Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

How to delete friends

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 24, 14 10:47 AM
If you move someone to the declined section I think that on their end you show up in their 'invited' area. Might it then be possible for them to delete you from the their list by clicking on the remove button? Then they are gone from your list and you are gone from their list.

This would have to be mutual but it might work. I don't know how to test it though.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

How to delete friends

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 24, 14 10:54 AM
Amerzone wrote:If you move someone to the declined section I think that on their end you show up in their 'invited' area. Might it then be possible for them to delete you from the their list by clicking on the remove button? Then they are gone from your list and you are gone from their list.

This would have to be mutual but it might work. I don't know how to test it though.


Yes, once somebody is in the invited area, they can be deleted.

I noticed that one of my "friends" had appeared in the invited area. Since I had gifted this person almost a month and half ago and had never received anything in return, I was about to send out one last gift to him and see what happened. He's now saved me the trouble and has been deleted.

 
Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 24, 14 1:28 PM
Thank you for verifying this for me. I have one person on my game with three different names. Two of the names appeared in my invited area but the 3rd name is still there. I won't be afraid to delete then if they stay there.

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 24, 14 5:06 PM
And did anyone happen to notice that we still can't delete John, Just John? Nuf said.

 
AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 24, 14 6:27 PM
Bondi Girl's friend list has dropped from 421 to 414. Obviously someone was tired of waiting for me to work through the list.

Will do a reconciliation later as several names currently on the list are unfamiliar to me. Maybe some people have changed player names?

Edited to add
I do have about 15 people to gift the either do not have a wish list or I do not have what they need at the moment.

Edited on 04/24/2014 at 6:29:23 PM PST


 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 24, 14 6:42 PM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:Obviously someone was tired of waiting for me to work through the list.



They may have quit the game and deleted all their friends so that they would not be cluttering up people's lists.

People have been asking for the ability to delete friends, the devs gave what was asked for (sort of), and now we're all going to have to face the possibility that we may find ourselves among the deleted.

Some deletions may come as a relief, some as a surprise, and some may really hurt.

 
efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by efi24 on Apr 24, 14 6:55 PM
I've also just realized that someone who used to be on my friends list (and I gifted a few times but never got a gift from) has somehow moved to my invited list and no longer in my friends' list. How did she do that?? And why? What is up with deleting friends? So unfriendly really. I really don't mind having friends but her, oh she can go to...
(If you're reading here my dear ex friend, not a very nice thing to do but oh well, farewell).

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 24, 14 7:10 PM
efi24 wrote:I've also just realized that someone who used to be on my friends list (and I gifted a few times but never got a gift from) has somehow moved to my invited list and no longer in my friends' list. How did she do that?? And why? What is up with deleting friends? So unfriendly really. I really don't mind having friends but her, oh she can go to...
(If you're reading here my dear ex friend, not a very nice thing to do but oh well, farewell).


She moved to your invited list when she deleted you (which moved you to her declined list.)

As I've said elsewhere, people may be deleting all their friends when they quit.

Or maybe this person thought you were no longer playing. (Speaking of which, you mentioned that you might be quitting your second game. Have you? Because I believe I have your second game on my friend list, and if you're no longer playing that game, I would delete you, not because I'm unfriendly, but I don't want to send a gift to somebody who will never retrieve it.)

 
efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by efi24 on Apr 24, 14 7:21 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
efi24 wrote:I've also just realized that someone who used to be on my friends list (and I gifted a few times but never got a gift from) has somehow moved to my invited list and no longer in my friends' list. How did she do that?? And why? What is up with deleting friends? So unfriendly really. I really don't mind having friends but her, oh she can go to...
(If you're reading here my dear ex friend, not a very nice thing to do but oh well, farewell).


She moved to your invited list when she deleted you (which moved you to her declined list.)

As I've said elsewhere, people may be deleting all their friends when they quit.

Or maybe this person thought you were no longer playing. (Speaking of which, you mentioned that you might be quitting your second game. Have you? Because I believe I have your second game on my friend list, and if you're no longer playing that game, I would delete you, not because I'm unfriendly, but I don't want to send a gift to somebody who will never retrieve it.)


I'm not sure I understand how she did it, technically - is this a new feature I've missed? 'cause I have noticed they made the list easier for gifting - you can scroll down and press a name instead of pressing the right arrow 500 times to get there... but haven't noticed a deleting option. Don't think she quit - she changes her avatar all the time and up to level 22 - I think she's just mean.
Anyways, I have said I might be quitting my other game but I managed not to so I'm still using it (my other game is Efi24 btw, my main is just Efi), I play the main a lot but at least once a day I enter the Efi24 to play and send gifts and such. I try to gift anyone who gifts me as much as I can. Thanks!

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 24, 14 7:39 PM
efi24 - If you look at your friends list, next to each name is a minus sign.

If you click on that, that person's name moves into your declined area. Your (now ex) friend will see your name in their invited area.

People can be permanently removed from the invited area.

So if you want to, you can remove this person from your game. When you do so, your name will be removed from her game.

 
awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Apr 24, 14 9:06 PM
I think it would be nice to be able to delete those players that are in our decline list. What's the point of having them there anyway?

 
Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:How to delete friends

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 25, 14 2:14 AM
I am also going to hugely reduce my Friends list - not because I am unfriendly (Efi, you mustn't always take things so personally) - but for the following reasons:

- I have 569 Friends because I never declined anyone.

- Of these 569 Friends I cannot possibly gift all those back that gift me.

- I have heard several peeps here whining and complaing that they send gifts regularly but never receive one back. Not sure if I was among those non-givers, but hey... thanks for making me feel guilty for not having done my "duty" and send back a gift to the many friends who sent a gift to me.

I have never expected a gift in return. I have sent many gifts (and btw, not everybody who plays the game rushes to the "Thank You" thread and thanks everyone who sent gifts - so there are a lot of unsung gift givers), but I never presume that I should be getting one back.

So I am now reducing my friends list (one or two letters a day - it takes about 45 seconds to delete just one friend), so that I have less people to worry about who might think that I am ungrateful, because I don't send a gift back.

 
 
 
 
Go to: