GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Eco-upgrades?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 21, 14 5:56 AM
I see that my two fully upgraded houses, Jughead's and Moose's, have solar panels on their roofs. Those I actually recognize.

They also have what I think are mini-greenhouses.

And they have tanks. In Moose's case, two different kinds. One is vertical, green (natch!), w/ a design of a drop and the Earth on its side, and a pipe off the top into a green contraption under the eaves. The other tank is grey metallic w/ an access lid and lies horizontally, like the two at Jughead's.

Does either or both of those have to do w/ propane, like Hank Hill sells? Or what?

jogc
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Re:Eco-upgrades?

[Post New]by jogc on Apr 21, 14 6:54 AM
Who is Hank Hill?

[Post New]by flameglimmer on Apr 21, 14 10:10 AM
One of them is almost certainly for re-using "grey water"- ie storing bathwater to be used to flush toilets. It's a big thing in the eco-community. Not sure about the other one.

Jogc, Hank Hill is from the cartoon "King of the Hill"- he lives in Texas and is a propane salesperson.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 21, 14 10:51 AM
Thanks, flameglimmer, for both halves of your response.

jogc
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by jogc on Apr 22, 14 5:11 AM
lol, I thought Hank Hill must be a character I'm missing in the game. I'm from Australia and I don't watch telly at all, or even have one that couldn't be better described as an extra monitor.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Eco-upgrades?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 22, 14 7:33 AM
My apologies, jogc. I should have written something like "Hank Hill on 'King of the Hill'" to make it more obvious--and more likely that a Net search would find clarifying info if needed. I'll try to do better from now on.

But for now: What're those green things under the eaves that the pipes connect to?!?

I've just upgraded Betty's little place next to Moose's, and she doesn't have one tho he does.

Edited on 04/22/2014 at 7:37:51 AM PST

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 22, 14 7:41 AM
green things under the eaves that the pipes connect to?

Zooming in, it looks like green rain gutters that drain into a clear water barrel.

yeah Betty's house doesn't have that. So far I have seen the structures that do have the green rain gutters are:
the gas station
the movie theater
Dilton's house
Archies garage
Veronica's house and garage
Ethel's house
Moose's house

Edited on 04/22/2014 at 7:47:17 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 22, 14 8:13 AM
Ah. Found this on the Net, page headline "Going Green: Rain Gutters", subsection "David Johnston on Green Drainage Systems" (to give credit where due):

"Install a Rooftop Catchment System—By diverting your gutters to empty into cisterns, drums, wells, or other rainwater catchment systems, and then using that water for non-edible landscaping needs, you can reduce the amount of water you'll pay to draw from your municipal water supply."

And I notice that there's also a pipe from Moose's horizontal tank to and/or from the house, supporting flameglimmer's answer.

BtW, I'm guessing that the dull-metal box on Archie's garage isn't any kind of eco-device but a garage-door opener?

Edited on 04/22/2014 at 8:15:34 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 23, 14 3:59 PM
So what are the square dull-metal grilles on the roofs? Balanced over the front peaks on Moose's and the garage.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 23, 14 5:19 PM
square dull-metal grilles on the roofs looks like the solar collectors I see on the call boxes on the highway.

Go to: