doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Neighbour Blitz uses Energy

[Post New]by doofus09 on Apr 14, 14 11:09 PM
I played a blitz, and it used 15 energy points. I thought it might be a glitch or missed something, so did another blitz. The window still says no energy required, but I'm now down to 23.

rlwoole
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Neighbour Blitz uses Energy

[Post New]by rlwoole on Apr 14, 14 11:25 PM
This happened to me the other week, but it only happened the one time to me.

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Apr 14, 14 11:41 PM
And like a fool, I tried again, but with only 6 energy points on hand. No rewards for the blitz, just for the visit.

I guess I won't be blitzing anymore...

rlwoole
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by rlwoole on Apr 15, 14 1:36 AM
I just tried a few neighbor blitz and the game took 15 energy each time I played. I didn't notice at first, but I ended up losing about 60+ energy. Not very happy here. Looks like I won't be doing any more neighbor blitz myself.

TempeB
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by TempeB on Apr 15, 14 2:07 AM
Having the same problem here. I played a few neighbour blitzes while the counter was below 15 energy and got no silver/XP etc. However, as soon as the counter was at 15 energy the neighbour blitz wiped that out but gave me silver and stuff - this in spite of the neighbour blitz still stating that it takes no energy! Probably just a glitch, but a wee bit frustrating nonetheless!

Will mention it in the 'technical issues' section just in case the Mods don't see it here.

rlwoole
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by rlwoole on Apr 15, 14 2:12 AM
TempeB wrote:Having the same problem here. I played a few neighbour blitzes while the counter was below 15 energy and got no silver/XP etc. However, as soon as the counter was at 15 energy the neighbour blitz wiped that out but gave me silver and stuff - this in spite of the neighbour blitz still stating that it takes no energy! Probably just a glitch, but a wee bit frustrating nonetheless!

Will mention it in the 'technical issues' section just in case the Mods don't see it here.

I just posted about this in the iOS technical thread

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 15, 14 2:13 AM
Same here - methinks the Neighbor Blitz code must be broken.

Hopefully this entire thread will be moved to the Tech Threads. I'm in the last 2 hours of a 4X boost and don't have the time to do it myself now.

I play on a PC.

Dhyani

ETA: I just posted about this to Melissa on Facebook.

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 2:21:54 AM PST

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 15, 14 3:57 AM
I have figured out the same thing.. You can play a blitz but it gives you nothing unless it can charge you 15 energy points for it.. So it is worthless.. Either it eats time with no gain for you, or it charges you 15 points and you can get a low paying scene or one you dislike, and finding items just gain you a point each regardless of how quickly you do it, or if you group them or what not.. So what is the point?.. Better to use your 15 energy points in your own scenes where you get the scene you want, and have an opportunity to earn more for your skill, plus have the opportunity spin for higher rewards..

Other then this change, (which is a bug I hope).. I didn't see any other change that explains the comment that this update will give you more rewards for socializing.. Maybe socializing reward is you get more gold if you link to facebook???...

So confused and disappointed... Not thrilled with the jackpot thingy either.. I thought we would actually be able to board the boat..

John117LV426
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by John117LV426 on Apr 15, 14 8:43 AM
Rats, wouldn't you know that I played several neighbor blitzes BEFORE checking here.

I notice that the neighbor list now has a 3rd way to sort.... by name, last played or on Facebook.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 15, 14 8:54 AM
That is because you linked to facebook, it was there before this update but you had to be connected to FB. So you must have done the quest.. Did you get the unicorn?.. How does it look? How big is it?

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Apr 15, 14 9:13 AM
gosh, what a disappointment this upgrade has been for me. This neighbour blitz change is misleading at best.

It IS possible to visit a neighbour and receive the 1 energy, 10 XP, and 50 silver for just the visit, and have that cost nothing.

and if you have less than 15 energy, it IS possible to play the neighbour blitz game without it costing anything (but only because you have nothing to give); and if you pay nothing for it, you receive nothing for it either.

I hope this is an error in the program code which can be fixed.

If this is intentional, then I find it very deceptive & misleading ..... not feelings which encourage me to invite FB friends to play .........

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 15, 14 9:18 AM
Someone said in the normal game play it does not take the 15 energy points until the game is finished.. If that is the case, that might be the logic change that is causing the Neighbor blitzes to charge too.. They changed how the energy is taken but forgot the IF statement as in "If in normal play mode take energy, if visiting neighbors don't take energy"..

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 15, 14 9:50 AM
Hey Everyone,

If you're seeing issues with the neighbor Blitz scenes, please contact Tech Support HERE with the following information:

The version number of the game
Your Dark Manor ID
The platform the game is being played on.
Your operating sytem
The approximate energy loss, if applicable.

I really hope this helps. If there are issues with anything else, please contact Tech Support. If you're playing on a PC, please include a Dr. Felix Report as well.

bfgVaiya

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 2:38:42 PM PST

[Post New]by mel2929 on Apr 15, 14 10:14 AM
I just discovered this problem myself unfortunately! Also the name doesn't show when I visit castles. I have also had a couple of times that I didn't get a bonus spin on the regular HOS from my page.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 15, 14 10:19 AM
I played a normal HOS and at the end got booted to my manor lawn without letting me spin or giving me a payout of silver or xp for any of it.. Sort of if I was visiting a neighbor and played their blitz without having 15 energy to pay for it with..

I have reported the issue to the technical issue thread under the PC version.. You should report your glitch there also.

I will wait to contact Customer Service to be reimbursed for any energy loss though until the bugs are fixed.. It takes a long time for them to respond, I only want to do it once.. And I had one glitch that gave me 30 energy points so it is a plus/minus tally at best..

[Post New]by Frankenfurter1 on Apr 15, 14 10:55 AM
Had no idea and it just sucked up all 50 of my energy points. Argh. Oh well, wont do that for awhile.

John117LV426
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by John117LV426 on Apr 15, 14 11:14 AM
Moosetracker, the unicorn is cute - haven't looked closeup yet. Same size as the jackalope - 2x1.

The unicorn is the main reason I finally caved in and used Facebook. Besides the sort order, are there any other FB features in DM?

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 15, 14 11:21 AM
I don't know socially if there is anything else, perhaps someone else would know. I only was on it about 2 weeks before customer service made me get off of it.

I was told that if you loose your manor or something really gets whacky, it is easier for customer Service to find your manor and fix things for you.

[Post New]by panfishngal on Apr 15, 14 12:39 PM
I have a stupid question. Well, several, actually. Does BFG want us all individually to report the neighbor blitz problem? And, if so, what exactly is "the version number of the game" they are asking us to submit? How many of you have actually reported to tech support and actually heard of a fix coming your way?
Thanks in advance for any answers.
Heebie Jeebies

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 15, 14 12:51 PM
Well communicating back to us is slow at best.. A few days if things are slow (which is not now) a week or two if things are a mess (as they are now)..

I reported in the sticky on this forum for PC technical issues, there is one for IOS.. I feel I did my duty by doing that..

The version number is new, I kindof passed over all that info with little thought. I went to the options menu and this is my best guess.. When you hit options, do not look in the popup box but below it, it gives some info there as to when it was copy righted and other things.. To the far right I have svn-1710 You might have a different version number if one of us is not on the latest version, or the ios game have different version numbers then the pc game..

Go to: