[Post New]by gerl2 on Apr 23, 14 3:04 PM
Just wondering has anybody seen one of these? If so where and how? Thanks

moncilla
Clownfish
Clownfish
794 Posts

Re:5 golden chest

[Post New]by moncilla on Apr 23, 14 3:16 PM
I have. My pets are bringing the chests... some of them are gold.

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Apr 23, 14 4:01 PM
I also got a gold one from a pet

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 23, 14 5:56 PM
I got about 5 gold and 2 silver chest in the days before the update, which is nothing like I had gotten before. Now, nothing but wood and rust. Maybe the pets' tummies are upset at the change in their diet?

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Apr 23, 14 6:20 PM
Are the gold chests that the pets bring back what is required for the new achievement for gold chests? I've read some posts that suggest you get gold chests for completing a certain number of daily quests.

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Apr 23, 14 6:34 PM
awalkinglady wrote:Are the gold chests that the pets bring back what is required for the new achievement for gold chests? I've read some posts that suggest you get gold chests for completing a certain number of daily quests.

You do get gold chests form some of the daily quests, but they don't count towards the gold chest achievement.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 23, 14 6:39 PM
I am at level 22 and I have only gotten 3 gold chests the entire time I've played. I can not imagine getting 5 within the time needed.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 23, 14 7:47 PM
Amerzone wrote:I am at level 22 and I have only gotten 3 gold chests the entire time I've played. I can not imagine getting 5 within the time needed.

Me too. Three gold chests from pets the entire time since I started this game and am now on level 23. I always work toward the achievements but looks like I won't get this one.

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on Apr 23, 14 8:05 PM
Like an idiot, I CRAFTED the golden chest!!!! Of course, it did nothing for me.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 23, 14 8:51 PM
mrs23 wrote:Like an idiot, I CRAFTED the golden chest!!!! Of course, it did nothing for me.

It was worth a try. Depending on what level you are at, you need one in level 22 for Pete's quest 1/6.

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on Apr 24, 14 12:45 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
mrs23 wrote:Like an idiot, I CRAFTED the golden chest!!!! Of course, it did nothing for me.

It was worth a try. Depending on what level you are at, you need one in level 22 for Pete's quest 1/6.

Thanks! That is good to hear. I am in Level 22 but have not opened up Pete's quests until I am done with the other one. At least it will be there waiting for me.

kittensnlace
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kittensnlace on Apr 24, 14 1:14 PM
I can't send out my pets because since the update, none of my pet food converted to the new food. I did complete 4 of the daily quests on the first day of the updates while I was playing through to see if I could collect any pet food. One of the daily quests did give me a golden chest and when I check my achievements it does show that I have 1/5, so they must count too.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 24, 14 1:27 PM
Amerzone wrote:I am at level 22 and I have only gotten 3 gold chests the entire time I've played. I can not imagine getting 5 within the time needed.

Where are you seeing a time limit for getting the 5 chests?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 24, 14 1:35 PM
awalkinglady wrote:I've read some posts that suggest you get gold chests for completing a certain number of daily quests.

You get a gold chest when you complete a 10 part Daily Quest (there are also 3 part DQ's which give a Rusty Chest, and 5 part DQ's that award a Silver chest).

Each of the 10 parts will probably have 2 different tasks listed, and may require you to perform those tasks more than once.

For example: the second part of my 10 part quest wants me to open the prison cell 2 times, and open the Harp in Blossom 2 times. If I do so, I'll be awarded 100 coins and 3 medallions.

(That's a big if. With no Polestars in my inventory, it's not happening.)

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Apr 24, 14 1:50 PM
update..... I got 2 golden chest today from pets and was rewarded for 2.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Apr 24, 14 2:27 PM
Are these real chests you have in your inventory then? Or are these the ones the pets bring that you click on and get money and stuff?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 24, 14 3:06 PM
They're the ones the pets bring, if you have VERY well behaved pets. My phoenix River has gone on strike for the moment. His brother Joaquin in my other game gave me one so far. C'mon, boys, try harder!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 24, 14 6:35 PM
My phoenix brought me a gold chest today.

Rosie I love your Phoenix's name. Joaquin Phoenix's picture is on my desk top so I couldn't name my game one the same.

Bondi Girl

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Apr 24, 14 6:40 PM
My phoenix gave me a gold chest too today! I just love it when he does that! 1st one since update so now I'm sure these are the gold chests the achievement is referring to. (got 1 of 5 for next reward) Chests are also won for every few daily quests but haven't made it to gold there yet...
p.s. we can name our pets? Where? How??

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 24, 14 7:45 PM
We had a thread going a while back on what you name your pets. We were hoping they might add a spot for a name in the game, but for now it's just our foolishness in the forum!

Go to: