Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Are we being punished?

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 24, 14 6:40 AM
With every update I feel like we are being punished, more and more. It seems that anything we talk about in the forums that is to our benefit they take away.

The little trick about the wheel of fortune seems to have been taken away from us with this update. I just lost 4000 coins (half of what I had) trying to win the first bow item needed from the keeper of wishes...that wishbone on fire item. It is much more random in its spins and you get garbage items. I don't need more crystal balls. I'm sure it was just a teaser to make me spend my money.

I know it's my fault for trying to win it and I went past my rule of only spin till 400 shows on the spin (4 spins) but who couldn't resist trying to win that bow item. Maybe I've been incredibly lucky to this point but I've always won the items I wanted except for eggs. Now I can't win anything that looks good on the wheel.

Seriously, they keep throwing bow figurines, then more six paws and every other partial item needed for the bow figure when there are so many other areas they could have us make crafted items from.

I'm sucking on sour grapes at the moment but it's just another thorn in my side with this game. I'm struggling to maintain interest in it because I have a desire to 'finish it' but everyday watching friends drop off my friend's list and then fighting through hours of trying to finish yet another bow figurine is wearing me down. I said slow and steady but I don't know how much longer I can keep at this. The weather outside is calling me.

Edited on 04/24/2014 at 6:43:39 AM PST

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

Re:Are we being punished?

[Post New]by guppies56 on Apr 24, 14 6:48 AM
I'm with you on all of that Amerzone, but even more so on the Bow Figurine, my heart literally sank when I saw him re-appear.

W123
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by W123 on Apr 24, 14 7:21 AM
I think it's lazy developers who keep doing the bow figurine and six paw over and over again. They spent quite a bit of time developing the trails ensuring duplicating the same items and frequently needing two items to obtain what is needed. 281 items to achieve a quest is fun the first couple of times but now you know every quest will need at least the bow figurine, six paw, and the run altar. Lazy developers!! They need o spread the crafting out so you use a variety of items, not just the same ones over and over again. Lazy lazy developers!!

Edited on 04/24/2014 at 7:21:54 AM PST

muskymom
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by muskymom on Apr 24, 14 7:24 AM
Level 23 and now three bow figures needed!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 24, 14 7:36 AM
Everyone is going to approach this differently.

I actually like the new daily quests. It's like a diversion from working through the bow figurine. I come into the game and do what I can for the Bow item then work on the daily quests and see how far I can get. Then play All the HOS scenes to build up my coins for crafting.

I used to win dice with the dragon better than half the time, but since the update I've lost every single game (so much for the win items at dice and the Frog Witch avatar achievements )

I (personally) will spend money on diamonds if they EVER put them on sale just so I can work toward the Market Master achievement. But so far am at level 23 without spending a single cent. I'm nervous about purchasing them now because with my luck they go on sale right after, so I will continue to hold out for a sale.

I'm sorry to see so many players leave, I seem to have lost a few on my friends list. But I'm trying not to accept anymore friends so I can gift each at least once and more often twice a week with the best items I can spare in my inventory. I won't turn down invitations, but would like to keep my list as small as possible.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 24, 14 7:37 AM
Having that completed bow item sitting on my wheel, plus two other cool looking new crafted items is making me sick to my stomach. My impulse is to spin again but that would only be a couple of spins and all my coins would be gone by then. I don't want to open the game again until tomorrow when they are gone.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Apr 24, 14 8:22 AM
silver_hawk wrote:I (personally) will spend money on diamonds if they EVER put them on sale just so I can work toward the Market Master achievement.

What I find really annoying is that, according to the MC facebook page, they have a sale for the iPad version but not the PC version.....pretty unfair I would say!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 24, 14 8:25 AM
awalkinglady wrote:
What I find really annoying is that, according to the MC facebook page, they have a sale for the iPad version but not the PC version.....pretty unfair I would say!

Agreed !! Very annoying and extremely Unfair !

MariteB
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by MariteB on Apr 24, 14 8:56 PM
I am at the end of level 22 with the final rune in sight. I agree that the developers are lazy. Not only do they repeat the same HOS items but frequently, each build might require different items but from the same sources. I have bought diamonds in the past but won't anymore...it just takes longer. And having friends ( on different levels from me) is helpful as we can give each other great items that we don't currently need. On a happy note, the morphing flowers (which I didn;t even see until reading the blog) seem to hang around an extra second so are easier to click on than before the upgrade. And I do like the added daily quests. At least I feel like I am accomplishing something waiting for the hour to pass between HOS scenes.

Has anyone ever gotten something good at the completion of a HOS scene? it is such a tease!

Go to: