The Cyclops

[Post New]by allgames1234 on Apr 19, 14 12:28 PM
HELP THE CYCLOPS IS REALLY HARD I NEED HELP WHAT DO I DO!!?!?!?!?!?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:The Cyclops

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Apr 21, 14 2:28 PM
It really depends on who is in your party & their levels. Personally, I don't like to have Nicolas in my party. Nicolas has lots of Healing & Shield Spells but no good Attack Spells. I go through Toad Stump Marsh to Bogwood & get Gavin to join my party before fighting the Cyclops. Gavin has much better Attack Spells & by going through Toad Stump Marsh twice plus completing the Side Quest in Bogwood, you'll gain a few levels. The downside is that Nicolas will leave & go home if you let Gavin join the party but I prefer strong fighters over healers.

If you want to find Toad Stump Marsh go back to where you enter Graystone Pass then go South then East then exit through a small gap in the southern cliff.

HTH

[Post New]by pinkgum812 on Apr 21, 14 5:42 PM
Thanks just 1 more thing though what spells should Gavin have? What do you think is the best? He is still hard.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Apr 30, 14 9:25 AM
There is a witch in Bogwood who sells Spells & Scrolls. I always bought all the Dark Magic Spells & let Gavin learn them. You should also buy some Plague Scrolls. You can access the Plague Scrolls from the Battle Menu by choosing Items & anyone in your party can give the enemy the Plague. While the enemy has the Plague his HP will drop every round.

It's also important that you use the Beast Transfigurine to turn Ian into a Beast before fighting the Cyclops then Ian can use his Claw Attack Skill which is much stronger than a Standard Attack.

Gavin's Decompose Spell should help, too.

HTH

Go to: