A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 8:38:09 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Zombie Jewel here

[Post New]by Nilosh on Apr 21, 14 1:03 AM
Being a fan of the M3 game I immediately downloaded today’s game to play the demo and after 30 minutes of game play, I decided to just call it a day.

Our story is about helping Dan rescue his fiancé and make it home alive during a Zombie Apocalypse. At first I didn’t mind so much the Cartoonish graphics, no voice-overs and lack of special effects in the game, but after about 20 minutes, game play got tedious and I realized that there really wasn’t anything special about Zombie Jewel.

You have levels to play, power-up to purchase and that really is about it. There are no trophies or achievements to earn, each level has a timer on it but it just tells you how long a board took to clear. Graphics were sharp and icons and tiles were medium sized and easy to play. I assume the boards get more challenging as you move on but really, I didn’t stick around to find out. There are cute characters that act as power-ups but no great sound or visual effects.

It’s a simple game with no bells or whistles but I prefer either a M3 game that helps you to zone out or challenges you. This falls somewhere in the middle and is a bit ambiguous for me. Sorry but Dan will have to fight of the living dead without my help this time.

debby369
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

VIDEO REVIEW for Zombie Jewel

[Post New]by debby369 on Apr 21, 14 6:32 AM
There is a video review of this game here

I have been informed I can not post links in the forums either. Please follow @bigmomma369 for all the latest video game reviews of casual gaming.

-Big Momma
@bigmomma369

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 8:38:30 AM PST

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Apr 21, 14 6:52 AM
I like Match 3 and thought I'd try the demo. Played the full hour and, as Nilosh said, your task is to save your girlfriend from the Zombies by moving through various scenes/locations and completing several Match 3 screens at each. That's it - pretty straightforward.

The game play is simple and the game is generous with bombs to help clear several squares. This is one of those Match 3 where it is most effective to start at the bottom and work your way up. There are "stones/skulls" that block, but they are very easy to clear by a match or with a bomb. They aren't really much of an problem. Never came across any items to "collect", but there may be some further into the game. However, you do need to clear a specific number of color tokens at each level.

In addition, there are four "helpers" whom you can hire to assist. Each has a different skill and, for additional pay, will use those skills. Should have written them down, but think their skills are: clear a line, clear specific color tokens, toss a bunch of bombs (my favorite) and shuffle the screen. It's pretty easy to acquire funds, so no big problem with using your helpers.

Found the time generous, too, and never felt like I was under pressure to complete a level (a serious negative for me, in this type of game). While you have to clear various squares at each level, I really liked that they were yellow and easy to see. Just played another Match 3 where the squares to "break" were almost the same color as the broken squares.... The clear color difference was a plus.

So, a nice game - not too taxing and sort of funny. I'm seriously considering using a credit to add it to my collection....

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 21, 14 8:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Zombie Jewel here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Zombie Jewel.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 21, 14 10:59 AM
I love new M3's and was excited to see todays soft release. Unfortunately after playing it's not what I care for.

The games themselves are well done but far to easy. You are given power ups that, as far as I can see, you never have a reason to use. And I didn't. You earn cash on each round but there is nothing to do with it except activate your power ups. That you don't need. So you are just collecting cash.

During the entire hour demo I never came across a game board (or level) that took me more than 2 min. to complete. This really has a lot of potential but needs something to either work toward, such as building a town,defending yourself or something to challenge you more on each level itself.

To sum it up. I just found it to repetitive and easy. May be great for young or new players though.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Zombie Jewel here

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 24, 14 12:26 PM
There was a pirate-themed game just like this not so very long ago.

Both were fun for the hour, but neither was worth buying for me.

Go to: