bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Sparkle Unleashed

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 25, 14 12:29 AM
A hidden world of mystery has succumbed to an ominous darkness. Now you must make your way through the fallen lands, light magical braziers and discover a way to banish the darkness once and for all.

Unlock potent powerups and use them to overcome Chained Orbs, Rock Orbs, Survival levels and other exciting challenges. Can you carve a path of light through the darkness?

Sparkle Unleashed introduces floating Orb Slinger gameplay never before seen in a Sparkle series game. The unleashed Orb Slinger floats along the bottom of the screen providing a new kind of action puzzle experience.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Sparkle Unleashed

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 2, 14 9:01 PM
The first half of Normal difficulty is quite playable and too easy for experienced players, but it does get harder. If you play in Hard, it cuts you a break for only about 5 levels...then the learning curve is straight up! I am wondering what Nightmare will play like as I'm only on day 31 in Hard and it's taken several tries to get past some of the levels already. Even trying for 5 stars in challenge mode is tough, and getting most of the trophies isn't a cakewalk either. So for those who were thinking this game is too easy, yes, it does start out that way, but it will get a lot tougher.

[update] I'm just barely able to play the levels in Hard now--day 39 took about 40 attempts to beat and I've put the game down for now at day 41. Can't imagine that I suck this much at MPs as I've finished quite a few and have been playing this genre for a decade. The issues I'm seeing are that the marbles appear mostly as singletons, and you just don't get any help with getting the colors needed when the marbles are close to the hole! Has anyone managed to get any farther in Hard? I don't like to admit defeat this soon, but may have to move on to something else.

Edited on 05/02/2014 at 11:28:17 PM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on May 12, 14 3:50 AM
Hi SynthpopAddict, I've managed to get a little further than you - somewhere in the 50s, I got side-tracked playing another game so haven't finished playing Sparkle yet. And I think you may be the better player as you're taking less tries than me on level 39!

I didn't find the hard level tricky until after level 20 and only started having to replay from level 24 but from level 39 most levels have taken several replays. It may be that in the earlier levels that the power ups I chose gave me an advantage over you.

I think this is the sparkle we remember, it was always a difficult game and very unforgiving. So you really need to shoot the balls such that you can have three matches in a row to get a power up and then use the power up. I've chosen all the power ups that removes or manipulates the maximum number of marbles.

Hope you've won by now!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 12, 14 5:38 PM
Hi Janette5, I got Picturesque Vista or whatever that level's called again at day 60 (it's the one that appears at 39 also) and have given up on the game for now. Glad that I'm not the only one who's having a hard time playing Hard. Wrote to the developer about this and they said they'd look into the difficulty as they felt that I should be able to play it in Hard. Let's hope they put out an updated version of the game, as I found Normal to be too easy and Hard is just too crazy hard. I played all three difficulty levels in the first Sparkle, and I swear Master in the first game is less frustrating than Hard on Sparkle Unleashed...

The powerups I was using were spark blast, marching light, orb of decay, color wipe, enchanted fireflies, and purple blaze. Sometimes I'd swap some out for reverse or the one that changes a large group of marbles to one color.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Jun 4, 14 5:39 PM
I'm beginning to suspect the level of difficulty is somehow set too hard - I'm playing at what is supposed to be the easy mode, and can't get past level 63. I'm an experienced MP player, and have never gotten this stuck before, including in previous versions of Sparkle. I'm about to give up on the game, and if I hadn't gotten it with a free coupon would be about ready to ask for a refund.

The interface is also not as good as in Sparkle 2 - among other things, I can't figure out if, and how, I can choose which powerups are available.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 6, 14 4:46 PM
sionnach_dhu wrote:I can't figure out if, and how, I can choose which powerups are available.

This took me a little while to figure out too. When you reach a brazier, a new powerup unlocks in the powerups screen. You can go to the powerups screen by clicking on the box with a star in it at the bottom left of the map screen. The powerups you have chosen for the moment are the ones that have little up and down arrowheads around the icons. If you want something different, click on a powerup that isn't locked to move the arrowheads there.

[edit] In each column of powerups, you can only have one chosen for a maximum of 6 powerups once all 6 columns of icons have been unlocked. And yes, there have been times in which I wished I could have a few more.

Edited on 06/06/2014 at 4:49:06 PM PST

[Post New]by absolutrebel on Aug 17, 14 2:56 PM
Easy level went pretty quickly, not too difficult at all. Hard level 39 was a beast, that one took lots of attempts to beat. I'm up to level 80 on hard now, tricky, but looks beatable with patience........

Go to: