A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 04/28/2014 at 9:10:09 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams here

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 27, 14 12:38 AM
Thank you pondprowler.

Dark Fantasy – Imaginative Critter Sightings!****

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
From the start this game pulls at the heart strings. Our adorably cute little brother is sketching fairies, when an evil mist grabs him and takes him away. The intro graphics are great, and the tension and sense of adventure is immediate. You also get a good taste, even in those few minutes, of what the game will be like. There are large dollops of both cute and creepy right from the start.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
The graphics are excellent. Darkish, but still easily seen, nice artwork, and imaginative rendering of the many critters and creations in the world of the mist. The sounds are also good. I enjoyed the early voiceovers, but they do not extend much past the introduction. They crop up again near the end of the demo. For cinematic effect. The ambient noise is good too, although dominated by the ceaseless rain. I also liked the music.

WHAT’S HAPPENING?
It’s 20 years since Bro was dragged into the mist, and you now work on solving inexplicable phenomena, while you await your chance to enter the mist. Yes, it was long ago, but if you can just find a way in, maybe you can save him from whatever fate has kept him away for so long. The time comes, the omens and augers or whatever say that now is the time to enter the mist’s world. With the help of a fairy and a scientist, you finally get inside. There you meet many cute critters, and a lot of not-so-cute creatures. There are also 21 more critters hiding (morphing) in the mist, if you can find them.

In the mist world, ‘drawings burnt in the mist become real’. And it is for his artistic talent that your brother has been imprisoned and enslaved in this world. Obviously, you must rescue him. But how?

GAMEPLAY
There is a good mix of HOPs, puzzles and adventure gameplay. The HOPs are interactive lists, or progressive silhouettes. The puzzles are original and charming, and not really difficult. There is also a journal with objectives, notes and replayable movies with any clues on them.
I had no problems getting around and figuring out what to do next, but I did have the benefit of an interactive jump map that indicates available tasks (on lowest of 3 difficulty levels plus a custom level). The map shows 5 localities, and the demo covered only the first, which is a promising indicator of a long game – hopefully!

An added feature is a cardboard-like picture tube where rolled up pictures are carried. You find pieces of the drawings that make up the world around you, and piece them together using jigsaw-like puzzles. At which point you can burn them to replace the twisted image/creation with the original. A feature I kinda like, just for the info it provides, is a game timer. Not a timed game, you understand, just a keeping track of how long it takes to play the game.

CE BLING!
As mentioned, there are 21 morphing creatures hiding in the mist. There are also a large number of achievements, both performance and story based. The rest is unknown so far.

COMBINED IMPACT
Quite a pleasant game. Dark, combined with so much cuteness, may not appeal to everyone. And I don’t think it’s an award-winning production, but it is an enjoyable and involving game – and I love the critters!
I recommend this game!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 28, 14 3:59 AM
JustTheFacts wrote:Dark, combined with so much cuteness, may not appeal to everyone.
nieakitty wrote: However, regardless that I played a full hour, I kept feeling like I'm forcing myself to play to figure out why this game is a 5 star to most. In my opinion, it doesn't have the best visuals, sounds, nor story line to even get such a high rating.
<snip>
...this game doesn't have enough charm, originality, and story variation to deserve a 4-5 stars.

This game started out with some promise, but I succumbed to boredom after 30 minutes of the demo. There is nothing new or different here to maintain interest. I recommend playing all or most of the demo before deciding to buy.

Edited on 04/28/2014 at 4:12:02 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 28, 14 9:10 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Apr 29, 14 5:11 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The voice-overs weren't annoying and the annimations and graphics were great. I guess the music was OK since it didn't impact me. You have several degrees of difficulty to chose from...I always play casual so this review is based on that.

There were some sparkles but they were so small I had to look carefully to see them. The only thing I found to have an issue with is some of the HOS had shadow lists that were almost impossible to see. Black on dark blue...not good. Also, the HOS were quite dark so it took using the hint to find some of the items in the scene.

The transporter map was great and needed since this game was all over the place. Hint and skip refreshed adequately. The puzzles got tedious so I did skip a few.

A unique story which had a good ending....although the voice-over sound seemed to disappear during the last scene..but the dialog was there so you didn't miss anything. Cute story which took me about 3 hours (which is a good length for me).

I had no technical issues with the game. I will give it a 4+ out of 5...liked it a lot, highly recommend and will probably play again. Oh...I loved the little dragon.....

Edited on 04/29/2014 at 5:12:43 PM PST

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on May 1, 14 8:32 AM
Good game, long and lots to do, tended to get a bit monotonous toward the end but all in all a good buy.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on May 1, 14 6:59 PM
I loved this game from start to finish! So much to do, graphics were bright and clear, the HO's weren't too hard to play and I loved the characters especially the wee dragon.
Is this a buy? It is in my book. A great game!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jun 10, 14 7:29 PM
Beautifully done game. The graphics were gorgeous and the gameplay was more interesting than most like this. Some of the scenes looked familiar, though, so it would be nice if the creators could come up with some new ideas. The hidden object scenes were a bit junkpile, but the graphics were so nice, I didn't mind as much. Loved the unique interactive play in the hidden object scenes, as well. I will give this game a 7 out of 10.

Go to: