Bunny mania

Beckyd30
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Bunny mania

[Post New]by Beckyd30 on Apr 26, 14 10:21 PM
How does this work? I haven't seen a single bunny anywhere on the game, just the counter at the top.

ellaneicholas
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Bunny mania

[Post New]by ellaneicholas on Apr 27, 14 12:22 AM
I really have no idea (so not much help really) but I have read that many people are struggling to see bunnies. You dont have to search for them, when they are there they will be hopping all around quite obviously so dont worry about searching. Some days I have 2 or 3 white bunnies all day long and some days I switch on to find lots and lots running everywhere. If you aren't seeing any at all, sounds like there could be yet ANOTHER bug in the system x

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Bunny mania

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 27, 14 4:46 AM
There are reports that when not present at first, they show up eventually--after hours or days, and it may help to quit the game and go back in.

And we also have the report from the developers that the "event" ends April 30, this Wednesday.

And, from other players, that (unfortunately) getting an actual response from the Customer Support won't happen sooner than 3 days.

Paradell
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Paradell on Apr 27, 14 8:27 AM
I have been playin EVERY day at least twice a day for months and have not seen one bunny yet. April 30 is in 3 days....guess I miss out. :-(

gamemom
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by gamemom on Apr 27, 14 8:37 AM
How many bunnies do you all have? I did the update the day it came out I have 5080 bunnies so it seems like I will not get to 12000 if it ends wed unless I use sodas to speed up runty's walks I am walking him twice a day if anyone has tips to get more bunnies another way I would love to hear them!

Edited on 04/27/2014 at 8:37:38 AM PST

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 27, 14 9:05 AM
HI Gamemom, I am also walking him constantly, using sodas and sometimes getting the jackpot instant completion and have even been finishing off his walks with sodas to see if i could get to the 12K before wed. I have 7733 and I don't see the goal happening before wed, although I am trying.

I was just now wondering if this end date is going to be for just the iphone, as their content is constantly being updated, so that would be easy for them to turn it off on the 30th.

I am wondering if there would need to be an update for us on the PC version to turn the bunnies off? or if the bunnies are pre-programmed to turn themselves off on the 30th?

Anyone know what is most normal for game programming?

edit
ok It's making me craycray not knowing! I just messaged both the Archie Riverdale Rescue FB person(s), and a mod on our forum here on BFG, to see if they could find out if Bunny mania will end for us on the 30th. I will report back here once they get back to me.

Edited on 04/27/2014 at 10:20:56 AM PST

gamemom
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by gamemom on Apr 27, 14 2:25 PM
thanks

1luvgaming
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,003 Posts

[Post New]by 1luvgaming on Apr 27, 14 2:31 PM
Hi all, I cannot figure what I get for 400 bunnies? A character or clothes?

I got the first bunny pen & not sure where info is on the items we get for bunny exchange.

Can someone please help?
Thanks so much

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 27, 14 3:14 PM
1luvgaming wrote:Hi all, I cannot figure what I get for 400 bunnies? A character or clothes?

I got the first bunny pen & not sure where info is on the items we get for bunny exchange.

Can someone please help?
Thanks so much

You won a Ranger outfit for Betty. If you go to the phone click the tab that says info, scroll to Betty, click the clothing tab at the top, scroll down through all her outfits, it is her last outfit and if you click it she will wear it.

The Bunny pen and all the remaining items you win (except clothes) will be in the phone, then click the tab that says store, then click on the briefcase.

Edited on 04/27/2014 at 3:16:54 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 27, 14 5:03 PM
And the list of what you can win next (w/ silhouettes of later prizes) is accessible by clicking the purple/white bunny at the top of the display.

Better yet, see Diva Doodle's post at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/278055.page#5665448 in the "The Update is here (also Spoilers)" thread.

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Apr 27, 14 5:08 PM
I went for many days without seeing a single bunny. Then one day I left the game sit open a while, and the bunnies started showing up. After that, they kept showing up even when the game wasn't open.

My Farm Up game still has Cupid sitting on the barn, so I would guess that the bunnies will keep showing up on the PC until the next update.

[Post New]by flameglimmer on Apr 27, 14 6:07 PM
I'm suspecting we'll have them until we choose to download the next update. So if a person was a few bunnies short, well they they could wait a bit to update the game.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 27, 14 8:01 PM
A few bunnies, you say? I'm hoping to hold out until 12K points and the Rabbit Maniac archievement.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 28, 14 6:00 AM
ok bad news for us trying to get the 12000 points in time,

The Archie Riverdale Rescue on FB just PM'd me back:

" Bunny Mania on PC will end automatically late on April 30th/early May 1st. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause!"

How weird we were given a mini game that cannot be completed as free to play in the time allotted! In order to complete Bunny Mania it is required to spend sodas, because we aren't allowed enough mini game days to find 12000 Bunnies. To speed up the process or to make sure you find every bunny everyday, you can buy Runty for 130 sodas but even Runty will not get you to goal in time. it will also be required to use sodas to speed up the process doing the 'sugar rush' which costs 12 sodas per each 12hour walking Runty, which nets 60 Bunnies.
This amounts to an enormous amount of sodas.

ok if I did the math right, It would require me to spend at least an additional 681.4 sodas to complete Bunny Mania before it ends.

Monday night 8357 projected bunnies found
Tues night 8477
wed night 8597 projected bunnies found by the mini game end.

3407 Bunnies still need to be found before deadline.
3407 / 60 (bunnies Runty can find per walk) = 58 walks
58 X 12 soda sugar rush = 681.4 sodas

Edited on 04/28/2014 at 8:25:14 AM PST

gamemom
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by gamemom on Apr 28, 14 8:44 AM
That is very frustrating!!!! I am regretting the sodas I have already spent on collecting bunnies with runty as I will be further behind then you and I will not spend 600 or more sodas to get a statue and finish an achievement!

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 28, 14 10:40 AM
Oh me either! phooey on them. i will just walk Runty noramlly two 12 hours per day to get the XP.

Plus it is very unfair, misleading and deceptive to Label and Advertise the game as free to play and then give a time limit mini game that can't be won freely. I noticed all the other achievements are obtainable for the free player. I wonder why not for this one? I am hoping it is just a goof up for the PC players. they did start the iphone Easter update days or a week earlier than we got, so maybe it is obtainable for them.

Can someone please check if my math is correct, then I will PM them back on FB. TY

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 28, 14 10:48 AM
I've already posted in public on both the FB GoGii and Riverdale Rescue pages. Perhaps sometime they'll read those rather censorious posts, if the threads aren't too old for them to notice.

So yeah, go ahead and message them, DD, w/ my endorsement!

Edited on 04/28/2014 at 10:49:05 AM PST

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

GOOD NEWS!!!

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Apr 28, 14 11:07 AM
ok good news!!!

I just got another FB PM from the Archie people:

Hi again,

It looks like I was mistaken - the iOS version (which had an earlier release than PC) will end on April 30/May 1st, while this date will allow PC players to begin buying out Bunny Mania tiers with soda. The event will end May 8/9 for BFG PC players. My apologies again, and happy bunny hunting!

so we have another week and 3 days, it might be doable!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 28, 14 11:07 AM
The following was relevant when we thought we had only until the 30th to finish making 12K points. I leave it here for the files, as it were.

And because I like the footnote.

Bottom line, yes. You miscopied and it's actually 56.8 walks, not 58; but 56.8 x 12 does = 681.4.

Which is the bulk of a 3-straw soda, like the one I just bought (NOT for that purpose) for $17.49 w/ our club discount.

I don't own Runty,* so I have to assume your 60 bunnies/walk datum is established.
-----------------
* Irrelevant tangent: Inspired characterization to have Reggie assign an insulting name, which the dog duly resented, in order to distance himself emotionally. And then when the critter's suddenly snatched, to find himself declaring, "I lo--I like to have Runty around" (or similar dialog).

Edited on 04/28/2014 at 12:00:12 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

GOOD NEWS!!!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 28, 14 11:09 AM
DivaDoodle wrote:so we have another week and 3 days, it might be doable!
Aw, and after I did all that burdensome math!

I'm going back in and click all them bunnies I was ignoring in protest.

Go to: