belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Help please with swan in hotel lobby...spoiler!

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 17, 14 2:12 AM
Hi fishies,

I'm totally stuck in the hotel lobby. Put scanner in camera (as per SG), but nothing happens?
Even changed to casual mode, but still no help.
I can't buy the game unless I'm sure it hasn't glitched.
Took half of my trial hour trying to figure it out...

Would appreciate your help, as I was quite enjoying this game :-))

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Help please with swan in hotel lobby...spoiler!

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 17, 14 4:06 AM
Do just like the SG says. Put the camera icon on the little pictures with the owl, anchor, etc... then add your filter, on the right set your arrow to the ship's wheel, adjust your sliders and snap the picture. I had no problem with this what so ever.

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Apr 17, 14 8:48 AM
You need to pick up the camera on the right hand side near the hint button. When you see the two wheels,than add your scanner filter. Even thou you see the camera when you open up the swan game,it will not work until you pick the camera up. Hope this helps.

Edited on 04/17/2014 at 9:12:04 AM PST

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Apr 17, 14 9:28 AM
Belamba, I had the same problem - seems like it took hours to find the answer. I just kept clicking on the swan with the camera only, when it finally took, I could put the scanner filter on it finally, then proceeded to make the picture clear.

Once I finally found where to click the camera on the swan, seemed to go OK. Don't try to use the scanner filter until the camera stabilizes on the swan.

Good luck,
Sable

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 18, 14 12:42 AM
Many thanks for your help. Tried to find a walk through online, stupidly d/l what was supposed to be the right walk through, only to infect my Mac with stuff that's killed the hard drive
When I can get it fixed, I'll give your suggestions a go...

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Apr 18, 14 5:36 AM
As joray says, the important thing is to pick up the camera from the bottom right. I was thrown because when the pointer changed to a camera, I mistakenly thought that was the actual camera. Duh! on me.

Once you've clicked on the camera and it stabilizes on the swan, then you can get the filter from your inventory and then play the little mini-game to get the picture in focus.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 18, 14 8:42 AM
Thank you Sablesshadow...

I did try using camera in corner, but when I clicked on the filter it dropped both again.

Didn't know it had to stabilise first though....dah.

My Mac being fixed right now, so when I get it back looking forwards to buying this game as I rather liked it!

Why do people put stuff on the Internet just to ruin ones computers? Like to send them the bill )

poidog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by poidog on Apr 20, 14 12:52 PM
I'm having the same problem. I picked up the camera on the right and have clicked on what must be every single pixel on that swan's chest. I peered at the guide for what must have been 10 minutes to see if the pic it had gave any clues on where the right click point was. (It didn't.) Then I used the hint button several times tried to click only in the area of the scribbly circle. Still no luck. If one of you who have made it past this challenge could give a bit more description as to where you clicked that would be wonderful. I've spent nearly an hour thrashing on this thing and never end up in the right place. (And I recruited two friends to try and they couldn't find the right spot either.) HELP, PLEASE..... *going down with the ship*

Janeport
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Janeport on Apr 20, 14 10:45 PM
I found that if I clicked on the camera then clicked on the swan and then click back onto the camera then what I assume is a camera lense appears on the screen.

Once you get this then you can add the filter.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by Parrotfish on Jun 14, 14 10:59 AM
The reason we're all having problems, is because when you click on the swan, the camera is already there! Then you try to add the filter and it won't stay.

The solution is to open the swan, then go to the bottom right hand side of the screen near the hint button and click on the camera. Bring the camera to the swan, then add the filter. It works!

Go to: