nic2200
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Changes to the game overnight?

[Post New]by nic2200 on Apr 23, 14 3:30 PM
So.... I went to plant spices just now and I noticed they only cost $100 a piece and last night they cost $1000 a piece. I'm not complaining. :-)

BUT... I also noticed that my Inlaid counters that used to be worth 4 hearts have dropped down to 2 hearts.

Was there an update or something? Is this a bug? No updates installed on my game.

It's slightly annoying because I have a quest for reaching a certain number of hearts and I was getting close, but now not so much.

Has anyone else seen this happen today?

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Changes to the game overnight?

[Post New]by JB4510 on Apr 24, 14 3:59 AM
Hi,

I can't say if this is due to an update, as it has been that way since I started, but if it helps you to narrow down the time-frame: I starting playing on 4/16/14 and since that time, the spice seeds have cost 100 coins and the inlaid counters have been worth 2 hearts.

nic2200
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by nic2200 on Apr 24, 14 8:26 AM
I read around the forum and it seems like it's been this way for a few weeks, but for some reason, my game just applied the changes yesterday.

Strange...

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Apr 25, 14 11:11 AM
My spices are also 100 now, instead of 1,000 - yay!! For me it certainly wasn't always this way.
There was a special on counters for 2 or 3 days and they all gave more hearts - it said special and it ended.
But this game definitely changes itself without needing to download updates all the time - I noticed at least 2 more changes: I'm pretty sure they added more time to preparing stuff (potatoes!) and it seems they stopped giving the "make perfect 3 stars dishes" quests as they are giving bucks for daily quests now (which is great - please continue to do so, thank you).

Niniana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Niniana on Apr 25, 14 2:56 PM
fun, now the spices are back to 1000 but the hearts stayed low. Way to go, Big Fish.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Apr 25, 14 4:06 PM
Yeah, it's 2am around here and spices are back to 1,000 each alright...
What do you mean by the hearts stayed low?

Niniana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Niniana on Apr 25, 14 9:23 PM
When the spice price dropped, also the the worth of items which gave you hearts dropped, so some counters which were originally +4 hearts suddenly were only +2.

Was a kinda okay deal for me. But now the spices are back up to 1,000 while the counter stayed on +2.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Apr 26, 14 8:29 AM
Now I'm really confused! This morning everything was as I am used to it being, I just logged back in four hours later and was mindlessly planted spices until I suddenly ran out of funds. Only then did I realize the spice seeds are indeed 1000 coins. That really sucks.

nic2200
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by nic2200 on Apr 26, 14 8:25 PM
I think they are supposed to be $1000 and they accidentally gave us all the "boost" that drops the price by 90%.

[Post New]by tribeslady on Apr 27, 14 5:28 AM
the thing is now that the spices are a $1,000 I can't always afford them, do they make you enough back to make it worth while buying them?

Witchy55
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Witchy55 on Apr 27, 14 6:41 AM
I agree that it sucks that spices jumped from 100 to 1000 coins overnight.

Spices don't give you extra servings. They do up your skill points though.

debgerard
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by debgerard on Apr 30, 14 9:59 PM
no changes for me overnight I play it seems like all day and night..
I have bought only the spice seeds so far and they have all been 1,000 each too I got plants on sale though.

I am wondering about the spices though
What are the best spices to add to what food?
Every time I do add a spice it says not good so I have just wasted a spice,

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on May 1, 14 4:51 PM
Hi debgerard,
There are a couple of threads here in the forum that give you all of the perfect pairings for the spices. Look for "Spoiler - spice chart" and "Perfect spice pairings."

Go to: