HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

? if the slot machine doesn't give daily tokens...

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Apr 15, 14 5:55 PM
will you still play? I've played with the free tokens. I've got the slot machine for my manor, but not a jackpot gold payout. I still have approx. 2500 of the free tokens, but the luster has worn off. My walkers are at a stand still while I do the spinning, kinda seems a waste of my time, I could be on my manor, letting my walkers do thier job and earning me Juju or energy... Just wish my walkers could keep up the good work, while I'm away gambling Also, any DM players that are in the next time zone have an update as to if it get's a daily bonus on the token like the energy does with time. Just courious

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

Re:? if the slot machine doesn't give daily tokens...

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 15, 14 6:05 PM
No. I won't buy tokens for the slot machine.

I finally got the attraction too and two bars of gold. Played 10s at a time and hit it as I got down to 1700. Took hours - every once in a while I went back to the manor to pick up silver and JuJu and to let the Walkers do their thing.

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 6:11:01 PM PST

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Apr 15, 14 6:08 PM
Even if they give us a big bunch of daily tokens I will probably not play the machine again unless I am at a stand still on my game and need to kill time. Like waiting for energy to replenish. I only had chip wins today. No new attraction or gold jackpot to show for the time I spent before running out of chips. Just enough chips to keep trying to win the jackpot until I finally ran out of chips altogether. It ended up taking a lot of time out of the regular game play tonight.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Apr 15, 14 6:11 PM
I was playing the 20 bet, and hit it fairly on, down to 3500 chips left. after that it was just win a bit...loose alot...win some more...loose alot..kinda just evened out around 3000 and I stopped at that..was just to boring.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 15, 14 6:12 PM
No, but I am hoping for some every day, I doubt it will be 4,000 per day.. Might be as little as 100 per day.. We will see.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Apr 15, 14 6:13 PM
drivin wrote:Even if they give us a big bunch of daily tokens I will probably not play the machine again unless I am at a stand still on my game and need to kill time. Like waiting for energy to replenish. I only had chip wins today. No new attraction or gold jackpot to show for the time I spent before running out of chips. Just enough chips to keep trying to win the jackpot until I finally ran out of chips altogether. It ended up taking a lot of time out of the regular game play tonight.

that what I saw also, alot of time away from the game with no real gain...

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Apr 15, 14 6:16 PM
I hope some our other DM neighbors on the other side of the world might wake up and let us know about this...

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on Apr 15, 14 7:40 PM
Where's the slot machine attraction? I looked through to see if anything new popped up but didn't see it. I already did the play the slots quest for the gold bar.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Apr 15, 14 7:46 PM
`Mizzell it is on the bottom of your window. middle, a bit to to the right. hth...let us know if this doesn't help

[Post New]by LadySparkle55 on Apr 15, 14 8:02 PM
No. It is nose running, drool dripping, mind numbingly BORING.

lynswei
Minnow
Minnow
247 Posts

[Post New]by lynswei on Apr 15, 14 8:04 PM
LadySparkle55 wrote:No. It is nose running, drool dripping, mind numbingly BORING.

Yes, yes it is.

No, I won't play.

La Casa de Bella Muerte

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 8:06:09 PM PST

[Post New]by EvilSoupSpoon on Apr 15, 14 8:14 PM
I guess I am in the minority.

I have been playing on and off all day. I usually play whilst waiting for ???to load or for power to accumulate.

I have won 20 gold and the slot attraction, and am still at 6300 tokens after a low of 3800. So I figure thus far I have gotten more than I have given....

So I am saying I likey. I know this isn't everyone's experience but I can only speak to my own.

It's just a lil extra fun, IMO.

Penem
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Penem on Apr 15, 14 10:00 PM
I'm with EvilSoupSpoon, I like the slots. I've won 18 gold and the slot attraction. I started betting 10s but switched over to the 100s. I have extra gold so I've used 6 bars so far on tokens but I'm still ahead by 12. It's something to do while waiting for my juju to build back up.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 15, 14 10:01 PM
Around two hours ago I reduced my to token count to 5. Actually it wasn't very hard for me - it was more amazing that I could play for so long and that I got an attraction. Anyway, it's after 10:00pm PDT, 'new day' has run and my token count is 5 but I did get one free spin.

pshapard
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by pshapard on Apr 15, 14 10:11 PM
just checked -- my gifts reset for the new day -- and no tokens for the slot machine
got a pop-up that said "first spin is always on the house" -- but it did not pay out on the win -- so - no daily tokens I guess --

I for one wont be wasting gold to spin -- so that was a waste of code -- for those of you that enjoy slots -- have fun with it -- my wife is really enjoying it -- she loves them -- I would rather black jack or poker myself

redsapple
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by redsapple on Apr 15, 14 11:43 PM
LadySparkle55 wrote:No. It is nose running, drool dripping, mind numbingly BORING.

LOL!!!!! I don't get the advantage of it. Other than it's a time killer.

redsapple
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by redsapple on Apr 15, 14 11:48 PM
I started playing 40, 50 and even 100 at a time just to see how the payout changes. I've been able to maintain my original 5000 with the higher bets. Once that 5000 is gone for good I WILL NOT SPEND MONEY on this feature. There is no real advantage to playing it that I can see.

AllAboutEve and AllAboutEve2

quiet5
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by quiet5 on Apr 16, 14 12:22 AM
First day 5000 freebie chips.
So, second day - Just one free spin, but no additional chips.

But, I am not actually sad about that. it is pretty boring
Since the chips don't seem to have any other use or value, I deliberately set out to burn them as quickly as possible (max bets every spin)
Haven't quite made it yet - I get to between 1000 and 2000 and then have a 2000 or 3000 chip win (sigh)

Haven't won anything except more chips (no gold, no items) - so can't really figure out what the point of this could possibly be.

I can spend chips to get slightly fewer chips? (in the long run)
And be bored out of my mind while doing it?
huh?

See, the thing about REAL slots that makes them slightly entertaining, is that actual money is involved. These chips aren't even of any value within the game.

Besides which, what is the connection to the main game?.

Edited on 04/16/2014 at 12:28:21 AM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 16, 14 12:38 AM
The only thing that I was interested in was the Devil Slot attractions as they pay 700s/1h and I'm maxed out on all the other attractions.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 16, 14 6:03 AM
Everybody knows that in the longer run you can't win these games. So, instead of rationalizing with cost/benefit analysis, those of you who won just take the gold and run. That's the only way to win. If you continue, you will certainly lose and you will be tempted to spend more and more gold. Unless of course you enjoy passing your time and spending your gold in this way.

IMO, the only thing that really merits a cost/benefit analysis is the Devil Slot. Decide how much you would normally be willing to pay for it, factor the uncertainty in, and use this amount. Personally, I would be willing to lose up to 10 gold. The chances of winning the Slot are quite high.

Edited on 04/16/2014 at 6:11:11 AM PST

Go to: