ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

Talk with the developers of Tales from the Dragon Mountain 2: The Lair here!

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 28, 14 12:54 AM
Hi everyone!

I believe some of you may already know me, but just in case...
I'm a producer and lead designer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Tales from the Dragon Mountain 2: The Lair.

It has already become a tradition for us to chat with you on this forum. I would very much like to hear your comments & suggestions... The more we hear from you, the more improvements we can make for our next game.
We have been doing this for years now - every time we had a new release on Big Fish. And every time we had a chance to hear some great suggestions from you how to improve on our next game.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum for a few days and try to catch up with everyone!

best,
Ivan
Cateia Games

Edited on 04/28/2014 at 4:58:48 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tales from the Dragon Mountain 2: The Lair here!

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 28, 14 1:44 AM
Hi Ivan,

So good to see you again. Once again...I'm raving how great...I think your games are...as I have in the past. I'm a huge fan!! So happy to add another great game from you to my library.

It's been to long.Congratulations to all of your team for another great job well done!! Hope to see more games from you sooner. I really enjoy all of your games. As stated in my reviews.

Forever Fan!
Lisa

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 28, 14 1:48 AM
Hi MissLisa
thanks! It's great to hear that you enjoy TFDM2: The Lair (and our other games)!
I guess you would like to know that we prepare a lot of new games for this year

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Apr 28, 14 2:12 AM
Oh MY had I not been up so late tonight I may have missed this post/thread entirely as I evidently did your original game! I don't believe I ever saw the original for whatever reason I can't fathom... yet both the original as well as this newer version #2 look SO up my gaming 'alley' I can't wait for tomorrow to give this latest version [as well as #1] a shot ! Darn... WHY do we have to sleep, anyway!?

I'd also like to express that I am very impressed a developer is so in touch with we players as to communicate via the threads and thank you for that as well as in advance for what I anticipate to be great gaming adventure/s.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 28, 14 2:23 AM
talking to our players has been very important to us from the very beginning
and we'll continue this practice in future as well. I'm looking forward to hear your comments/suggestions

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 28, 14 2:27 AM
Hello Ivan,

Good to see you here again ---- it speaks so positively when a developer comes to the forums!!

Like MissLisa, I also enjoy your games very much and that certainly includes this one ---- an excellent sequel.

I'm looking forward to more games that you are working on for this year.

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Frezo on Apr 28, 14 3:45 AM
Hi

I would love to play this game, Looks really nice , but I have a MAC !

Do you think there will be a Mac Version soon or do you only develope for PC?

This would be may suggestion :-)... develope the games also for MAC users. :-)

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 28, 14 3:48 AM
I remember the first game being filled with tricky little puzzles and adventures, I bought this one straight off without even a trial. Welcome back to the forum.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 28, 14 3:48 AM
Frezo wrote:Hi

I would love to play this game, Looks really nice , but I have a MAC !

Do you think there will be a Mac Version soon or do you only develope for PC?

This would be may suggestion :-)... develope the games also for MAC users. :-)

of course, the Mac version will be available on Big Fish. I don't know the exact day, but I guess very soon

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 28, 14 4:11 AM
I also am impressed that you join us Ivan, and well done. I assume you'll read the review thread, so I won't repeat myself here.

I am hoping you'll answer one question that is forever banging around in my head.

The style of graphics you use in this game are of a kind I associate almost exclusively with adventure games, and are quite distinct from the type normally found in hidden object games. What should I call it? I get 2D and 3D and heaven knows what else all confused...

Cool of you to make it playable in HD - thanks for that!

Again, well done!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 28, 14 4:22 AM
What a nice surprise today. This game is like a breath of fresh air!
Beautiful...and in HD! An adventure not just a scavenger hunt....LOVE IT!
Thanks! I can't wait to see what else you are going to offer us.
I am probably in the minority here, but I play for the adventure, not the HO's. Those I just tolerate. So I am liking no HO's.
Thank you again and nice to see you on the forum.
Ci

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 28, 14 4:36 AM
hi JustTheFacts,

the graphics are combination of 3D backgrounds and 2D elements and animations. This is a standard approach in most adventure and HOPA games. But perhaps we use 3D to set up backgrounds slightly more then others

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Apr 28, 14 4:45 AM
Hi,

I just finished your game and enjoyed it, thank you.
I loved the adventure and like another poster liked not having any HOS. I also like fantasy so the story line was great too.
One bit of feed back though. Some of the puzzles require you to find a clue which is then put into your diary. I found it a bit of a pain to have to open my diary all the time to check the clue as I was doing the puzzle, especially when they involved symbols that are hard to remember.
Once you have found the clues could they be shown in the puzzle screen rather than only in the diary? It would mean a lot less clicking back and forth.

Looking forward to your future games!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Apr 28, 14 4:45 AM
HI Ivan - another fan here

I loved playing the demo and will be purchasing the game very soon.

Just one question - will you be releasing any more games soon (or at least sometime this year)?

Jen

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 28, 14 4:56 AM
@katejoe999
- thanks for the suggestion. we'll add this improvement to our new games for sure!

@mamajay
- of course!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 28, 14 5:06 AM
Thank you for the info ivan! I shall have to examine every game I try now to see if I can tell the difference between the various uses of 2D vs. 3D graphics!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 28, 14 6:23 AM
Ivan,

Great game am loving it and what a pleasant surprise for a Monday. Nice to have a game with few or no Hos scenes, I too much prefer the mini games, puzzles and the adventure.

Thank you for being here and thank you for a great game.

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Apr 28, 14 7:20 AM
My first impression after I clicked on the game tab was .. wow .. no word lists!!! Yippie .. cause I immediately close the tab when I see those word lists. What really caught my eye b4 noticing there was no word list, however, were the pretty colors. U got another yippie from me .. I don't like the dark gloomy colored games.

I do get kinda scared when I see the word 'adventure' tho. Only cause I get motion sick when I play a certain kind of adventure games .. so I am crossing my fingers as I type this (while the game is downloading) and hope ur game doesn't have that kinda queasy motion, and when folks talk about 'adventure' they r describing all the fun I hope to have wandering and exploring the game.

Unfortunately, I don't have depth perception. Therefore I wont be able to enjoy the 2D or 3D factors. But, I will still be able to enjoy the pretty pics.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Apr 28, 14 7:59 AM
I am clicking on the dragons but not all of them are registering...I am still showing only 1 stone dragon has been picked up and I have clicked on 2 at least so far. The one in Umberto's den on the book shelf did not register. Love the game so far but this is a little frustrating.

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Apr 28, 14 9:11 AM
Just finished the game & loved it! Thanks for a fun game, I love adventure games and certainly enjoyed not having to bother with HOS, morphing objects, wallpaper etc. All things that in my opinion are just distractions. Good job!

Go to: