Haunted House (L1 HOS) worth a revisit

[Post New]by hair_teeth_iball on Apr 15, 14 5:08 PM
Hey all. For all who haven't been since the update, Haunted House has been redesigned.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:Haunted House (L1 HOS) worth a revisit

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 15, 14 6:00 PM
hmmmm... can't revisit through a neighbor visit.. Do I want to spend 15 energy for it?? How different is it? one or two items, or everything is rearranged??

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Apr 15, 14 6:03 PM
It has added some new items to the old items.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Apr 15, 14 6:06 PM
I bit, and played the scene. Only thing i saw was different was the placement of the bunny(but then it's been ages since played). But that was only the one scene I played. Pretty much looked the same.Might change with more played ie: items in different locations

Stormydem
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Stormydem on Apr 15, 14 6:42 PM
I played and didn't notice anything different, except maybe the letterman jacket was more vivid. Bunny? I don't remember a bunny in that scene.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Apr 15, 14 6:46 PM
Stormydem wrote:I played and didn't notice anything different, except maybe the letterman jacket was more vivid. Bunny? I don't remember a bunny in that scene.

The scene I played had a stuffed bunny on the stairs on the left. That's the only difference i saw, as said, I only played one scene.

[Post New]by nightingale63 on Apr 16, 14 4:18 AM
Also, there's a pool game going in the background at the Jazz Bone Bar. I hadn't noticed that before.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 16, 14 4:38 AM
I'm quoting the bonus item list from the List of Categorical Items... thread, p.4:

Ch 1.2, Haunted House (59 total):

Items in a Wardrobe (13):

Bowler Hat, Bra, Eye Patch, Glove, High Heel, Letterman Jacket, Rain Jacket, Shirt, Skirt, Straw Hat, Tie, Trench Coat, Woman's Hat

(not Skates or Peg Leg)

Items That Can Cut Your Finger (12):

Arrows, Axe, Bear Trap, Cleaver, Fork, Knife, Mace, Pick Axe, Pitchfork, Saw, Saw Blade, Spear

Items That Are Alive or Were Once Alive ( 8):

Bat, Chameleon, Deer Skull, Fly, Mouse, Raccoon, Snake, Spider

Remaining non-bonus items:
Apple, Bird Cage, Bowling Ball, Canoe, Carved Heart, Cheese, Dart Board, Drum, Gun, Hammer, Hand Truck, Hive, Honey, Idol Head, Ladder, Level, Life Ring, Noose, Peg Leg, Ship, Skateboard, Skates, Tea Cup, Train, Tricycle, Violin

If you find any changes, please send PM either to me or to klfrr so that we can update the list. The same holds for any other scene where you may notice changes. Thanks!

[Post New]by hair_teeth_iball on Apr 17, 14 4:45 PM
Now, oddly enough, I just played this HOS in a neighbor blitz and it was the same as always. Are there two interchanging versions now or is it a glitch? Who knows?

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Apr 17, 14 6:49 PM
As someone who feel somewhat responsible for keeping my categories list up-to-date, I wish they would at least tell us when they change things. The Gypsy Tathsheba changed a little while ago too. So, should we have 1.2.1 versus 1.2 .0?

I'm still working on enough silver to buy the rest of the land, so I hate playing scenes with such low payout.

Edited on 04/17/2014 at 6:49:45 PM PST

Cglider
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Cglider on Apr 17, 14 8:12 PM
There must be two versions of this scene. In the one I play, there is a skeleton on the stairs where the skirt, shirt and trench coat used to be. Those items are gone as are all of the items like the canoe and hand cart, life saver etc that were in the space beneath the stars on the left. Now some of the items to find are pumpkin, possum, comb, bell, Saturn. The pictures are all different. That's where the dog, pumpkin and vase of flowers are. Also new are a chess board, a phonograph, a fish skeleton..... I could go on and on. Needless to say, the old groups don't apply to this scene at all. I am seriously confused.

Edited on 04/17/2014 at 8:43:10 PM PST

Cglider
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Cglider on Apr 17, 14 8:39 PM
Really wish I could post a picture. Some of the old stuff is there but the scene is really quite different from before..no bra, no high heel, no letterman jacket and certainly, no bunny. I don't think there was a bunny in the original scene. I don't see how we could have different scenes. I play on an iPad. I don't know if that makes the difference. It is certainly strange.

ETA: I posted the screenshots of the old and the new versions on the DM Facebook page. Would welcome comments. Are we seeing different versions?

Edited on 04/17/2014 at 9:33:59 PM PST

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 18, 14 2:29 AM
I looked at the dark Manor facebook page. Did not see the old & new haunted House scenes.. Perhaps a moderator thought you were giving others a cheat sheet??

JulieW58
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by JulieW58 on Apr 18, 14 5:21 AM
When I visited the scene, I got the original version. I got the new version blitzing at a neighbor's manor.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 18, 14 5:41 AM
Julie I was wondering if the difference was between normal play and a neighbor blitz, but I would have though the opposite, that the new scene was in the normal play and developers forgot to attach the new scene to the neighbors blitz..

Cglider
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Cglider on Apr 18, 14 7:43 AM
I have played in both visiting and normal and got the new version both times. I haven't tried other modes so ???? Is it different in blitz vs hopper vs etc?

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Apr 20, 14 5:03 AM
I thought it was different but I thought it had been so long since I played it that maybe I was wrong. Thanks for posting this and it is definitely different.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Apr 20, 14 9:16 AM
I spent 15 energy to see what the fuss was. The small picture in the chapter shows a skeleton on the stairs, but that wasn't in the game shot I played. The only difference I saw was a bouquet of flowers on the stairs. Too bad it pays so poorly I will probably never complete the lower chapters. Why play for 100 experience when you can play for 1200+ in a later game?

2 Lovely Lion Eyes

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 20, 14 9:27 AM
toomuchsht wrote:I spent 15 energy to see what the fuss was. The small picture in the chapter shows a skeleton on the stairs, but that wasn't in the game shot I played. The only difference I saw was a bouquet of flowers on the stairs. Too bad it pays so poorly I will probably never complete the lower chapters. Why play for 100 experience when you can play for 1200+ in a later game?

2 Lovely Lion Eyes

To compile those bonus item lists for everyone to use?

quiet5
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by quiet5 on Apr 20, 14 5:48 PM
This is very odd. I have gone back and played ALL the scenes since the update (I'm only up to the middle of chapter 10, though)
I don't see bunnies or red flowers or skeltons in the haunted house - maybe the scene variations only occur for people above a certain level? (That happened in Gardens Of Time)
Perhaps as a way to give people something "new" to play before the new chapters are ready?

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 5:49:08 PM PST

Go to: