Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 12, 14 12:32 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/12/2014 at 8:48:56 AM PST

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shian1 on Apr 12, 14 1:13 AM
Can't down load this game as it says I need to update my graphics driver. My driver is up to date. This is happening a lot lately where games for one reason or another don't work. Oh well, I hope those that can play, enjoy as it sounds like a good game.

Edited on 04/12/2014 at 1:15:04 AM PST

OzGuy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by OzGuy on Apr 12, 14 1:33 AM
I also get regular graphics based problems since upgrading to a new PC ... so those of you with Graphics Driver problems may need to look at your machine brand ... I have always built my own systems, but replaced my Master PC with a very well specified off-the-shelf PC as I could not build a system for the same price ... it is fast, windows 8.1 based and, like all my systems it is Intel and NVidia based ... the gaming only issues I am experiencing is that my video driver does not update; thus causing error messages than can be suppressed to play on plus colour distortion to a red tinge and occasional frame misalignment in ... beyond gaming everything else is spot on ... digging deeper I have found that my Graphics Card is an NVidia GT625 ... a what ? ... I missed out this bit in my pre purchase homework ... This is NOT an NVidia release, it is something the PC manufacturer has conjured up for their systems that is not directly supported by the NVidia standard update process and you have to wait for your PC manufacturer to update ... I have had my system for almost 6 months and there are no updates available from the manufacturer (a global brand) and I can assure you my other home made systems have had at least 4 automated updates since that purchase ... NVidia or ATi, make 100% sure that the system you make or buy utilises a standard chipset that is recognised and supported directly from NVIdia or ATi, etc ... or you might be having a few weird problems that are not a Big Fish or game developer issue ... I will be talking to my PC manufacturer about this issue, and if all else fails I will be replacing the video card ...

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Apr 12, 14 2:04 AM
Hi
Using a MacAIr version OSX 10.9.2 - cant even get the game to open! Crashes when I hit the play button on the trial version! BFG - will be good if you test these games before you launch them. Pity - looked interesting.

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Apr 12, 14 4:13 AM
I can't download either.ERROR CODE 3.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 12, 14 5:57 AM
bonggamer wrote:Hi
Using a MacAIr version OSX 10.9.2 - cant even get the game to open! Crashes when I hit the play button on the trial version! BFG - will be good if you test these games before you launch them. Pity - looked interesting.

Same problem on my iMac. OS X 10.9.3.
I've emailed tech support & included a Dr. Felix Result.

I then downloaded the Windows version and it play's like a charm, running VMware Fusion, on the same iMac. Go figure!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 12, 14 8:48 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by Cubanabop on Apr 12, 14 12:54 PM
bonggamer wrote:Hi

It does the same thing for me (MacBook OSX 10.8.3 with Intel 2.5 so all my spec match what the game says should have to open it) The file downloaded fine, but won't even open--I get immediate crash right after hitting the Trial button.

That's only the second game ever from BFG that did that in the many years I've been downloading games, so while it is a minor bummer I can't try a game that has gotten such great reviews from everyone who has posted so far, only wanted to report it. Looking forward to the next game!

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Apr 12, 14 4:58 PM
Sigh. Access error violation, tried to read from XXXXXXX (numbers) Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same message. Can't play. Anybody else with this problem?

TAZZ1965
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by TAZZ1965 on Apr 12, 14 5:53 PM
at the end of chapter 7 you need to place the valve by the 4 tubes I can't get the valve to go. Any idea on how to achieve that. I can't go any further till I do

[Post New]by alphasyakira on Apr 13, 14 6:03 AM
For some reason, i cannot seem to open the game in fullscreen as the image becomes disoriented. It frustrates as i can only play in windowed mode. I only encounter this problem with the MAD HEAD games. Is there any way to resolve this problem? Please help me!! thank you..i'm using Windows 7..

Edited on 04/13/2014 at 6:07:29 AM PST

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Apr 13, 14 8:20 AM
ANOTHER game where all I get is a black screen. It isn't my computer Big Fish. I have windows 8.1 and everything is up to date. Unbelievable.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 13, 14 3:06 PM
BOO HOO ..Finally a CE that I really want to purchase and play, BUT cannot .

The game opens fine, but the cut scenes run in S-L-O-W motion, took up my trial time, that is how slow they were running, could not skip, clicking on skip did nothing, it was like my mouse wasn't working.
I even changed my mouse in options, thinking that would help, but it didn't, system cursor instead of game cursor.
I just LOVE these developers, so am so sad that I cannot play this game.
I am running Windows XP, which I usually have no issues with games, I guess with SO many cut scenes, this game is to graphic intense, to run on my computer.
WAAAA...need a whambulance being the gaming addict that I am its just killing me, that I can't play this GREAT-AWESOME-OUT OF THE BOX, piece of work.

Where is the computer fairy....I need a new computer so badly, but I don't have the funds .

[Post New]by queenj3 on Apr 13, 14 3:11 PM
This is the first time I've had issues with a game. This game freezes and lags terribly. I've already uninstalled and re-installed the demo. Are there any fixes for this? All my other games play perfectly.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Apr 13, 14 4:21 PM
I agree pretty much with everything quarlesqueen has to say. I'm in the same boat. The cut scenes to sooooooooooooo long that the trial was over before I knew it. It would be nice to play as I also love these developers. Bummer.

[Post New]by kazaskud on Apr 13, 14 7:00 PM
Played the demo and purchased the full game on my PC. Once activated I went into play and was told to create a new profile. I cant carry on with the game from where the demo ended.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Apr 13, 14 7:29 PM
I am running an iMac 10.6.8...yes I need to upgrade but this game says its compatible but I can't get it to open up at all like all the other mac users in this forum. Sooo sad as I love these developers and I almost bought this sight unseen! How Id be kicking myself! Lets hope there is a patch soon!

guppy68
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by guppy68 on Apr 13, 14 9:44 PM
I am having the same problem as many others lately, I download games and they wll not play because of error codes access violation. this has been happening for the
past gew days.
I really want to purchase this game, but it won't download

[Post New]by squiggly_ann on Apr 13, 14 10:10 PM
I enjoyed what I could play of this game. I would have purchased it, but I also experienced the lagging in the cut scenes. I will purchase if a fix should come out. I don't believe it's my computer as all my games work fine.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 14, 14 1:17 AM
The game froze twice on me in the first few minutes. So it's a no buy from me.

Go to: