's what you're looking for.

[Post New]by thiablue on May 19, 14 9:49 AM
Is it humanly possible to have at least English subtitles? I made the huge mistake of purchasing this game. The walkthroughs I have found so far are NOT in English. Plus the non-English walkthroughs don't match up with this game--there are changes that we didn't get with the BigFish version.

The game is not in English. I've played other non-English games and they at least had English subtitles.

Not looking for hidden object games, the world is full to capacity with mundane hidden object games. They are all the same. Puzzles should have at least tiny clues, in a language one can read or understand.

All this game proved to be is a source of frustration. Wish I could get my money back! I'm seriously considering discontinuing my membership if they don't put something out besides flipping hidden object games soon. There are other game sites that put out a variety.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Jun 3, 14 8:33 AM
The reason there aren't english subtitles is because there is no language anywhere in the game (except on the menu screens). Any spoken or written words you see are just gibberish, they can't be translated to english. It's just like Tiny Bang Story, Machinarium or Coloropus. Adding words and explanations would change the whole game. Part of the puzzle is figuring out what to do.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Jun 10, 14 1:00 PM
I agree, it's all about learning to think a little laterally. Take your time, sit back and enjoy the quirky graphics, and try everything!

Go to: