athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Argh Final Level

[Post New]by athene72 on Mar 23, 09 9:02 AM
Not that impressed with this game. You can get all the upgrades with the first few levels then it gets rather repetative.

Anyway paid for it so decided to finish. Stuck on last level and it is really getting on my nerves. Any suggestions?

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

Argh Final Level

[Post New]by Momhart on Mar 23, 09 3:56 PM
athene72 wrote:Not that impressed with this game. You can get all the upgrades with the first few levels then it gets rather repetative.

Anyway paid for it so decided to finish. Stuck on last level and it is really getting on my nerves. Any suggestions?

I read this earlier and I wasn't sure how you could think anything about this game is difficult....until I got to the end!!! Holy crap!!

I don't know how to finish this and am pulling out my hair!! The only thing I can say is, you can hit 2 at once if you're lucky. I haven't been yet!! UGH!!!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Re:Argh Final Level

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Mar 24, 09 8:05 AM
Hello fishies!

The last level is a real toughie - it's best to approach it fully knowing that it won't be completed within the first couple of tries.

Once you get the hang of it, always be on the lookout for the shields. Whenever a shield pops up, click on it first, then attempt to click any available attacks (the fire attack being the strongest). It's super hard (I literally beat him with only a sliver of life source left) but possible with perseverance!

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Jacqwa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jacqwa on Mar 24, 09 8:56 PM
I agree - All levels seem to be realitively easy and upgrading, if you can figure all of it out, is too easy - but last battle in cave is ridiculous - Can hit both at same time - shield hardly ever appears = neither does the red fire attack - have been thru the final cave thing at least a dozen times under 2 different game names - same results - that gets very boring and frustrating after a bit - Otherwise - I think is great game - but there definitely needs to be more qualifying and better exdplanations to the game!

kit1717
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kit1717 on Mar 25, 09 12:21 PM
I agree. Since I have poor eye-hand coordination, I tend to pick games that give me a long time to respond. This game was OK until I reached the final level where I have to quickly click on the symbols. I doubt I will ever be able to do this if people with normal eye-hand coordination are finding it hard to do.

Is there a way to give the game creators feedback? (Hopefully, they will read this forum.) It is disappointing to get to the final level and then have the required skill set (great eye-hand coordination) suddenly different than was required throughout the rest of the game. The game designers might want to know that this feels a bit like "bait and switch" to some of us customers.

Even though I purchased the game, I have decided to uninstall it without finishing it. There are lots of other fun games out there, so I am letting this one go.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 03/25/2009 at 12:22:10 PM PST

katie888
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by katie888 on Mar 25, 09 5:00 PM
UGH! Does everybodys curser "float"? Mine does and I have a hard time controlling it. How can you get two squares? I liked the game untill the "Cave". How can you win aginst the computer?

[Post New]by MsDahling on Mar 27, 09 6:00 PM
My son and I both played the game. On his third try, he defeated the other ship in the cave. Suffice to say, I'm not as fast as him, so I am stuck on the last level. Really enjoyed it up until then. I will go back and do as the moderator suggested, but since I'm slow, it probably won't be enough.

redburn1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by redburn1 on Mar 28, 09 1:38 PM
i beat the ship in the cave on my second try, it was quite easy!! The game isnt as long as i expected so am a bit disappointed in that, but i will def play this again.

[Post New]by Torch2 on Mar 30, 09 8:41 PM
I loved this game! I was dissapointed that the upgrades ended so quickly, but it was really fun. The last level was not hard if you play it like this...You have to click fast, only click the shield, fire and maybe triple cannons . You will win faster if you can click fire more than once. If 2 fire symbols appear, click them both or 3 however many you can get, It really takes the other ship down fast. Thats where the quick clicking comes in.
My problem is I have finished the game and still missing 5 talismen, anyone know how to get them all? I have all the awards, just not all the talismen.

[Post New]by mom0five on Apr 2, 09 2:24 PM
Am I supposed to be clicking on all 6 choices or just the 3 on the left with my ship? A few more directions would be nice.

[Post New]by ahamon69 on Apr 12, 09 9:54 AM
It seems inconsistent, to answer your question. Sometimes if I click on a fire sign on my right it shows me attacking enemy, other times, it shows enemy attacking me. So I tried just clicking what is on the left, or just clicking the most valuable piece. sometimes 2nd or 3rd click does not seem to count at all. still wasting an hour a day trying to beat this one.

if you have all the upgrades like I do, and lots of spare cash and experience points, why can't we go back to the island and shore up for this battle?

I may pull out all my hair before I ever finish, and leaving the game unfinished is not an option for some people!
Angela

[Post New]by rhondacat2002 on Apr 14, 09 11:57 AM
Sometimes when I hit the fire sign, I hit the enemy. Other times, the enemy hits me. Am I only supposed to hit every other "pop-up" or try for every one , or just the ones on the left side? I seem to "die" almost immediately and my enemy doesn't even have a scratch!!

[Post New]by rhondacat2002 on Apr 14, 09 1:19 PM
FINALLY!!!

It took about an hour or more, but... If you are using a laptop, use a regular mouse. Every time your choices come up hit a fireball or a shield or multi ball(in that order) amd stay away from the skull and crossbones; always go for your 1st choice 1st and try for anything else on the 2nd click(if you get a 3rd choice consider yourself a genius) Sometimes it is just the luck of the draw that your cursor is close to a good hit. Good luck!

You CAN Beat the Final Level

[Post New]by luceylou on May 19, 09 2:51 PM
I agree the final level is a doozy, but it can be beat! The trick is to keep getting the shield and shoot fire as often as they come up. I also noticed that sometimes when you click on any of the 3 right boxes, the enemy gets it, not you. So I won by clicking shield whenever it came up and clicking the fire. It took me only about 20 tries but I finally won in the end. Good lucks, mates!

[Post New]by petitpoisson on Oct 1, 09 9:16 AM
My trick was keep your mouse in the middle, slighty to the left and below the graphics (like a soccer goalie). Focus in the middle and bounce first on the Shield, the Fire ball or anything good (three balls) if nothing else is available. Avoid the skulls (of course). And whatever you DON'T pick your adversary will throw at you, so go for the Flame first if it's available otherwise your sure to get it, unless you have a shield (good for couple rounds only).

Keep on pirating

[Post New]by iampeacewalker on Jan 18, 11 9:30 AM
I truly enjoy this game except the final battle.
It is the reason why I bought a faster mouse...lol
I have beaten it just once in the almost year I have had the game ...practice
hasnt helped me...but...I can play the rest of the levels no problems...its a geat game

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Jan 18, 11 7:04 PM
I just had my daughter finish this for me as I couldn't click fast enough and I did want to finish the story. She was able to get up to three clicks on a turn, so finished off the other ship.

It was an interesting point that what you don't get is thrown at you and if you don't get the shield, the other ship gets it.

[Post New]by Dwshasta on Feb 16, 11 1:31 AM
I have to agree with the others. The last battle is impossible with my hand eye coordination or lack thereof. I really enjoyed the game up to that point. Three days of trying to beat it and I am calling it quits. That part is no longer fun. It would be nice to have the option to fight the final battle as a strategy or speed test. Then those of us with better brain power than hand eye coordination could have fun at the end too.

I have to say the music rocked.

Go to: