DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

Soda sale pop up after update, click the pop-up to get it.

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 18, 14 8:11 AM
I updated last night and this morning got a soda sale pop up. You must click the pop up to take advantage of the soda sale (like last time) this gives you 50% more free. If you just go to the normal place to buy sodas it is not there.

Came at a great time because i just purchased the new doggie which used 130 sodas I like him as he finds the bunnies for me while I will be at work (by taking him for a walk) and I like the soda sale because any % for free is a good thing!

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Soda sale pop up after update, click the pop-up to get it.

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Apr 18, 14 8:51 AM
Does anyone know if it pops up again? I must have clicked something wrong because it took me to buy 1 soda

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 18, 14 8:57 AM
It popped up at least twice for me before I decided to take the bait.

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Apr 18, 14 11:01 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll keep playing and see.

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Apr 18, 14 11:14 AM
It popped up again after I had everyone busy doing something. I guess I didn't click on the wrong thing though. It was only $1.39 for a lot of sodas, can't remember the exact amount.

sharilm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sharilm on Apr 18, 14 2:45 PM
I just had it pop up again after I finished a quest with someone. I did click on it and it went to the purchase screen but the promotion and the amount on the checkout screen did not match so I canceled it.

Moderator, do you know what is up with that?

Thanks!

Shari

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 18, 14 5:15 PM
I just had the same one as this morning pop up again for 50% extra on the one that usually costs $9.99 but being a club member we pay $6.99. I said oh heck ya!

gamemom
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by gamemom on Apr 18, 14 5:55 PM
Mine didn't give me the 9.99 deal I got the diet soda for 1.99 and it gave me just over 200 sodas (not sure of the exact count I didn't know my start # ).

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 18, 14 6:15 PM
gamemom I am thinking there are 2 different deals, and it says This Weekend Only or something about for the weekend so we might get several pop-ups over the weekend.
I am going to score while the going is good lol

[Post New]by flameglimmer on Apr 18, 14 9:18 PM
Mine gave a bonus for buying the soda float and when I clicked on it, the store cart had a diet soda. So I didn't buy it. I have enough sodas anyway, really.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 19, 14 12:07 AM
I have gotten 4 separate offers for the Soda Float with 50% more free so far. I wonder if offers will cont all weekend. That's a lot of sodas!

GalaxieBleu
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by GalaxieBleu on Apr 19, 14 12:09 AM
Well darn. Haven't had one pop up yet. Wonder why not.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 19, 14 12:24 AM
Have you logged out? I get one every time I log back in so far. AND close the game manager.

Edited on 04/19/2014 at 12:24:26 AM PST

GalaxieBleu
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by GalaxieBleu on Apr 19, 14 2:22 AM
DivaDoodle wrote:Have you logged out? I get one every time I log back in so far. AND close the game manager.

Yes, still nothing. I may log out again soon and see if the frequency helps.

[Post New]by flameglimmer on Apr 19, 14 5:12 AM
I get the offer every time I spend a soda.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 19, 14 6:27 AM
I get it every time I don't spend a soda--e.g., when I click the gold checkmark to set a task going w/ the currently selected character, which bypasses the alluring opportunity to Spin the Bottle!

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 19, 14 9:11 AM
I wish the sale was just how the other free to play games have a sale, Just put it in the soda tab for a limited amount of time. That way everyone gets the same chance to get it and the game doesn't get interrupted with the pop-up.

I got another pop up this morning when I logged in, so for me it is triggered in my game with logging in. Isn't that weird that we all have different triggers for the pop-up and GalaxieBleu doesn't even get one, that sux.

GalaxieBleu you should make a support ticket complaint to BFG using the pull down option ACCOUNTING I think it's called, and you might get a more immediate answer/help, also indicate in the text part that you feel you are not being treated fairly as all the others playing are. (Because that is true!)

[Post New]by Margoo1977 on Apr 19, 14 3:09 PM
I believe I have the same issue that Gamemom was talking about.

I was offered the same 50% bonus on the soda float for 9.99 (not including the game membership discount) but when I clicked on the banner to buy it, I was instead told the price would be 1.39, and if I counted correctly, I was given 185 sodas. Figuring it might have been a fluke since it was on Thursday and not quite the weekend I tried again today (Saturday), and got the same result.

If this doesn't fix itself, is there some way to take advantage of the sale before it ends this weekend?

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 19, 14 4:42 PM
Margoo, Granted that is not the deal that they were offering but $1.39 usually buys 50 sodas.
adding 50% to that would give you 75 sodas. to get 185 sodas for $1.39 well i can't even do the math on that but it is maybe getting 275% more? I wish I would get the deal you did hehe I would buy 10 bucks worth!

but yeah you could make a support ticket to accounting indicating that the pop up deal did not give you what it stated. You can also tell Gogii directly on facebook, just google 'archie riverdale rescue on facebook'

[Post New]by Margoo1977 on Apr 19, 14 5:04 PM
I never thought of it that way - it kind of is like complaining about getting a better deal isn't it?

I guess I was just so focused on getting the deal offered, I wasn't really paying attention to the deal at hand.

Thanks for your reply.

Go to: