Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mexicana: Deadly Holiday here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 16, 14 12:35 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/16/2014 at 8:22:27 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mexicana: Deadly Holiday here

[Post New]by artswife on Apr 16, 14 2:11 AM
game freezes after giving milk to snake does anyone else have this issue?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 16, 14 2:28 AM
artswife wrote:game freezes after giving milk to snake does anyone else have this issue?
No problems here.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Apr 16, 14 2:43 AM
My game froze trying to unscrew the mask. What is it with all of these games not working? I have sent Dr. Felix and it is not my computer. Help BFG this is a real drag. we buy these games and we have to wait weeks for a fix to play them. I uninstalled and then installed. it let me get the mask part. then I went to get the goblet with the crane and it stopped two more times. I sent another Dr. Felix I hope we can figure this out. I was loving the music....

Edited on 04/16/2014 at 3:51:00 AM PST

[Post New]by zambonnie on Apr 16, 14 7:27 AM
I have also had issues with the game freezing, but am getting an error message that Twisted Lands: Insomniac is not working even though it is uninstalled.

bearnpie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bearnpie on Apr 16, 14 8:05 AM
I have gotten the same message as Zambonnie about Twisted Lands two separate times when the game freezes. I as well do not have Twisted Lands installed at this time.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 16, 14 8:22 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 16, 14 8:26 AM
I am getting the same thing about twisted insomnia i get booted out of the game..
I really like the game but i cant play it I am trying to download it again and see what happens..I hope BF gets a fix for this game..Happy gameing the ones that can play..

dunkfl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dunkfl on Apr 16, 14 8:32 AM
I'm getting the exact same thing re: Twisted Lands...I would love to play this, but it keeps locking up and there is nothing wrong with my computer.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Apr 16, 14 9:04 AM
zambonnie wrote:I have also had issues with the game freezing, but am getting an error message that Twisted Lands: Insomniac is not working even though it is uninstalled.
That happened to me too. I thought I was in the twilight zone. lol

[Post New]by juttawalker on Apr 16, 14 10:02 AM
I had the same problem,access violation,game freeze,this is sad it is a great game but dont work

iamsosure
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by iamsosure on Apr 16, 14 10:50 AM
same insomniac error....with 4 minutes left in the trial and was on the part where I was getting the feather rune. May want to buy if ever fixed. Would also like to know game length since no walkthru to see how far the trial time got me to. Can see why soft sell as today's new game. Any one that does buy feel free to w/b about how far into the game. (at part where I need 3 pic stones ) TY

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Apr 16, 14 4:45 PM
Obviously game developer problem and NOT ours. HINT: Why would the game be identified as Twisted Lands: Insomniac if it was our error? Windows identifies it with a program error so it's up to the developers to fix this infernal game freeze at 3 different points, all within the same area of gameplay. This emphasizes what, increasingly, has become so irritatingly often lately--the expected game SNAFU from BF. Why so many of these problems of late, please tell?!?!?!

Best games out there still, but it does get so annoying since we all appreciate the normally great customer service from BF. Hope you get the bugs out of this one soon, please, as it is an enjoyably different play.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Apr 16, 14 4:57 PM
artswife wrote:game freezes after giving milk to snake does anyone else have this issue?

This game has frozen on me several times today. Each time I was able to go back in and continue. However, it just froze at this exact point, and so far has not let me continue on. I don't think it's a problem my end, as I rarely if ever, have games freeze.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 16, 14 5:43 PM
Same issues as others. Game runs about 2 minutes, then freezes. I get an error access code violation and when I click on it to get rid of the message, I get the Twisted Lands message. I also do not have Twisted Lands installed on my game manager. This happened twice in the five minutes I attempted to play the game.

[Post New]by PattyMeeMaw on Apr 16, 14 8:02 PM
rosie28sammy wrote:Same issues as others. Game runs about 2 minutes, then freezes. I get an error access code violation and when I click on it to get rid of the message, I get the Twisted Lands message. I also do not have Twisted Lands installed on my game manager. This happened twice in the five minutes I attempted to play the game.

Same issue for me. Too bad, might have been a fun game.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Apr 16, 14 10:06 PM
PattyMeeMaw wrote:
rosie28sammy wrote:Same issues as others. Game runs about 2 minutes, then freezes. I get an error access code violation and when I click on it to get rid of the message, I get the Twisted Lands message. I also do not have Twisted Lands installed on my game manager. This happened twice in the five minutes I attempted to play the game.

Same issue for me. Too bad, might have been a fun game.

I'm having the same issue as well. I get an error access code violation along with the Twisted Lands message. I too do not have the game Twisted Lands so clearly there's an issue.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 17, 14 6:53 AM
Access violation after 4 minutes. I'm glad I tried before purchasing. Another unplayable game (5th one since December). I hope I have better luck with the new Off the Record. What a disappointment...yet again. Oh, and I got the Twisted Lands message, also.

[Post New]by baglady725 on Apr 18, 14 8:44 AM
I have the same issue as bearnpie and zambonnie. Crashes (first time for me was waiting for the train. started over, and it has crashed several times, with the same message about twisted lands. Very weird.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 18, 14 1:53 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to see that several of you are seeing Access Violations.

These are non-specific errors that can occur for a variety of reasons and I have posted some great troubleshooting steps in the blue link below:

Access Violation

If you are still encountering problems, please contact our Tech Support Team with aDr. Felix Report. One of our Rep can definitely look into that for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Go to: