temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

Easter Decorations Look Nice

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 20, 14 12:03 AM
Apparently geared to midnight.

Nothing like blood thirsty rabbits (night view). Don't see any new attractions or walkers yet though.

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 12:09:23 AM PST

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

Re:Easter Decorations Look Nice

[Post New]by Deegb on Apr 20, 14 12:24 AM
I think the new look is gorgeously creepy, and we didn't have to buy it! What a nice surprise - thanks BF and devs!

quiet5
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by quiet5 on Apr 20, 14 12:47 AM
my lawn seems to need some watering tho...

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 20, 14 12:54 AM
I agree, it does look parched.

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Apr 20, 14 1:42 AM
Deegb wrote:I think the new look is gorgeously creepy, and we didn't have to buy it! What a nice surprise - thanks BF and devs!

Ditto

[Post New]by Accordeonfreak on Apr 20, 14 1:58 AM
The easterbunny really came to Dark Manor this morning. Love the decorations!
Happy Easter everybody!

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 20, 14 3:47 AM
Nice - I am at my in-laws and don't want to load Dark Manor onto their computer and try logging onto a different device.. So hopefully I will see the decorations when I get home tonight.. I wanted to check to make sure I didn't miss a 1 day only treasure hunt.. But I am sure If I miss the lawn decorations, I can see some pictures on facebook later.. (given peoples accounts of getting virus from facebook users borrowing their computer, I will not risk a peek at facebook on my MIL's computer.

The lawn always looked patchy in places.. So what is with the comments about the lawn.. Did they put down some Easter grass? Do people who have every inch of their lawn filled with items see anything different with their lawns?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 20, 14 3:56 AM
I like the Easter decorations! Although I always prefer them to be on the manor only (like the Mardi Gras ones), and not on the forested areas, where they are usually excessive. Luckily my grounds are now fully expanded, so I can't see much of the surrounding area. The colors are good and the large bunny and half eaten choc bunny ears protruding from the bushes are pleasantly silly. But what's with the spider web and the brownish ground reminiscent of Halloween?

And there is nothing else so far. Again, a matter of priorities. A scavenger hunt or even a new walker would be much better. Maybe they are coming later- like, next year?

Anyway, thanks, BFG!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 20, 14 4:12 AM
moosetracker wrote:The lawn always looked patchy in places.. So what is with the comments about the lawn.. Did they put down some Easter grass? Do people who have every inch of their lawn filled with items see anything different with their lawns?

My grounds are relatively full and I don't see that much of a difference- it's just a pale brownish green grass which makes the grounds look busier and some items with an untrimmed fiinish (at the base) stand out more. I visited people with lots of empty space and the change there is more obvious. Overall, it's even worse than Halloween's.

ETA: I always thought that many of the earlier items have a very bad or nonexistent trimming at the base which is a uniform tufty brown square. The snow made the worst contrast in that respect, but even with this brownish decor they stand out like a sore thumb.

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 4:32:41 AM PST

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Apr 20, 14 4:17 AM
The decorations are pretty wild. I like the water at the base of the land plots when they do that.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 20, 14 4:25 AM
what fun! Thanks BFG for the Easter surprise! LOL

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Apr 20, 14 4:30 AM
ooh .... the Easter demons came overnight! by day they are very sweet bunnies and eggs, though the lawn could use watering. Perhaps the spring rains will take care of that. Love the deliciously spooky bunny.

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Apr 20, 14 4:38 AM
The lawn looks kind of mossy this year.

upthkazo2
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by upthkazo2 on Apr 20, 14 4:45 AM
Thanks for the Easter surprise! Those of you who asked got your chocolate bunny.

I am still waiting for some walkers/items to buy that I don't already have, and some land to put them on.
Happy Easter to you all.

upthkazo2

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Apr 20, 14 4:57 AM
just noticed the easter basket at the left lower corner of the mansion turns into a shark by night ..... and what is that in the shark's mouth? Is it a little yellow chick?

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Apr 20, 14 6:15 AM
Like the decorations on the manor itself. Not too crazy about the sick-looking lawn. Looking at it makes me slightly nauseous.

ac5kat43
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by ac5kat43 on Apr 20, 14 7:17 AM
Just noticed that in night view, the easter basket at the right side of the mansion turns into dynamite with 01:00 time on it. So maybe at 1:00 pst this afternoon, we will get a surprise???

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 20, 14 7:30 AM
ac5kat43 -- Remaining optimistic ... Well I hope if there is a 1pm pst surprise (4pm eastern time) you don't have to be in your game at that exact time to witness it.. I will be on the road returning home. Others who hit that time a 1 or 2 pm will probably be sitting down for the Easter dinner.

I wonder why so tightly timed this holiday.. I know the Easter bunny visits on Easter morn, but Santa comes on Christmas eve, and Christmas decorations and goodies were not timed to midnight Christmas eve..

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 7:32:58 AM PST

zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on Apr 20, 14 9:08 AM
Am I playing a different game to nearly everyone else? Logged in today to find my Manor changed, & not for the better!

Weirdly-proportioned rabbits randomly scattered in bushes & trees, & the lawn a manky brown, instead of the lush green it should be in the verdant Spring.

WTH happened?

Am tempted to spend gold on a re-paint but I'm not sure that will get rid of the skankiness

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Apr 20, 14 9:08 AM
I thought all those rabbits must have eaten my lawn, LOL.
The funniest thing about the decor is that one of the plots we can't buy has over-laid my tall robot. All I can see is his shoes. He still works though.
Happy Easter everyone!

Go to: