Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 17, 14 12:35 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/17/2014 at 8:36:38 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 17, 14 7:15 AM
Hint button not working. Both in HO scenes and out, when I press
it, just get response: "Not Yet".

Characters on left in circle: sometimes their lips are moving and
sometimes, just get a blur over their face.

Did try uninstall and reinstall, no improvement.

With no hint button and SG not showing solutions to HOs, used up
all my time in the HO in the bell tower.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 17, 14 8:35 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

dwigs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by dwigs on Apr 17, 14 8:37 AM
Glitches galore!!
Blurred faces in the lower left circle. The heads fade in and out.
Grabbed the bag in the elevator and opened it up to get to the mini-game. Placed all items in the correct spot except the sun. Clicked on the sun to slide into the correct spot and the sun moved over to the boat slider. Now I have a boat and a sun on the same slider.
All of this just 10 minutes into demo. Deleted trial and will wait for a glitch free version. Not sure what is going on with the games lately. What has happened to the quality control Big Fish?

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Jade1953 on Apr 17, 14 8:47 AM
Hint button not working - just says "not yet". Are there a certain number of things to accomplish before you get a "hint"? Faces keep blurring on bottom left. No explanation in SG about HOPs. Distressing because Eipix if one of my favorite devs and it seems this was rolled out with minimal quality control.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 17, 14 9:51 AM
The hint doesn't work for me, either-says "not yet". Faces blurring on the left hand side at the bottom. I sure hope these problems are corrected, soon as this looks like a great game.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Apr 17, 14 10:29 AM
The same thing for me on hint button.I always try them out just to make sure they work.
Also having problem with skip button.I'm on custom setting.I'm at the spot where you are trying to fix your ticket.At frist the fox is grey on the skip button and not working.So I go out and check my settings ,go for casual,go bak in fox is now lit up click on skip button and it says Americans are inpatient.Go back and set up custom again and same thing.Skip time should be 30 secs, I waited a minutue and half and still no skip.So till this is fixed no buy.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Apr 17, 14 10:52 AM
Well my problem with both the skip and hint button is cured.I exited the game went back to game manager,i then started the game again under same profile and back to puzzle after working on it I decided to try skip again and it worked and then I tested the hint button and it nows.Hope this might work for others'

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 17, 14 11:55 AM
I'm in the process of reinstalling right now, but I too am having the same problem as many others. Hint button just quit working, I offered the press pass to the lady in the stand but have nothing else to give her, and the press pass won't go away now. Very frustrating. I would much rather have a game without all the bells and whistles that works! If reinstalling doesn't work, then I will do the CS Dr. Felix thing. I'm still in the demo stage too, BTW.

Abs

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 17, 14 12:55 PM
Hey All,

We appreciate your posts letting us know that the hint button not working properly.

Thank you gamblebug for the information on how you got the hint button to work again. We are still looking into this to pinpoint the cause and we will post in the forums once we have more information.

If you would like to troubleshoot this issue, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to help you out with that.

Thank you!

bfgWendwater

Edited on 04/17/2014 at 1:03:49 PM PST

hopieq
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hopieq on Apr 17, 14 3:28 PM
The map doesn't work. When you zoom the cursor shakes. Not sure if you're suppose to be able to transport. If so it doesn't work. I also elected the option to show active spots which it also doesn't do.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 17, 14 4:06 PM
Lot's of bugs in this one! Unfortunately demo ran out of time just trying to get the dang hint to work! Send in your Dr. Felixes or they will never fix it!

Abs

[Post New]by DebQuinn21 on Apr 17, 14 4:33 PM
I thought I was doing something wrong, but apparently I am having the same problems as everyone else. The hint and skip buttons do not work and faces are blurred. Normally do not have problems with Big Fish games but I am very disappointed!!

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 17, 14 4:34 PM
I can't install OR uninstall. Been working on THAT all day!

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Apr 17, 14 6:44 PM
This game looks promising, but there are way too many glitches in it that need to be fixed before I buy it. Inadequate info that lets us know what we are supposed to be doing. The characters' heads disappearing during dialogue. The camera not working unless you exit and reboot. Some of the games are weird, and don't have adequate instructions. Like the game in the closet that only has 3 of the 6 symbols that are shown. If this stuff was fixed, I would get the game. I enjoy the multiple hidden collectibles.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Hint Button Problems and Something Else

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Apr 17, 14 6:45 PM
I see there are a lot of people having problems with the Hint button. I had the same problem when I was in Custom Difficulty. There did not seem a way to change the time that the Hint button recharged. Anyway, I went to the Casual and it is now working.

I noticed that the three posters that are in the second scene have jumbled letters on them. I wasn't sure if this was on purpose but then after closing and going back in, one of them corrected itself.

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Apr 17, 14 11:57 PM
Howdy and what a great start to the long weekend which has already started down here in Aus... So maybe I should say G'Day

I too had a few missing faces and other problems but forgot to write all these down ready to report them... Although mines was mainly the Fox guys face that was missing, so maybe I'll put that down to his mystery man persona.

I'm hoping that the full version doesn't have as many glitches When I buy it in what I'm hoping will be a huge Easter Sale by Big Fish Hint hint

My hint wasn't working either, and I too was on a custom setting so I went back in and I had turned off the HOP error so I turned it back on to easy and suddenly the helpful hinting fox was working right through to the end of the hour...

So maybe try changing your settings to get it to work?

Also my map didn't show helpful places until I made this change...

The other thing was I found that the Tutorial did not work in the beginning, and when chatting to people there was no click to go to the next bit of talking...

But I'm a HUGE fan of Eipix Entertainment and so I'm sure that if the full game still has bugs they will sort them out soon... No I don't work for them I just love their games... Although Mad Head does seem to be up there on my list too...

I know we recently had an upgrade to our gaming download / playing App thingo (very technical) but apart of me would like a couple additional way of sorting games in it. One would be one where you can sort them in your own choice. At the moment I writing (yes with a pen and paper ) a list of my favs in the order I want to play and replay them)

And the other is to sort them by manufacturer. I would love to sort my Eipix, Elephants, etc. together, sometimes. At the moment I sort the shortcuts into folders of the maker...

Okay so not all Tech Issues but I hope my little input regarding changing the settings helps

Edited on 04/18/2014 at 12:02:42 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 18, 14 12:52 AM
I had all the issues being described here on my Mac. Couldn't fathom whether glitch or just wasn't doing things right.
D/l from Internet a walk through, but it was a virus and now my MBP dead ;
Will try again later on PC as most of my trial was taken up trying to get camera on swan, and after 30 mins ran out of trial hour.

I think this game full of bugs, my mans face kept disappearing and the hint and skip didn't work. Shouldn't have to keep changing settings to get a fame to work.

My MBP running Mavericks and latest OS X. Can't get any other details obviously

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Apr 18, 14 5:57 AM
Problems continue with Eipix games. And this one is no exception. The moment I click on the bell tower button the screen freezes. Hint button - same problem as others. Cant go beyond the bell tower so have no idea what to do!! Any help appreciated. I'm using MacAir with the Maverick OSX.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Apr 18, 14 7:23 AM
I had the same problem with the Hint button on custom mode, then switched to casual and it worked fine. I also had one scene with the disappearing character face.

My biggest problem right now is with the messenger bag in the trap door once you roll the boat out of the garage. I clicked on the note to read it and now can't pick up the bag. That's it. I can't go any further.

This happened with Vista. I will now download the game to Windows 7 to see if it happens again, but this is quite a way into the game. So annoying!!

Go to: