High Score

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

High Score

[Post New]by gerl2 on Apr 17, 14 6:26 AM
How in the world do you score above 294,000? I am more determined to get high score their has got to be a catch? I noticed the timer keeps ticking at least 3 seconds after you have clicked on all your objects...too heck with the levels, eggs, crafting I want to make it to 294,000. LOLLL I think this game has driven me into insanity.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

Re:High Score

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Apr 17, 14 6:34 AM
Those high scores are from BEFORE the March 10 update. It was a simpler time then. The good olde days, when pets got fed and no one had even heard of the "Bow Figurine". When the high scores actually meant something and it was possible to get over 293,000. If you are "too young" to remember that time, the glory days, just look and those scores and dream of a new update that fixes the issue.

Parell
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Parell on Apr 17, 14 6:53 AM
I still very occasionally make it to 294,000 on some of the more straightforward HOS, so it is possible, but you need to finish in not much above 20 seconds. These are the same times that got me mid to high 295,000s (my best is 295,810) before the update. It's very annoying not being able to keep competing for high scores! I'd be happy if they reset all the scores, even if it meant deleting ones I already had, just to create a level playing field.

(Also - I assume that one of the reasons my scores are quite high is because not everyone uses a touchscreen computer, which obviously gives a big advantage.)

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 17, 14 7:02 AM
Parell,
Thanks for solving the mystery for me! My highest score was high 294s when everything fell into place and I just couldn't figure how anybody could be clicking faster. Not clicking is how to do it! I still can't understand how anybody can play on an Ipad and be able to see the items much less click on the right pixel. I feel much better now.

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Apr 17, 14 7:13 AM
OMG Thank you for putting this to rest, the highest I could click was 293,520. Gee if I could only delete those 2 friends high scores, my clicking finger could rest. Oh Please Fix at least one of these problems.

Parell
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Parell on Apr 17, 14 9:58 AM
293,520 is very good going, with how things are at the moment.

I still can't work out how the scoring is done, though - if I clear two different HOS in exactly the same time with 23x multiplier, I often get very different scores...

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Apr 17, 14 9:59 AM
I have over 295000 on most of the HOS prior to the new update but I do not use a touch screen all by just clicking, Highest on the 4 new ones now is in the tent I did get just barely above 293000. I can get over 293000 on all of the old ones, except maybe the Mirrors as I dont even try to get them all in one string. I was also very disappointed with the new timer after the update. These HOS get very boring and being able to try and beat your last high score was at least something to strive for. I would also like for them to either take the multiplier/timer back to what it was or reset the scores and start fresh. It just made no sense to me why they ever changed it in the first place!!!

Edited on 04/17/2014 at 9:59:57 AM PST

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Apr 18, 14 3:48 AM
I have not been able to figure out the scoring either. I noticed you will get 25?,000....27?,000...29?,000. I am beginning to believe they take the two first scores some how and average that out before you go into trying to beat the high score???

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Apr 18, 14 4:34 AM
Hey everyone. I have Petr as one of my friends. He has a high score on the Belfry of 913,000. Something's fishy.

Parell
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Parell on Apr 18, 14 4:44 AM
913,000?!

That's un..possible.

Are you sure it isn't 91,300 (I only say that because it would be about right if he'd only opened the scene to the 5 or 10 minute-recharge mark)? If not, something went very wrong indeed

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 18, 14 4:49 AM
The gold bar at the top left keeps track of how much longer you have to click on your next item. The faster you click, the more points you get for that item. The counter goes up by 1000 point each time you click before the bar runs out, then it clears back to 1000 and starts over. So, your first click is worth 1000, your second is worth 2000 if you click right before the bar clears. If you click when the bar is full (right away after your previous click) you actually get 3000 points on your second item. How much you get for the item depends on how far the bar has cleared, if it's halfway you'd get 2500 points. If you miss clicking on an item before the bar runs out, you can forget about a high score because you've just lost all the multiplier from your previous items. And on top of that, you have to be able to click on the last 2-3 items in under a second because they've sped up the timer. Try to leave several easily clicked on items in the same area of the screen for the last so you have a better chance to get them all at once.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 18, 14 4:51 AM
BTW, Petr1 is also at level 360, also impossible. Just one of the devs playing with our minds. He does send nice gifts, though

Parell
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Parell on Apr 18, 14 5:07 AM
Oh, thanks Rosiebvt! All very useful to know x

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Apr 18, 14 5:34 AM
are the high scores for anything except bragging rights?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 18, 14 6:12 AM
maggiefromOK2 wrote:are the high scores for anything except bragging rights?

Nope, good thing too. My mouse hand isn't getting any younger

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Apr 18, 14 7:09 AM
Hey Parell. 913,000 is Petr's high score. I don't think anyone can score that high.

[Post New]by ScottyMac4115 on Apr 21, 14 5:17 AM
This is all very interesting. I am on level 21 now and can't seem to get any high scores anymore. Now I know why. I tried to beat the system by using 4 wands but ended up with a score of 53,000 :-(. I guess I will just ignore the high scores for now until they fix the "update".

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Apr 21, 14 7:23 PM
I'm actually wondering whether the size of screen or screen resolution you have makes a difference. My laptop will only use two resolutions, one I never use, and the other one is such that the screen view in many of my BFG games is less than the full screen size (black panels down each side) and the list at the bottom only shows six items at a time, and I wonder if this is normal?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 21, 14 8:08 PM
As far as the list only showing 6 items, that is normal. I think it's to further delay us by limiting which items we can click on to collect so we have to go frantically searching back and forth, up and down, just to miss the 22nd one because it was hidden behind the sparkly bats until the timer ran down.

[Post New]by SuperHam86 on Jun 13, 14 3:51 PM
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I have managed to get even higher scores after the update, so my "system" must be working.

It's all about visual strategy; because of the time it takes for items/sparkles to clear from the list, and new items to appear, you have to prioritise between searching the image, and reading the list.
What I do is always begin with reading the first two, leftmost items, locate them, and while I click them, I read the middle two items from the list, and while I click those, I read the two rightmost items, and then by the time i look at the (new) two leftmost items again, the sparkles have gone, and are not 'in the way'.
This "method" of course requires a bit of luck/"discipline", and that one does not panic when items are not immediately found. But when you've played each scene a few times, you kind of learn the 4-5 various places each item might be.

Anyway, i don't even know if this makes sense to anyone, but I find it easy to get high scores, if I do this consistently, so I just wanted to share...

Happy gaming

Go to: