Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 11, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/11/2014 at 8:48:38 AM PST

bearnpie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song here

[Post New]by bearnpie on Apr 11, 14 5:41 AM
Game freezing early in game at the newspaper dispenser HOG. Have uninstalled/reinstalled and still cannot get past the puzzle box; getting an error message and getting kicked out of the game every time.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 11, 14 10:57 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by Robie23456 on Apr 11, 14 12:30 PM
In Back hallway, can't find rubber mate, please someone Help

[Post New]by thewraith981 on Apr 17, 14 10:06 PM
Stuck too...just emailed customer service...I re-installed etc and I can go back into game but it brings me right to a screen on top of screen and I can't move anything......

[Post New]by horvath88 on Apr 27, 14 4:25 PM
I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still am stuck. Only have the chalkboard photo and one rose and need to beak into the basement or front door. I don't have the tools and every scene says that I have done everything that can be done there.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Apr 30, 14 7:10 PM
Not sure if it is a tech issue, or not, but the bell/door puzzle in the rose garden does not work. In desperation I came to the forums and then the walk thru and though I hit the bells in the correct order, nothing happened. I finally hit the skip button.

CelticCoco

[Post New]by basia21usa on Jun 26, 14 7:19 PM
the fertilizer in disappears off the table in selina's secret room and game cannot go any further! so annoyed the game is 3/4 done and i cant finish it. you can see the fertilizer on the table but once you click to do a close up of the table the fertilizer is not on it. what a waste of money!

gcs13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by gcs13 on Aug 2, 14 5:36 PM
I have the same problem as Basia21usa. When I put the fertilizer in the pot, it disappeared and now I can't continue! I am almost finished but can't continue. Very FRUSTRATING!! Can somebody help?

[Post New]by NicknMary on Aug 11, 14 12:02 PM
Hi

In cemetery I went to the statue holding the second clock face and assembled the violin it seems IN THE WRONG ORDER. Trying to put the strings last now I cant put the strings on so cant get the clock face!
HELP

skyepearl
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by skyepearl on Sep 6, 14 8:30 AM
I had an issue with the candle lighting/blowing out puzzle at Elija's grave. It worked fine until I had to back out of the puzzle & exit the game mid-solve. When I re-entered to play, the graphics were wonky. There was a static picture of the candles as I'd left them imposed on top of the actual puzzle & pushing the movement buttons made the candles rearrange themselves in an odd way (like candles moving diagonally THRU the puzzle rather than around in the circular pattern they were supposed to travel via the movement buttons). Resetting the puzzle seemed to fix it.

Later, I got the same error as a few others where there was a 1-inch border of another game screen location graphically behind the current game screen, which blocked out the inventory & menu buttons, as well as the travel/movement arrows. This made it impossible to move out of this screen or to quit w/o a Ctrl-Alt-Del.

After reading other's experiences, I knew that un/re-installing wasn't going to fix anything. I, instead, created a new profile (pain in the booty as I was much closer to the end of the game than the beginning) & replayed. This time I made it through to the end without incident. I think the problem was created when I was switching between difficulty modes a LOT. I would switch to Casual to get a map clue, then switch immediately back to Advanced so the game wouldn't sparkle everywhere. I don't think the game likes it when you switch difficulties (or at least as often as I did it). When I replayed, I did so on Casual (for the map hints), and all in one sitting - with no incident. So, my suggestion is to pick a difficulty level & stick with it. Not sure if quitting the game & going back causes problems - but I wouldn't recommend quitting in the middle of any Hidden Object scene, puzzle, or close up - just to be safe. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by pouponette on Sep 30, 14 3:56 PM
Getting stuck on the xmas tree help

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 5, 15 7:49 AM
Getting stuck with a white screen after playing awhile. After I leave and return to play the game is normal, for a few scenes, then white again!

[Post New]by YouBugMeBaby on Apr 16, 15 10:06 AM
I am also running into the same problem regarding the potted plant and fertilizer. After zoom in on paper with diagram\directions for potting plant . The diagram\directions end up staying on top of screen area. However I'm able to see the fertilzer and put the fertilzer in the potted plant. Once out of zoomed screen. The game asks for fertilzer. Click back into close up zoom and the fertilzer isn't there any longer. I believe the bug in the game is at the point of dropping the potted plant on the table, then looking at the diagram\directions which starts a continual loop. Therefore can not finish the game.

Running 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.06 GHz
12.0 GB (RAM)
Preferred Browser: Chrome

[Post New]by patches1999 on May 14, 15 1:50 PM
i can't seem to get the piano numbers in the correct order, I have tried
everything...PLEASE HELP!!

TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song here

[Post New]by Rdhott13 on Jun 19, 15 3:07 PM
I am at chapter 4, the festival alley and playing the game in the firehouse. I had clicked on the fire poker and it disappeared and was crossed off the list. What I didn't know is that I was supposed to use the poker to release the fire extinguisher so now I can't continue because I have no access to the fire poker to release the extinguisher so now I'm stuck. What can I do to fix this?

Go to: