Please post your TECH ISSUES for Surface: Reel Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 10, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/10/2014 at 8:26:59 AM PST

froggie10
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Surface: Reel Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by froggie10 on Apr 10, 14 1:20 AM
Plays in very slow motion

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by gnewburn on Apr 10, 14 3:13 AM
games freezes when I get inside the studio & play the memory tape

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Apr 10, 14 6:22 AM
It plays fine for me. Are you sure your computer meets the requirements?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 10, 14 8:26 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Apr 10, 14 8:47 AM
For me it plays fine too. What could help is, to switch off the special effects in options.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 10, 14 10:16 AM
I don't think the slowness is a tech problem I think it's just the GAME! I timed some of the cut scenes, like when it zoomed in on a poster and it took 15 seconds on EACH zoom of 3 different pics on ONE poster! I didn't want to skip and miss something important, but I seriously don't think that will be an issue. EVERYTHING in this game is in slow motion. Turning a key, then using the doorknob, then opening the door, than walking through! Sheesh!!

I'm guessing since someone mentioned how short this game was, they did it to draaaaaaw out the play time. If I wanted to watch something this SLOW I'd go out watch the grass grow!

Why should we have to switch off the special effects to make a Collectors Edition run better?

Oh, before someone jumps to the "there must be something wrong with your computer bandwagon" .....there isn't!!!

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Apr 10, 14 11:27 AM
This thing has more bugs than a house full of termites.

Notwithstanding the slow mo part, you can't access the SG from within the HO scenes, and you can end up in screen down scene of some occasions if you try to access it. There is also a prob trying to exit a HO scene if you need to go find an inventory item you don't already have that needs to be used in the scene.

I almost forgot to mention the irritating black bar at the top that says "I'd better rethink this" every time you try to do something. Plus, it even superimposes on the subtitles.

It definitely needs defrosting so you don't need to "X" it out and restart the game. The mess just goes on and on. I'm sure wouldn't suggest spending CE money to buy it unless the developer can exterminate it first.

And, it isn't my computer either because it's as clean as a whistle.

Edited on 04/10/2014 at 1:53:26 PM PST

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Apr 10, 14 4:51 PM
REELLY too bad ... i've had this FREEZING GAME problem before ... i am running parallels with my IMAC ... and windows 7 home ... the game keeps freezing whenever i put the FUSE in the TV ... hmmm ... have checked all my display issues ... i'm going to go with the MORE BUGS THAN A HOUSE FULL OF TERMITES ... hopefully the EXTERMINATORS will arrive and i get a TECH update for the game ... o well ... once in a while you get a good game that's just a LEMON ... hmmmm

dwigs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by dwigs on Apr 10, 14 6:48 PM
I have to agree. Bugs within first 15 minutes. Watched the scene where the fuse fell out of the TV and it said to fix it. Already had the VHS. Put it in and watched the VHS video tape. Then found the fuse for the television. Put it in and was watching FROZEN...Oops

[Post New]by mavisfearn1 on Apr 11, 14 12:46 AM
im having the same problem with the tv i wached the video put the fuse in and the game then freezes could you look into this please

[Post New]by stormyrenee on Apr 11, 14 10:47 AM
I have a gaming laptop with the best graphics and can handle a lot. This game still had lag in it. Visually and with the Audio.
It's the same problem as I've seen listed already : actions are in slow motion. You hear the audio of the action before visually doing it. I even turned off Special Effects and Special Cursor, still going on.
I don't want to buy it and this still be an issue.

Can this be fixed?

WIndows 8

Edited on 04/11/2014 at 10:49:04 AM PST

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Apr 11, 14 10:55 AM
To those who are experiencing freezing when inserting fuse - I too had the same problem. I needed to ctl alt delete, task manager to exit. I went back in game under new name (I hate to do it, but sometimes its necessary). Anyway I waited until AFTER I found fuse and video tape - then went back and inserted fuse, then video and was able to continue with the game. Hope this works for everyone that's frozen at same place. Good luck all!

RustyGig
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by RustyGig on Apr 11, 14 12:42 PM
I was having trouble with the freezing with the fuse on the T-V, as well. I hit C+ALT+DEL twice and the third time it worked. Did you notice that the T-V worked without the fuse when it froze. If it's right, the T-V doesn't work until you put in the new fuse. That fixed the freeze. Hope this helps!!!!

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Apr 12, 14 8:13 AM
MissAbby wrote: I don't think the slowness is a tech problem I think it's just the GAME! I timed some of the cut scenes, like when it zoomed in on a poster and it took 15 seconds on EACH zoom of 3 different pics on ONE poster! I didn't want to skip and miss something important, but I seriously don't think that will be an issue. EVERYTHING in this game is in slow motion. Turning a key, then using the doorknob, then opening the door, than walking through! Sheesh!!

I'm guessing since someone mentioned how short this game was, they did it to draaaaaaw out the play time. If I wanted to watch something this SLOW I'd go out watch the grass grow!

Why should we have to switch off the special effects to make a Collectors Edition run better?

Oh, before someone jumps to the "there must be something wrong with your computer bandwagon" .....there isn't!!!

I became so frustrated with the extreme slowness in response to the mouse taking any action whatsoever that I decided...sale or not...I am not going to buy this game unless the developer fixes it. This is not the first time the "slowness factor" has spoiled a game for many players. And no, I do not have troubles with other developers with this particular glitch.

Please get it together or we will not buy your games!

Honey633
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Honey633 on Apr 12, 14 9:49 AM
SO DO WE GET A REFUND????? I HAVETRIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING WORKS!! I AM ANGRY!!!!

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Apr 14, 14 7:28 AM
I've had the demo quit several times during HO scenes. The first time I finally got through the scene after 3 attempts. It happened again, at the beginning of Ch.3. So far it has quit every time I try the HO. I've tried to pick object in different order but that made no difference. I'm playing on a Mac.

[Post New]by flashopper on Apr 14, 14 8:29 AM
I can not uninstall the trial version of the game. I have tried everything, control panel, restarts 4X, task manager, etc. it is not my computer. I keep getting either a Error Code 346 or my control panel says the game is still running. My task manager shows it is not running. Also how can it be running if the trial version is expired? After reading all the other problems with the game I just want it off my computer. Any ideas?

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Apr 14, 14 12:11 PM
I too am having a problem with very very slow graphics display and moving from scene to scene, just everything basically is in slo-mo. Very frustrating to play like this! Running XP but I understand even those with newer operating systems are having the same problems.

momoftoad
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Solution for Slow graphic issues!

[Post New]by momoftoad on Apr 15, 14 8:41 PM
Adobe has issues an update for flash player! I did the install and rebooted and now the graphics run great. Before they were so slow the game was unplayable.

This may solve your problems so give it a try.

I am on XP with Radeon Catalyst card.

Go to: