gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

What does the bow figurine look like?

[Post New]by gerl2 on Apr 21, 14 2:53 PM
Hi all level 20 and been hearing the dreadful bow figurine, what does it look like.? Right know I have a circle with stones or gems that go on them. Am I their yet.. or is it after this piece. Thanks

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:What does the bow figurine look like?

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 21, 14 4:14 PM
It's the ship's figurehead to the left of Skull Pete. When you get up close and personal with him he looks like a nasty leprechaun. BTW, it's the ship's "bow" not a "bow" from a ribbon.

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 4:14:51 PM PST

bettymil4216
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by bettymil4216 on Apr 21, 14 4:44 PM
Be afraid - be very afraid LOL

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 21, 14 6:12 PM
gerl2, You know how you might have a carved mermaid at the bow of a ship? Well this looks like an evil leprechaun and he needs three items, all of which have to be crafted from items that have to be crafted from items that have to be crafted, etc. No, this is not a typo. Like bettymil4216 said "Be afraid - be very afraid." I have been on Level 21 for weeks. My advice would be to stock up on as many items, coins and blue stamps as you can.

When you enter 21, just hold onto your drawers. It'll be the ride of your life.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 21, 14 7:14 PM
The Bow Figurine appears to be benign at first glance. No more than a weather-beaten wooden carving protruding from the bow of a long ago wrecked galleon. The fearsome Kraken lurking just behind is much more menacing than the dead still wooden image of a mythical leprechaun. But move closer and look into the eyes of the cursed figurine.

You might think you see a captured and desperate soul peering back from those shifting eyes. Beware as those pleading eyes lure you in and invite you to strike a bargain. A bargain you are compelled to make for he is in possession of the precious gift that you must have to further your quest. What will this crafty trickster demand in return for just one item of his closely guarded treasure? You will soon see that the price is a high one indeed.

As he states the terms of the trade you are at first unaware of the depth, complexity and fiendishness of the tasks he presents. He asks for only three small baubles in return for the treasured item you seek. He longs to acquire an emblem for his chest, a decorative shield for his hat and a seal to hold in his right palm. He assures you that these things will be no trouble for an adventurer of your skill to acquire.

You look into his eyes as you accept the terms and for a brief instant you see a deep green glow flash like lightening behind his half closed lids. As you back away to begin your first task a slightly crooked half grin appears on his previously expressionless mouth.

A cold chill passes along the length of your spine as you speculate what kind of demonic spirit you have just encountered. The extent of your entanglement with this maniacal fiend will unfold step by tedious step as you strive to appease your unyielding taskmaster.

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 8:31:25 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 21, 14 7:47 PM
Lizzie, Me thinks you've spent WAAAYY tooo muuch time hypnotized by the evil leprechaun held captive by the menacing kracken.

Very well written - very much enjoyed that narrative.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Apr 21, 14 9:19 PM
Best description ever, LizzieK!!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Apr 21, 14 9:36 PM
LizzieK wrote:The Bow Figurine appears to be benign at first glance. No more than a weather-beaten wooden carving protruding from the bow of a long ago wrecked galleon. The fearsome Kraken lurking just behind is much more menacing than the dead still wooden image of a mythical leprechaun. But move closer and look into the eyes of the cursed figurine.

After reading of the horrors of the bow figurine in previous days, I'd decided to try it one time through then maybe quit the game after that point, but LizzieK's narrative scared me away from doing it even once. I'm almost finished with level 19 but have opened the area where the kracken is and know that the bow figurine is just ahead. I don't think I'll ever be ready to try it now...too many of you posted too many scary things about it and it just doesn't sound like anything fun.

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Apr 22, 14 3:06 AM
The story is told and I the excitement is soon to come, its just around the corner.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 22, 14 8:26 AM
Oh, come on FishyFemale, be brave. At least you should meet the Bow Figurine.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 22, 14 10:05 AM
Thank you silver hawk, awalkinglady and gerl2 for the kudos on the narrative. This was my first bad experience with a leprechaun. Normally they are tricky but not sadistic.

Go to: