jigsnwigs
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

peeling potatoes v. marinating spare ribs

[Post New]by jigsnwigs on Apr 20, 14 4:42 AM
Dear Developer:
Why is it almost impossible to peel 3 potatoes in time allotted, but 4 spare ribs can be marinated with 15 seconds left on clock?

marmieduke
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:peeling potatoes v. marinating spare ribs

[Post New]by marmieduke on Apr 21, 14 12:39 PM
I used to have problems peeling the 3 potatoes, but now I have 6 seconds spare most of the time.
The trick is to hold on to the peeler, not to let go as when you do cuts with the knife. If you hold it and move rapidly over the potato, you should be able to peel all 3 with time to spare.

Hope this helps

banrion7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by banrion7 on Apr 21, 14 5:32 PM
marmieduke wrote:I used to have problems peeling the 3 potatoes, but now I have 6 seconds spare most of the time.
The trick is to hold on to the peeler, not to let go as when you do cuts with the knife. If you hold it and move rapidly over the potato, you should be able to peel all 3 with time to spare.

Hope this helps

you are awesome thank you!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Apr 22, 14 10:05 PM
I just yesterday made the spareribs as a quest. I was so sure it was going to be some insanely difficult task, I almost lost due to sitting there trying to figure out if painting them with sauce was really all that was required!

Oh how I hate the potatoes. I've found it much easier and much less stress on the wrist to do those anything with a touch screen (i,e, phone, laptop, etc.).

I can now do them with three seconds left using a mouse. I do as Marmieduke suggests, with one difference: I cut them diagonally from top right to bottom left, never letting go of the mouse button. For some reason, straight up & down just doesn't work for me.

Good Luck!

Go to: