JillyAnna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

dumb question # ?

[Post New]by JillyAnna on Apr 17, 14 1:23 PM
Since I can not afford to buy coins, relics, artifacts, etc. is there really any
sense in even playing this game? I understand most of the game but I
figured why not ask, any way. I enjoy playing and moving up to another
level is fun, gifting neighbors, etc.

thanks

J a

Re:dumb question # ?

[Post New]by Texasmidnightsky on Apr 17, 14 1:42 PM
what level are you? do you fill your wish list? this game can be played albeit slowly with out being able to use crystals but you do get free crystals every time you level up, go thru the runes, each chest in the far left corner give you 5 crystals, once a week the gazebo will gift you with a strawberry jam (gives you full energy and crystals and best of all once a day you get to spin 3 times free in the lottery...i just got 12 crystals, a chest and 10 of those red pearl thingys. so you dont have to spend money to get crystals. take your time, go crazy going thru all the rooms over and over cuz you get all kinds of items you need..make sure you visit your nbrs everyday cuz you get coins and x/ps which move your level up...and of course you get crystals when you level up. most of the new rooms require coinage to buy the key but if you visit every day and go thru the rooms etc your coining will climb fast. hope this helps i would just say..have patience

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Apr 17, 14 5:01 PM
As another new person that just started playing and cannot afford to spend real money on this game. I will say that things really changed for me after I did the following things.

First I posted my neighbor code in the thread and went through and picked out codes and sent invites to get neighbors.

Second I played the Mayan runes and saved up every crystal until I could spend it on a VIP account. I play those runes twice to 3 times each day.

Getting lots of neighbors gave me coins and xp points plus all the fabulous gifts they sent which enabled me to keep leveling up. The higher your level the greater your energy level.

The VIP account cut recharging time in half and gives you a bonus on the amount of coins and xp points you earn every time you play.

Finally I read the playing tips thread at the top of the forum and started following a lot of the advice there. I'm having lots of fun and all without spending any of the extra money I don't currently have.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Apr 17, 14 5:21 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:As another new person that just started playing and cannot afford to spend real money on this game. I will say that things really changed for me after I did the following things.

First I posted my neighbor code in the thread and went through and picked out codes and sent invites to get neighbors.

Second I played the Mayan runes and saved up every crystal until I could spend it on a VIP account. I play those runes twice to 3 times each day.

Getting lots of neighbors gave me coins and xp points plus all the fabulous gifts they sent which enabled me to keep leveling up. The higher your level the greater your energy level.

The VIP account cut recharging time in half and gives you a bonus on the amount of coins and xp points you earn every time you play.

Finally I read the playing tips thread at the top of the forum and started following a lot of the advice there. I'm having lots of fun and all without spending any of the extra money I don't currently have.

Good for you Clash I knew I had a good neighbor when someone works the game like you have.

Edited on 04/17/2014 at 5:24:50 PM PST

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 17, 14 5:49 PM
If you can afford the 4000 coins, the strong energy talisman is another fast way to gain experience.

Playing strategically helps. When you finish a task, instead of clicking on it right away to gain the bonus, I often leave them sitting with the accept reward on the left side. Accepting them at times that will benefit you to level up is a way to gain all of the benefits energy usage.

It does take time starting out. I spent a lot of mine dueling while waiting for the time to give me enough energy to play another room.

If you do spend real money two tips. 1) Try to wait for the triple coin to get the most jewels for your dollar. I don't recommend spending real money on coins as they replenish fast enough with time and feeding the neighbors dragons, neighbors creatures and playing the runes as previously mentioned. 2) Have a VIP as you also get more jewels offered with the Mayan coin. There are three seen thus far, regular coin, double and triple. With the triple coin and VIP you can purchase approx. 4000 jewels for $100. There is another thread on the breakdown buried somewhere in forum land.....

Good luck, have patience and have fun!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 17, 14 5:59 PM
After thought... Do a cost analysis when purchasing and using items.

Example, when you have limited creature food items (example, red buttons), only feed the neighbors creatures that give you 100 gold.

Do purchase ghosts and ghouls food as you acquire dragon food which helps tremendously when assisting neighbors expeditions.

Do purchase the creature food for your screen with gold when you have extra. I feed those creatures as often as I can which helps clear a screen when you have limited summoning scrolls. As you play through quests, look at what creature will give you the charge after you assemble the artifact. Then when you have that screen of creatures (like special offers, dryads, lions, etc) you will hopefully have acquired the items to feed them and wont need a scroll or to waste jewels at the last minute.

Do purchase the strong energy talisman. Even when you go off line, you still gain the energy faster. Play, leave your energy stores low, and when you get back on you will have enough energy to play through again and hopefully level up or be close enough you can accept a couple of stored completed tasks or assemble an artifact to get you to level up and keep on playing.

Strategically assembling artifacts is another good way to level up and earn coinage.

lanimur
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by lanimur on Apr 17, 14 7:17 PM
Hi JillyAnna, all this advice is extremely good. Many people have played this game to very high levels without spending a cent.

I started a second account 19 days ago, will be spending no money on it, have used all the strategies mentioned above, have reached level 38, have over 60 neighbours and increasing, did last week's Offer and expect to finish this week's as well. I have the advantage of knowing the game well & most new players wouldn't be able to progress as quickly as I have done but it shows what can be done without spending money.

This game has no end. I've been playing my original account for 6 months and there is still heaps for me to do. It's not a competition, everyone progresses at their own pace & works on the parts they enjoy most - it is a complex game with something for everyone and harder to learn than most games -but great fun no matter how you choose to play.

The biggest attribute you need is patience - it doesn't matter if it takes you longer than the next person to get going. It's like a snowball, as you level up your maximum energy increases and you can do more. My biggest problem now is trying to limit the amount of time I spend on it! Can play literally for hours on end & have lost lots of sleep doing just that!

If you need more neighbours, send me a PM here in the forum and I'll give you both of my codes. I'm always very happy to help new players as are everyone else here in the Forum.

Good luck!

PS 6 months ago I felt just like you. I started the game, had no idea what it was about and gave up for several weeks. I came back to it after discovering this Forum and haven't looked back!

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Apr 17, 14 7:31 PM
Gosh, this is all great advice! When I began this game, I crossed my heart and promised I would NEVER spend my hard earned real money. It was so tempting during the level 70's doldrums but patience was rewarded. THEN, somewhere after level 100, in the midst of completing my first offer, I was so worried that I'd never get the dragon fed, (panic attack) that I fixed a strong drink and used real money to buy food. That food is still sitting in my backpack awaiting a future panic attack, I guess. Oh, fool! Play slowly, at your own pace, and keep reading the forum. Like lanimur, if you want a new neighbor PM me. Lanimur, by the way, is a great neighbor to have.

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Apr 17, 14 7:32 PM
PS - Texas, clm, and that faery lady are wonderful neighbors too! I would not be having as much fun in this game without them!

lanimur
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by lanimur on Apr 17, 14 7:56 PM
thurber wrote:Gosh, this is all great advice! When I began this game, I crossed my heart and promised I would NEVER spend my hard earned real money. It was so tempting during the level 70's doldrums but patience was rewarded. THEN, somewhere after level 100, in the midst of completing my first offer, I was so worried that I'd never get the dragon fed, (panic attack) that I fixed a strong drink and used real money to buy food. That food is still sitting in my backpack awaiting a future panic attack, I guess. Oh, fool! Play slowly, at your own pace, and keep reading the forum. Like lanimur, if you want a new neighbor PM me. Lanimur, by the way, is a great neighbor to have.

Thank you for that lovely comment, Thurber!!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 18, 14 2:29 AM
Shucks Thurber!

I am around level 130. Can't seem to log in right now. I agree with Thurber about not rushing. I have not completed the Valley, or all of the major quests. I slowed down when I realized per the forum that with Japan not open there is a point of boredom. Also with my current work schedule I only have time to gift daily, and play the runes boards. So when I do jump back in I will be loaded!!!! Financially as well as possibly making that stiff drink and relaxing with Thurber!

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Apr 18, 14 6:45 AM
Hi JilliAnna,

It is quite hard at first to get gold and crystals and everything else, but like other players here have said, this is a game of patience, gradually it will get easier.

The more neighbours you have, the more benefits you will have, but too many neighbours might be tricky to manage, and quite time consuming to visit & gift every day, so you have to find a balance that works for you.

Make sure that you do click all your neighbours'dragons/creatures that are on the Runes window when you first log in, for gold and experience points (might seem obvious advice but i know of new players who didnt know what the page was about and hence ignored it).
Bear in mind that when your neighbours have Expeditions help requests, the Expeditions window takes over the Runes window, so you need to switch to the Runes tab.
Also every so often whilst you're playing, refresh the game (reload the page) as there might be more dragon feeding requests coming through.

I find that lots and lots of requests come through when the game's new 24-hr cycle begins (for me it's at 9.00pm BST): i get 12 pages or so of requests, so lots of gold and XP points to be made! and i refresh the game after 20 mins or so, and there's a few more
hope this helps a little

JillyAnna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by JillyAnna on Apr 18, 14 9:31 AM
Hi there every one
hey thanks for all the great info, yes I will be patient and keep on
my path. I am level 33 almost to 34, so that's not too bad, eh?

yes I have been losing zzz's too by playing so much

the Easter eggs are fun to get I have some Reds and a yellow
bow.

thanks nice peoples,
Jillyanna

Go to: