Disappearing fish tacos quest

[Post New]by Evcharles on Apr 14, 14 8:42 PM
This problem was happening before and started up again today. I'm sorry - but it's really frustrating to make all the dishes you need for a quest and have the quest disappear less than an hour after starting.

Tech support - what gives?

Re:Disappearing fish tacos quest

[Post New]by Froginfishpond on Apr 21, 14 3:50 AM
I fully agree! 'Had the fish taco daily quest this morning. Luckily I had some already on the go so I just used four ovens... waiting patiently for this afternoon to have them cooked & served... Surprise! No more quest! 28000 tacos to get rid of AND the four ovens are blocked for nothing! Highly irritating.
On a positive note, it's good to see the price of spices went down.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on May 4, 14 5:24 AM
Must be the 5th post I see in the forum in this matter - wouldn't it be better to just let them know at the technical problems thread and hope they'll fix this?

BFG and developers - a lot of us are having this issue, it's obviously a problem in the game - please fix this.

[Post New]by purplepugs2 on May 20, 14 5:57 PM
Glad I read all the reviews on this subject. Today one of my DD was the fish tacos, I didn't even bother. Came back a couple of hours later and it was gone. Guess they don't plan on fixing it.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on May 22, 14 1:01 AM
Today is the first time I have ever received the quest. I am posting this as a log to see if I experience the same problem.

I happened to wake up early and when I opened the game, I had eleven minutes left on yesterday's quest. Because of that I was able to watch as the game switched over to the taco quest at 3:03AM EDT. Because of my level and appliances, I was able to get 28,000 tacos in the ovens by 3:15AM. I already own the 50% cooking time so the ovens read as having 11 hours left.

As the day progresses, I will report back as to when and if (hopefully not!) the quest disappears.

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on May 22, 14 9:31 AM
It seems the fish taco quest always disappears for me after I exit the game, and when I go back in it's gone. I've never tried leaving the game open all day. Will do that next time I get the quest and see what happens.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on May 23, 14 2:11 AM
I can't say if I would have won the award because my Internet service went out at 8:30PM, at which time I had sold 22K tacos.Had my service not gone out, I'm guessing I would have received the prize.

I left the game running, in minimized mode, all day on my PC and the quest did not disappear. Once the connection was lost to the server, and I was told the Internet would be down until morning, I then tried opening the game on my cell phone and though I selected to "use data from server", I was given a new quest.

It appears the trick to the quest is to keep the game open and connected to the server without interruption. I think that should stated, I don't think it's quite right that they are doing this and acting like they don't know what the problem is.

laupen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by laupen on May 24, 14 3:40 AM
I posted a similar thread weeks ago. And the problem is still happening..
Yesterday and today I have had another disappearing fish taco demand..
But as stated by someone else; as soon as you logged off and reconnect, the demand has gone..
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR OVENS IF YOU SEE IT!!!

BFG TECH SUPPORT SORT IT OUT, YOU ARE EMBARRASSING.....

[Post New]by KatePr on May 24, 14 1:17 PM
I'm happy to report that I was able to complete the fish taco quest and get the 20 buck reward. Because I had read here that it disappears as soon as you log off I left the game running all day. So I can't tell you if they fixed it but I can certainly confirm that keeping the game on is a way to complete the quest!

[Post New]by calculuscat3 on May 24, 14 5:34 PM
I have completed this quest "normally" in the past, but today it disappeared for me as well -- after I filled up 8 ovens with fish tacos. So, the problem seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on May 25, 14 4:51 PM
I just got this quest a couple of days ago and it disappeared. I have closed my game though - asking to keep it open for 24 hours is crazy. Especially when BFG won't allow us having two games working at the same time. As far as I can tell it hasn't been fixed yet and I've never been able to do this quest, only because it disappears before I get a chance to.
I did have a talk with cs about some other matters and mentioned this problem to them. As I understand developers are aware of this and working on fixing it. But I think it hasn't been fixed yet and having to keep the game running open for 24 hours is hardly a fix in my book, sorry. It shouldn't disappear, no matter what. Like all other quests. And since I bought the half time boost before there is no reason for me to not enjoy those 20 bucks but this annoying bug in the game. Hopefully will be fixed soon though.

Edited on 05/25/2014 at 4:52:37 PM PST

Re:Disappearing fish tacos quest counter time

[Post New]by princesscajun on May 26, 14 5:17 PM
Ok so the latest on this is it takes 22 hours to cook the dish so how am i supposed to cook and serve it within 22 hours like everyone else mine disappeared

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on Jul 21, 14 9:34 AM
Is this problem ever going to be fixed?

Go to: