Please post your TECH ISSUES for Disharmony Blocks II here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 24, 14 12:37 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/24/2014 at 8:22:20 AM PST

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Disharmony Blocks II here

[Post New]by BeachBum902 on Apr 24, 14 4:58 AM
I really enjoyed the first" Harmony Blocks" and was looking forward to playing this one. Downloaded fine, however, I could not even get past the "Your Name" portion. Very disappointed. Hope it's fixed soon. And yes, I did uninstall and re-download to no avail.

Edited on 04/24/2014 at 5:01:30 AM PST

chrijolie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by chrijolie on Apr 24, 14 6:23 AM
Same here, all i could do is enter my name!

sll24
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by sll24 on Apr 24, 14 7:22 AM
same here. could only enter name.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 24, 14 8:22 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

coqa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by coqa on Apr 24, 14 10:38 AM
Seems to be a common thread!. I too couldn't get past putting in my name. Couldn't even back out to close. Had to C,ALT, DEL. Obviously BIG problem, would be nice to know if anyone has managed to get it to work?

[Post New]by threadhappy on Apr 24, 14 10:43 AM
Had same problem after I entered my name. Couldn't see any where to continue so I hit the enter button on my keyboard and to my surprise it worked. Hope this helps also for you.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Apr 24, 14 11:06 AM
Same problem as everyone else, uninstalled

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Apr 24, 14 11:17 AM
Yep. Same problem.

[Post New]by CreativeRampage on Apr 24, 14 11:30 AM
Hi Guys I am John McCubbin the developer of Disharmony Blocks II, I see a lot of people are having problems with the name entry screen, is this because you can't see your name as it is being typed or some other problem?

If you can't see your name being typed please make sure you have your keyboards caps lock turned off.

After you enter your name press return on your keyboard, do you think it would help people if I added a button at the end of the name entry to continue too? something like (OK) ?

Thanks
John

[Post New]by BeachBum902 on Apr 24, 14 11:56 AM
threadhappy wrote:Had same problem after I entered my name. Couldn't see any where to continue so I hit the enter button on my keyboard and to my surprise it worked. Hope this helps also for you.
\
Yes, I did the same thing and it just worked. It seemed like my mouse wasn't working, but "enter" worked. LOL

[Post New]by BeachBum902 on Apr 24, 14 11:59 AM
CreativeRampage wrote:Hi Guys I am John McCubbin the developer of Disharmony Blocks II, I see a lot of people are having problems with the name entry screen, is this because you can't see your name as it is being typed or some other problem?

If you can't see your name being typed please make sure you have your keyboards caps lock turned off.

After you enter your name press return on your keyboard, do you think it would help people if I added a button at the end of the name entry to continue too? something like (OK) ?

Thanks
John

Thank you, John. Yes, I believe others would find it helpful to have an "OK" to click on after your name is entered. I did get in and so far I just Love the game. Thanks again for your help.

[Post New]by CreativeRampage on Apr 24, 14 12:21 PM
Thanks for the response beachbum, I will add an OK button and hopefully have a new version up as soon as possible, it's funny the things you overlook till someone points it out

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Apr 24, 14 12:59 PM
CreativeRampage wrote:Thanks for the response beachbum, I will add an OK button and hopefully have a new version up as soon as possible, it's funny the things you overlook till someone points it out

Hi John. Thank you so much for checking the forums!

I was trying the demo and had to quit for a few minutes and I realized there is no menu button between levels to get out of the game. I tried the "escape" key and that worked, but some people might think it's a glitch.

Audrey

[Post New]by CreativeRampage on Apr 24, 14 1:09 PM
Hi Audrey

I will see about adding an exit or menu button on the map screen incase people need to quit out between levels, thanks for pointing it out

John

Audreyfavre wrote:
CreativeRampage wrote:Thanks for the response beachbum, I will add an OK button and hopefully have a new version up as soon as possible, it's funny the things you overlook till someone points it out

Hi John. Thank you so much for checking the forums!

I was trying the demo and had to quit for a few minutes and I realized there is no menu button between levels to get out of the game. I tried the "escape" key and that worked, but some people might think it's a glitch.

Audrey

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Apr 25, 14 4:04 AM
I got to a bonus level where I had to remove 3 voids. This I did successfully but the level didn't stop and the bar of three had only two completed. I left the game there and uninstalled it.

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Apr 26, 14 9:30 AM
Same problem as everyone else and when the mouse didn't work I did hit enter after I entered my name,,,Nothing! I could not even get out of the game or shut the game down. I had to completely reboot. Uninstalled.

coqa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by coqa on Apr 27, 14 9:20 AM
What a breath of fresh air to have a developer respond so quickly and personally.
Thankyou John

[Post New]by CreativeRampage on Apr 27, 14 1:34 PM
Thanks coqa, believe it or not developers like feedback, good or bad and ofcourse reporting of any bugs is always a good thing (so they can be fixed

I have submitted a new version of Disharmony Blocks II to BigFish which adds an (OK) button to click once you enter your name which should help people out, where pressing return does not seem to work.

I am not sure how long it usualy takes for new versions to be changed but hopefullt it won't be that long.

As for the Void zone bug I have been unable to replicate it, but I will have a look and see if it's something that I can fix, but if it happens again just let the timer run out and you will have a chance to skip the level (not an ideal solution, but atleast it is something to keep in mind)

Edited on 04/27/2014 at 1:38:49 PM PST

[Post New]by krystalslc on May 4, 14 8:29 AM
Hi John, I had a problem with adding my name too. I'm glad you are fixing that. I am absolutely stuck on Stage 26. I was enjoying the game so much until I got here. I have tried multiple times to get past this stage with no luck at all. What are all the little bombs there for and why do they all go off at the same time? I really like this game, but this part has been extremely frustrating for me. What can I do to get past this stage?

Go to: