shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Please, please…

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 15, 14 7:12 PM
If you are a Mac player who cannot open this game demo, please report it to customer service. Unless they get a number of us with the same issue nothing will happen.

Unfortunately for us, this is not a universal problem. Some Mac users have been able to play the demo. I truly fear we are out of luck on this one.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Please, please…

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Apr 17, 14 12:27 AM
This is why I use Windows.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 18, 14 2:30 PM
catbag8717 wrote:This is why I use Windows.

Well, there seem to be several PC tech issues as well. Happy your luck is holding out!
In general, Macs have fewer problems, but when there is one it's hard to troubleshoot.

Truth is, there are fewer of us, so Mac issues often don't get attention here, although I see today there is a Mac update for Off the Record 2.

[Post New]by DLBlossom on Apr 22, 14 4:33 PM
I'm a MAC user and can't play this game. But, it doesn't matter if you report it. They don't want to troubleshoot it. They offer you a new game, instead. This isn't the first time I've had game issues and, in the last year, BF technical support has been non-existent. I had already tried all their troubleshooting links they I sent the problem to them. Not helpful.

I've cancelled my membership with them after 5 years.

Here's the response I received from them:

Thanks for writing into Big Fish Support. We understand you're having some graphics related issues which may include games that are freezing or running slowly, exiting suddenly or simply not displaying correctly.

If you would prefer to get a different game rather than troubleshoot, the coupon code below can be used to get one free standard version game or Collector's Edition until Sunday, May 4th at 11:59 PM PST.

If you would like to try and troubleshoot the issue, below are solutions for some of the most common display issues; please take a look to see if one of them applies:

Game Crashing, Freezing or Blank Screen This help article has a number of suggestions to help get games running more smoothly.
Upside Down Screen Please choose this option if your game is displaying off center, or doesn’t look quite right.
Screen Resolution Please choose this option if your game doesn't seem to fit on the screen or gives an 'out of range' error.
Access Violation Please choose this option if you’re seeing an access violation when trying to play your game.
Another Game Currently Running (Error 809) Please choose this option if you’re seeing an error mentioning that another game may already be playing.

If you are looking for game play help, hints or tips we have a fantastic Community section with forums, walkthroughs and blog posts that are sure to help. Big Fish Community

For some more information about how to make the most of these resources, please see:
Walkthroughs, Game Hints, and Forum Information

Sincerely,

Big Fish Games Support Team

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 22, 14 5:48 PM
DLBlossom -- Well, I caught them on it, told them I did not appreciate a canned response that did not speak to my issue. I got an apologetic response, but yes, nothing else came of it.

I would like to play this game -- see for myself if it really has taken the HOPA formula up another notch -- so the fact that we are basically being ignored and offered coupons instead of investigating the issue is all that more frustrating.

There was a quick fix for the Mac version Off the Record 2 -- I didn't even know it was broken. There were not that many posts about Mac issues. I was surprised, pleased. Then this. My last response about Cadenza from CS said "… I've taken some time to look into the issue about this game, though I'm unable to confirmed specific this issue reported or escalated." Really?

I truly hate what has happened here, to the forums, to CS, to losing live chat, to the company. We've seen it all in 5 years, but of course new customers have no idea. Sad.

Edited on 04/22/2014 at 5:50:32 PM PST

[Post New]by DLBlossom on Apr 22, 14 6:34 PM
shorenuf - it is sad. I really liked BFG but what they're doing now isn't working. I'll spend my dollars elsewhere.

Go to: