Please post your REVIEWS for Emberwing: Lost Legacy here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 13, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 04/13/2014 at 8:39:57 AM PST

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Emberwing: Lost Legacy here

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 13, 14 4:07 AM
Hate to see poor pondprowler on her lonesome here

I have written a full review in the Collectors' Edition forum, but ponder this:

How can any game that features an armoured guinea pig not be worth a trial? Awesome!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 13, 14 8:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Emberwing: Lost Legacy here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Emberwing: Lost Legacy.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

joz1950
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Collector's version

[Post New]by joz1950 on Apr 15, 14 8:16 AM
The collector's version was great, but you could go crazy trying to find the exact spot an item needed to be placed. Hopefully they fixed it in the standard version

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 15, 14 11:24 PM
Disappointing. Only one HOS in the 40 minutes that I played of the demo. And I must say, as long as the puzzle skip button takes to refill in easy mode, I don't even want imagine how long it would take to refill in the harder mode.

It was impossible to guess what to do next without the hint. The hint tells you where you need to go and also will take you there. There is also a map.

I found a few of the items you need to pick up or to place require clicking on the exact pixel or it won't work.

I won't be buying this one.

[Post New]by skydancer452 on Apr 19, 14 3:13 PM
So frustrated with this game!!!! I want my game credit back! I have been stuck on the harp string for two days and can't get the string.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Apr 26, 14 4:22 AM
I can only assume the CE expands this game as the ending just ends and leaves you feeling "there must be more to this story" especially since there are still places to visit on the transporter map.

I have mixed feelings about this game. Uniquely done with some interesting HOS. Most mini games are doable, but some not. Instructions are not real clear and the instructions tend to disappear before you can really read them well as well as some of the other dialog.

Voice overs are OK and music seem appropriate. Annimations and graphics are cartoon-like, but work. Some HOS and game scenes are so dark you may have trouble seeing the items.

Interesting story and the game was enjoyable but had its frustrations. The most frustrating for me was that in a lot of the scenes, your pointer had to be EXACTLY on the right spot for the scene to work..I spent a lot of time clicking all over an area I knew was right and nothing would happen except the dialog telling me I was wrong when I knew I was right. After awhile, I would apparently click on the EXACT spot and things would move along...very frustrating. The game also seemed to lag behind a bit.

Hint and skip are not real quick to refresh. A number of cut scenes but they were not long and were interesting.

My opinion of the game play would be haltering and choppy...but once you get beyond that and you don't mind the odd ending you could say it was an interesting game to play. I give it a 3- out of 5.

Edited on 04/26/2014 at 4:22:53 AM PST

[Post New]by NEVERLAND5 on May 14, 14 6:16 AM
I have to agree with Bessiegirl on this game. You have to be very specific where put some items so you can move on and I had the same problems. I like the graphics. Love dragons but I also agree the ending just left you hanging. I ended up buying the strategy guide so I could finish the game and that cost me as much as the game and that to me was a rip. This needs a walkthrough you can turn to instead of paying the price of another game so you can finish this game. I too rate it a 3.

[Post New]by gcrazy on May 28, 14 4:57 PM
You must find the exact spot to put items in order to solve the problem. I think this make it too technical. Please fix. Otherwise interesting and fun.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 12, 14 7:15 AM
As far as "hanging endings" go, I've found that the SE version of a game is more apt to leave the player puzzled. I 've been playing almost exclusively SE version in past 6 months or so. There are so many good games to play and it seems that the CEs are sometimes too drawn out and endless. Plus, I really can't justify the added cost. The CEs probably wrap the game up better.

[Post New]by mothergoose5 on Sep 16, 14 9:16 AM
I also find that when an item should go at a specific place where is the specific place like the mirror on the dragon. How do I place it so the dragon holds on to it? I would also like to know which scene we are in so that when I get a hint and walk back I know which scene I'm in. Thanks.

[Post New]by mothergoose5 on Sep 25, 14 6:47 AM
Fun game but came to an abrupt end and I did not get a bonus round. Also would be great if when you went back to a scene it would say where you are. Thanks

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 24, 14 4:58 PM
enjoyable game

Go to: