ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Reviews of Spring Time Event

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Apr 20, 14 6:59 AM
All in all, I really enjoyed this event. I was able to accumulate a lot of gold, keepsakes, coins, and food. This will keep me going for a good while. And I must admit, I do like the arcade (for me it paid out well).

However, I am getting tired of the events (Valentines' & Spring) where the main goal is to search for collectibles to turn in for gold.

I'm not saying to get rid of collectibles for gold all together, just add something more.

I'd love to see the next event be where you have to search all the scenes for pieces of a puzzle to turn into a plane ticket. Then be able to take the plane and fly to new areas of the map.

I guess more of an adventure. Quests that are multiple steps. And more than just 2 quests a day.

I like this game a lot. I like how when you are quested to get items they make them easy enough to get. (another boomzap game-- Awakenings, their items are so randomly released it makes it a chore to retrieve, sometime you have to play a scene 15 times or more to get an item to drop.)

There's a lot of pluses to this game overall. Just, want to see them mix it up a bit.

It's hard to wait..wait.. get an event (that only 1-2 quests per day).. to wait again for another event that won't be released for another month.

And then have the event be the same thing just with a different theme.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:Reviews of Spring Time Event

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Apr 20, 14 7:25 AM
I don't think this Springtime Event was their best effort at all. Some of the fun of the past events was wondering when they were going to release the collectibles....in this one, we were opening mini scenes before the quests asked for it, and getting full collections from the first day. I'm glad that collecting gold was incredibly easy in this event....no complaints there. But I would have liked to see them open up a new area for us to work on building. Since they opened up the wharf, it would have been great to be able to fly or sail to a new area! Instead, we got two slot machines. And I agree with you, ChestnutHeights, it would be nice to see more thought put into the quests and make them a bit more of a challenge. Also wondering when we are going to get another pet and pet accessory so we can complete those achievements!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 20, 14 7:40 AM
I think that idea about finding pieces of a puzzle would be great. You are going to post that over on BoomZap aren't you? If not let me know and I will post it.

I loved that by working together we were able to find things before they were part of a quest. At least, for the folks that frequent the forum it was an opportunity to work together and I was only able to get those items early because of sharing of others.

The ease of finding the items and their continuing to show was a welcomed change from the Christmas and Valentine events - which was a source of great disappointment for me and from reading the threads a great many others. I was disgusted at the end of both of those events and certainly am pleased with this one.

I like the WY - flower shop, nice and large scene as compared to Maine- Restaurant which I can hardly stand to play because it is so small and cluttered and the main screen dark.

Release of the penny arcade is something that will appeal to many folks; slot machines have never been anything I would go out of my way to do but I do know lots love them. Good activity to add that many will enjoy. Smart for developers too; as it will cause people to pay $$ to play those games. I appreciate that it is presented as a if you want to activity, like the customizing of the towns that you "can" do. I do not like being "required" to do things that will not benefit my personal game - such as décor for my antique shop, which I could care less about.

Seems they fixed many things with this update, there is another thread on that subject. All in all a big

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Apr 20, 14 8:32 AM
I think that idea about finding pieces of a puzzle would be great. You are going to post that over on BoomZap aren't you? If not let me know and I will post it.

Oddly-- By all means, feel free to post. I sometimes read the postings on their site to see if I can get an idea of what's coming, but don't have an account.

Crossing fingers that they will listen!

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 8:32:41 AM PST

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Reviews of Spring Time Event

[Post New]by LXC12 on Apr 20, 14 8:39 AM
Thumbs up:
- Flower Shop
- Opening the Wharf
- Spring Collectibles still useful until the end of the event

Meh:
- I'm not inspired to play the slots, but I'm hopeful the arcade will continue to develop
- quests were unimaginitive
- the event really fizzled out at the end -- nothing to wrap it up

ChestnutHeights wrote:
I'd love to see the next event be where you have to search all the scenes for pieces of a puzzle to turn into a plane ticket. Then be able to take the plane and fly to new areas of the map.

I guess more of an adventure. Quests that are multiple steps. And more than just 2 quests a day.

I agree -- and I agree with Oddly that you should post this on the BoomZap forum.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 20, 14 9:26 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:

Oddly-- By all means, feel free to post. I sometimes read the postings on their site to see if I can get an idea of what's coming, but don't have an account.

Will do.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 21, 14 6:18 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:

CH, you got a nod over on BoomZap,
From Monica, the moderator of the ART forum: "Please send our thanks and regards to ChestnutHeights as well. Big Grin Unfortunately, we're unable to reply to her directly on the BFG forum."

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 21, 14 7:27 PM
I dont know who or if all of you were here when we discussed this before, but now that there's not much to do, take some time if you havent to read the descriptions on the collectibles. Once you read them you'll see that they sort of lead you to believe that there is going to be some sort of murder-mystery involved in the game's future. That's what it seems like. And Margaret seems to be a very shady character and must be involved in the mystery somehow. I think as the game goes on, we will see this mystery unfold. This game could possibly go on for years. So I dont mind them taking it slow. I do agree that the quests should be more challenging. And I wish at the end of these events, they would leave us with something new, something big, something to work on while we're waiting for the next event.

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 7:29:12 PM PST

[Post New]by cella3699 on Apr 23, 14 9:10 AM
I did all the spring time adventures and they were okay got some gold. Im on level 35 and have not gotten any other quests since before the spring adventure started is this normal?

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 23, 14 2:33 PM
Yes, we are all waiting on the next update. This is normal.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Apr 23, 14 3:13 PM

CH, you got a nod over on BoomZap,
From Monica, the moderator of the ART forum: "Please send our thanks and regards to ChestnutHeights as well. Big Grin Unfortunately, we're unable to reply to her directly on the BFG forum.

Super cool. Thanks for posting Oddly!

Go to: